PDA

View Full Version : I've been adopted...

DJFyrewolf36
04-17-2006, 09:26 PM
By a tiny kitten! I'd explain the whole situation, but it would take forever. To make a very long story about the stupididy of some people short, my roomate decided to up and bail out on us and take Onyx with him and then a friend of ours got into a sticky situation involving her idotic son and now she has to find a home for a litter of kittens she has been caring for (momcat and dadcat are hers but of course they aren't fixed) I've decided to take one, with Onyx gone and Spook being the motherly type she is (she was like that with Onyx until he started getting teritorial) I think she (we've named her Pandora, for good reason!) will get along well here. She's a calico orangie if you could immagine! I'm going to eventually coherse mom into letting me borrow her cam so I can show you all her markings. She is such a pretty kitty, and a sweet little thing too. She is small though and I think its a good idea to keep her in the bathroom with her own box and stuff until the biger critters (cats and dog) get the clue that she isnt something to be stepped on!

I'll be back with updates when we bring her home, and some questions as I have never taken care of a young kitten before. I think she is past the suckling stage but I haven't gotten any details thanks to everything going to H E double hockey sticks with some people. I do know that the kittens need to go quickly because of whats going on, and I'd absolutely hate to see them be thrown outside (which is what this person would do as she is anti-shelter for some dumb reason). I think (and pray) that the others all have homes that are ready for them, Pandora, the momcat and dadcat are the only ones without anywhere to go.

Some people, at least though I can help one kitty out.

RedHedd
04-17-2006, 10:53 PM
OMG! DJ. Pandora sounds adorable; I'm so sorry about your losing Onyx, though.

DJFyrewolf36
04-18-2006, 02:25 AM
The whole Onyx situation kinda bugs me but at the same time I know my roomate will take care of him (and hopefully get him fixed, like he said he was going to) and Onyx is really attached. Spook and Remus were starting to have major teritorial issues with Onyx. He started to cause major disharmony, and it got worse once Draco and Isabeau came to us (my MIL's kitties, we are fostering them) Since Onyx has been gone, the other four have calmed down and Shiloh (the dog) has been behaving a lot better around the cats.

All in all I think based on how Onyx was developing personality-wise, being an only cat (or in a house with only one other kitty might work too) would be a lot better for him. He is a very very teritorial cat, both with space and with people. He got jealous easily and he has a tendancy to find things that irritates other cats (I don't think its intentional sometimes). Spook was really starting to get POed because Onyx decided one day to make John his personal project lol. Spook didn't like it one bit and had started to start peeing everywhere (and on my former roomates stuff in particular). At least now, the peeing has stopped.

Back to little Pandora though, she is weaned (has all her teeth, and they look darn healthy), pretty good with the litter box, and aside from hissing and spititng at Shiloh, has been pretty ok with the other critters. Spook is being a bit of a B but she's gotten better in the few hours we've been home. Pandora now is rolling on the keybord trying her DARNESS to get my attention. (and it is working, I've been typing at this for a while lol) as I said before, bash an orangie with a calico and you have what she looks like. She is the only calico of the bunch. There is a girl orangie I would have taken out of the litter too but she already has a home.

Ive never dealt with a kitten this young (I think she is 2-3 months old at this point but Im not too sure, Im finding out tomorow the exact date she was born). Onyx was at least 4 months if not older when I got him and Remus and Spook were both over 6 months. I must say Im enjoying the little girl and am happy to actually follow another kitties life from kittenhood all the way to old age. (I myself think they get cuter as they get older :) )

Sigh, sometimes I wonder what I got myself into. Before I joined PT I didnt even think about wanting a cat...and now Ive been living with 5 of them for a while now. Draco and Isabeau probibly are only staying until the end of April and then I'll be down to three again. 3 is a good number lol although I dont mind fostering one bit. Ive gained a lot of respect for cats having been around so many of them. Whats great too is that they're all different breeds and age ranges so I get experence from a broad persepective.

Hopefully tomorow I can con my mom into letting her camera out of the house for a FEW hours lol, and Ill get pix of everybody, even the dog (much to the cats annoyance)

DJFyrewolf36
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Well she made it through the night without difficulty. I found a pee biscut in her box so at least thats working normally :) She yowled at the door for maybe 10 min before she selttled in last night. She is suprisingly agile for a kitty of her age :D and managed to climb on things that the others dont even dare to try! Right now, she's making friends with Remus (who adores her btw). Spook of course is not pleased bur she isn't going out of her way to be mean either so its a start.

Overall its going well. She is eating and drinking just fine and everyone seems to be getting along. I'm still going to keep her in the bathroom at night though, as she is tiny and will get stepped on!! (Not on purpose, the dog is just a klutz lol)

Karen
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Welcome, Pandora! :)

catmandu
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
We can hardly wait to see Pandora .
The Found Cats and I know that this Little Treasure will repay you a Million Fold for Your Kindness the way that Scrappy 2 has repaid me.
MMMMEEEEEEEOOOW To Pandora from us all.

DJFyrewolf36
04-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Pandora says Thanks and MEEEOOOOOOW for the welcome!