PDA

View Full Version : Back and kind of sad.......

Husky_mom
04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
so i got back from a 5 day weekend.......i got off work since last wednesday till today. we took a short trip from Chihuahua, Ojinaga, Presidio.....to Midland, TX, well........not........we turned around at Fort Davis and went to El Paso LOL, and then back home...........

thaq thing i´m sad is because i begged hubby to get me to petsmart so i could get dog food since its cheaper in USA than back home and i needed to refill just about now, so i HAD to check on the bettas and fell for some but i was nervous about getting some and had themn take a 4hr drive in the hot sun all way back to Chihuahua so i never made my mind and went to the Cat adoption section..............i always look at them but since i cant get one or my dogs think its food, i never paid too much attention but there was this cat..............dark body white legs and a blaze,light green eyes that spoke,a gorgeous cat, such great personality and she begged me to pet her, she was so cute and outgoing,........i felt sad cause i couldnt take her, still today i think of her and regret not being able to take her........she really got me and i´m not a cat person at all, i like cats but my devotion goes to dogs and this one just melted me i cant take her off my mind but i´m sure shell find a great home, shes such a great cat.........

sorry just needed to vent my sadness about that situation..........

poofy
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Im so sorry, you sad, and I can really understand how you feel..I hope that some day you can get one.. :(

joanofark
04-17-2006, 06:27 PM
OMGosh,:p I did the same thing!!::(

here... (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=101913)

Toby's my baby
04-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry that you are sad, hopefully she found a good home!!

dukedogsmom
04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
That's why I don't like going to animal control. I know it's not the same but it's very depressing. I didn't even like going there when I was picking up a dog for rescue. I wish we could save them all.

zippy-kat
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey! Midland is less than 2 hrs from where I live! Next time you're "in the neighborhood" let me know. :)

JenBKR
04-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Oh I know how you feel - it's so hard to go to petsmart and look at the kitties. I feel so bad for them and I want to take them all home. I was never a 'cat person' either, I grew up with dogs, but when we first got our house my husband wanted a cat. I wasn't sure, but when I first saw my Belle I knew that I could love her. Maybe someday you will be able to get a kitty - are you sure that your dogs won't get along with a cat?

Husky_mom
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
thanks, i really hope someday i can find a cat like that one she was THE cat.......

and regarding my dogs trust me they dont get along with cats, i dont want to go through that again, i´m not happy with what happened a while ago but better keep them away from them just to be sure.........

JenBKR
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Ah I see, I didn't realize that there had been a previous incident with your dogs being around cats. That's too bad! But, when you are ready and decide to get a cat, I'd be willing to bet that you will find another cat that would be perfect. After getting Belle, I kept thinking that yes I love her, but I probably wouldn't love another cat because I just didn't consider myself a cat person. Then along came Katie, and I fell in love again. Funny how it happens. Someday, you'll have THE cat ;) but in the meantime, it probably would be a good idea to keep your dogs away if something happened before.