PDA

View Full Version : Catfamily Carla :-( Back into the Hospital

QueenScoopalot
04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Gary Catmandu started a thread about Carla's surgery..http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102960
Update is I got a call from Carla earlier today, and she had to be taken into the Emergency Room last night. She was in unbearable pain, and they are thinking her intestine may be leaking somewhere. I asked her if she was on antibiotics at all, and was shocked that after bowel and hernia surgery, they gave her none. :eek: I know antibiotics are overused, but for intestinal operations with so much danger of infection, I would think they'd have prescribed them for that alone! She still needs our prayers and well wishes as I know she appreciates them. Get better Carla! ;) More gentle hugs coming your way...Jan

AbbyMom
04-17-2006, 09:03 PM
What? No antibiotics after intestinal surgery? They'll give it to anyone with a cold (for which antibiotics do no good), but not for surgery with a high risk of infection? :confused:

More prayers, good wishes and very gentle {hugs} on the way for Carla.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-18-2006, 03:30 AM
OMG, please get better soon Carla!!!

trayi52
04-18-2006, 06:18 AM
What a shock! They should have been giving Carla antibiotics!

Tell Carla she is in my prayers and I am sending good thoughts to her.

Willie

catnapper
04-18-2006, 06:52 AM
OH DEAR! cARLA, LOTS OF PRAYERS COMING YOUR WAY SWEETIE!!!

kb2yjx
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I am so glad I was sitting DOWN with Ralph draped over my left arm so I could not fall off the chair when I read that Carla had intestional surgery and NO antibiotics!!! I am stunned!!! As another post said, people get antibiotics for a cold, and Carla, who is at the rish for peritionitis, gets NONE!!!!! BIG prayers for Carla!!!!!! Sandra

Donnaj4962
04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Lots of prayers and warm wishes coming from Indiana to Carla! I am sorry to hear that she had to go back to the ER. From the earlier posts, it sounded like she was in unbearable pain. Poor thing.

I hope Carla is well again soon and in less pain now!

Craftlady
04-18-2006, 08:36 AM
I agree the doctor(s) are nuts.
With my collasped lung (chest tube) they started me on antibotic i.v. and did so for 10 days while I was in the hospital to prevent infection. Feel so sorry for Carla.
Will keep good thoughts and prayers.

sirrahbed
04-18-2006, 08:38 AM
I am so sorry to read this news about sweet Carla!

I have said my prayers for you and am sending (((HUGS)))

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
OMG poor Carla :( ! I'll keep her and my family in my thoughts and prayers.

furrykidsmother
04-18-2006, 08:42 AM
OMG!! The poor thing! Lots of good thoughts and prayers on their way!

prechrswife
04-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Oh, no! Praying here...

catcrazylady
04-18-2006, 09:09 AM
OMG!!! I'm not only shocked but so deeply sorry to hear poor Carla is back in the hospital. :( :( Bless her heart. She is such a dear person and has to go through so much.

Please let Carla know that many people are sending prayers and good thoughts her way. {{{{HUGS}}}} and many prayers coming to you Carla. God Bless you.

catlover4ever
04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Oh Carla, I'm sending good thoughts and lots of prayers for a speedy recovery. The "fur kids" send kisses and head bumpies as well. Get better soon.

catmandu
04-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Thats terrible News.
How could they not give Carla the proper medicines.
We are praying even Harder that Carla will survive this and be back home with Mike and Cats soon.
I am very sad.

aki
04-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Get well soon Carla!

Sending up prayers for you and your family!

God Bless!

~Aki

catfamily
04-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone :) :D
I'm home and OK! I have pictures of the cats I took today but I need to rest in between.I love you all and thanks so much for all your kindness and prayers.There are no bowel blockages and NO leakage(Just the thought!!)Thank GOD!!!
So now I just need to heal.Mike has been good taking care of things and only the heavy cats (Rosco and Colby)try to jump on my tummy.Kind of funny I guess.Rosco jumped on my stomach and It felt like a horse kicked it! :eek:
But I'm fine and the cats are all over me.I keep a pillow over my tummy at all times in case a cat wants to give me some love and affection :rolleyes: :D

Pawsitive Thinking
04-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Glad to see you're home with the best doctors and nurses in the world ;)

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Thank God you're OK Carla! I was so worried when you told me you may have been at risk for peritonitis...and soooo happy to hear that isn't so. :) PHEW! Now if only the big guys would learn not to jump on your tummy.... :rolleyes: Rest up, heal fast, and thanks for letting us all know you're home again. ;) More hugs coming your way! :D Can't wait to see more pictures...kiss all the kitties you can for me. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Awww, I am happy to hear you are back home, without the dreaded infections!

ps; After my back surgery, it also hurt like hell when one of the cats jumped on it!! :eek:

Donnaj4962
04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
I am so glad to hear that you are back home once again! Home is the best place to heal, expecially with all of the wonderful furry caregivers you have! Aren't they just the best???!!! :D

Keep healing, and my girls and I will continue to keep you in our prayers!

sirrahbed
04-18-2006, 01:00 PM
All of the prayers since you went to ER were answered very quickly! Thank you God :) And now, continued prayer requests for the easing and tolerance of the pain, peaceful sleep, and contented restful time while you wait.

Oh, and more ((((HUGS)))) too :D

catmandu
04-18-2006, 05:47 PM
We are so Glad that you are home Carla.
The Found Ctas and I are CHEERING!!!
And Praying that you will be Your Old Self Soon.
I know what you mean as my feet are sensative and The Kittens think that they are Big Cat Toys to grab.
We are all Praying for You,and The Pet Angels are visiting 24/7.
How is Your Lap Top?

kb2yjx
04-18-2006, 07:16 PM
What wonderful news!!The cats will be the best medicine that you can get!! Continued prayers for your recovery!!!! Sandra

rg_girlca
04-18-2006, 08:47 PM
PHEW!!! I'm glad that I came into this late to see that you are back home and doing OK Carla and thank you Mike for taking such good care of everything.

Prayers on the way that you have a full and speedy recovery.

((((((HUGS))))))

K & L
04-19-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm just now reading this and glad to hear you're back at home! I hope you're on the uphill climb to health now!