PDA

View Full Version : You know what's sad?

ashleycat
04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
The neighbors behind me and a couple houses down got a new puppy.

They keep it outside. :( It cries all night, all day. Poor thing. And it was a high 90's today too.

jesse_3
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Wow, that is so sad! Maybe you could call and complain to the cops? Does the puppy have food and water available? Does it have shelter available, and if yes, is the kennel or whatever clean?

Steph, Jes, and Jemi'

*LabLoverKEB*
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Now that's what I call abuse/neglect. They should not even have that poor baby. Someone needs to tell the 'owners' that this is very unfair. :( :mad:

sammy101
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
it was very hot today. my 2 just get hot going out for a short walk.Like what Jesse ask,does s/he have a shelter,food,water?If not,you can report them. poor thing :(

luvofallhorses
04-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I can certainly empathize with you. My neighbor whom I despise has his lab out all night and I believe he is outside A LOT of the day, but doesn't come in at night. I have called the ACO and reported him 3 times. I think we have a new ACO and I will report him and report him until it gets through to him. My parents have left a blanket out for him and I spared a coat I had. I even took over dog biscuits to him so he could have something in his tummy. I doubt he has food or water when he's out there. :( It breaks my heart and how someone could do that to something so innocent is beyond me. :( :mad:

ashleycat
04-17-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't know. I don't know which house it is. There's a big wooden fences with a storm drainage behind our houses so I don't know exactly where it's coming from. Or what kind it is. I haven't seen the puppy. Only hear it. I wouldn't even know where to tell them to go.

Also, down the street I can't walk by this one house. They have a Rotti who is digging under the fence and can get his head out. He seems very agressive. Should I call somebody or just try talking to them and see if they will fix the hole?

THEN there are these 2 dogs that get out ALL the time. I'm thinking of buying 2 more leashes. Cus when I'm out walking Charlie, I end up finding them out and taking them back. It's kinda hard walking a couple blocks hunched over. But tonight they got out and the owner didn't answer her door. Tho the lights and blinds were open and on. Van in driveway. Maybe she was out somewhere. I didn't know what to do. So I left and just let them stay loose. She can find them later. She has flyers out for her missing dogs. They've been brought back to her SEVERAL times. I wonder how they get out in the first place.

carole
04-17-2006, 11:11 PM
If you really are concerned and you sound like you are, do some further investigation and if things are not good, then do something about it,be the one to help this puppy have a better life, but be sure of your facts first, good luck, hope you can make this puppy happier.

Daisy and Delilah
04-18-2006, 05:43 AM
I can never understand why people think they need to take in a pet but they don't want to take proper care of them. Please try to save that little angel if you can. Thanks for caring so much and good luck :(

Pawsitive Thinking
04-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Its not just sad - its inhumane!!! Please report them all to the relevant authorities :mad: :mad:

dab_20
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Report it to AC! WHY do people get puppies just to keep chained up in the backyard?!? :mad: Good luck, I hope that little puppy will find a better home soon.

Pembroke_Corgi
04-18-2006, 08:46 AM
I can never understand why people think they need to take in a pet but they don't want to take proper care of them. Please try to save that little angel if you can. Thanks for caring so much and good luck :(
I know, why do people even HAVE the dog if they don't want to spend time and care for them?

I hope you can help the poor little puppy. It sounds like there are a lot of irresponsible pet owners out there. :( Good luck!

ashleycat
04-18-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm hearing it less and less. I'm wondering if when I hear it if it's just forced to stay out for to potty. Or maybe it just gave up.

What exactly would I tell AC when all the info I have is that it cries a lot.

I don't know what breed, what house, or if it has proper stuff out there.

shihtzulover850
04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
This is so sad. Even if this puppy is just being made to stay out to potty somebody should stay out with it. Have you seen any body walking a new puppy? If you have you might be able to offer some helpful advice to them on how to properly care for a puppy. That is what I would do. Good luck! :) :) :rolleyes: :cool: :D ;) :p

carole
04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
If i were you i would get my Ms Snoop gear on and do some serious investigation, you could pretend you are a phamplet dropper or something, would put your mind at ease to, good luck and i hope that you are wrong and that the puppy is ok.

lute
04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
poor puppy. chances are it probably gave up and realized it's stuck in the yard...all by himself. :(

the two runaways are in danger for many reasons. they could be hit by a car, poisoned, stolen, etc. i would next time you return them i would ask her how they are getting loose. if she knows why tell her she needs to fix the problem or you will call the police or animal control.

i would tell the owners of the rottie that he can stick his head out. they may not even know.

ashleycat
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I called critter control, they gave me to humane society. They told me the only thing that can be done is for me to go there myself and see what's going on. They can't or have someone come check it out.

Texas is 100 degrees out right now. What is it going to be like in the summer?

I found the house in which the pup is. But I think they may be at work. I don't want to go in their back yard because it's tresspassing. Maybe I'll take a walk with my dd and doggie and knock on their door.

I will also stop by the rotties house too.

I hate being shy. I walk back and forth millions of times before I actually do something.

lizbud
04-18-2006, 05:22 PM
I called critter control, they gave me to humane society. They told me the only thing that can be done is for me to go there myself and see what's going on. They can't or have someone come check it out.

I found the house in which the pup is. But I think they may be at work. I don't want to go in their back yard because it's tresspassing. Maybe I'll take a walk with my dd and doggie and knock on their door.

I hate being shy. I walk back and forth millions of times before I actually do something.

Just keep thinking how much these animals need for someone to speak
up for them & do it. Maybe Animal Control would be more helpful if you gave
them more info to go on, like a certain address,etc? Good luck with this.

lute
04-18-2006, 06:05 PM

keep investigating! hot weather is hard on young puppies. you may be his ticket out of a horrible summer. i'm shy as well. you just gotta take a deep breath and do it. no one else will help these dogs.