PDA

View Full Version : 156-THursday's! The years in review?

RICHARD
04-17-2006, 10:16 AM
I thought I'd open the bar today...I have been decorating too...

Grab a party hat and come on in...The Drink for Today is BAILEY'S..

Yes mario, help Lady, Possum and the Orc into their hats....and no snapping the elastic on them!

we have the whole week so go slow folks!

Killearn Kitties
04-17-2006, 10:30 AM
In that case, I maybe better have a nice cup of tea!

You've been busy Richard. Did you do all the painting yourself? What do you call that shade? Oh I've just noticed the old photos! I'll see if I recognise anyone.

Did all this stuff happen in the bar??? :eek:

davidpizzica
04-17-2006, 05:58 PM
RICHARD, you've been a busy lad! The bar really needed painted. Uh, before you put Orc's party hat on hin, I better get some fresh batteries in his remote. He's been run down lately! I'll have some Baileys while I figure out how to open Orc's remote,

momoffuzzyfaces
04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
HAVE WE BEEN DRINKING FOR 3 YEARS ALREADY??? :eek: :D

I must say, I've enjoyed every drop!!! :D

Mario, you look dashing in your hat. Lady and Possum and Orc all look so cute and festive too!!!

I'll open with a cherry rootbeer and onion rings, for old times sake!!! :D

davidpizzica
04-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi, Connie! I'll bring my Baileys over and sit beside you. I can't wait to have my cataract operation so I can really see the bar!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi, David!
I'll share my onion rings if you want!

When is your surgery?
My dad had it done and it was an outpatient type thing. Hopefully yours will be too!

You may have to wear dark glasses until you get used to the colors in the bar. Mario "HELPED" decorate. Need I say more? :D

davidpizzica
04-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi, David!
I'll share my onion rings if you want!

When is your surgery?
My dad had it done and it was an outpatient type thing. Hopefully yours will be too!

You may have to wear dark glasses until you get used to the colors in the bar. Mario "HELPED" decorate. Need I say more? :D
Connie, I meet with the eye surgeon next monday the 24th. He'll see what's going on and set a date for the surgery. Like your dad's surgery this will be outpatient, also. I better dig out my Ray-Bans!

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I thought I'd open the bar today...I have been decorating too...

Grab a party hat and come on in...The Drink for Today is BAILEY'S..

Yes mario, help Lady, Possum and the Orc into their hats....and no snapping the elastic on them!

we have the whole week so go slow folks!

Hey Richard,
The bar looks great! I'll take a Bailey's please. I also brought some homemade apple pie to celebrate with. Lady you look so cute in that hat. Let me take some pictures of the fuzzies and Orc in their hats before Lady decides to remove hers.

And for those of you who may be stressing with your taxes at the last minutes a fresh pot of coffee to put some of that Bailey's in. :)

gini
04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
What, Thursdays is open already? Wow - has it really been three years?
And just think folks - we haven't been kicked out yet (close- but no cigar).

A little Bailey's? Well, actually that apple pie smells wonderful and I had better speak up for a piece or it will be all gone.

Look at the decorations - Richard I didn't know that you could do this.

Congratulations - this is really fun.

Corinna
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
I agree has it really been 3 years? Place looks great. I'll take a DLC please, love the photo array.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2006, 11:55 AM
I love the wall by the L&F that Richard let the non-humans decorate!!! Who knew they were so artistic??? ;)

Any pie left? :)

Karen
04-18-2006, 12:21 PM
And I am sure the paint left on Lady's tail will come off soon - but on a shiny black dog that bright color really stands out! Oh well, it matches her hat, anyway! ;)

It's a lovely spring day here, not to hot but not cold. Here, I brought another apple pie (same recipe, probably, Ma's) so more people can have some. And being New Englanders, I brought some good cheddar to go with it!

RedHedd
04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
And I am sure the paint left on Lady's tail will come off soon - but on a shiny black dog that bright color really stands out! Oh well, it matches her hat, anyway! ;) ! Aha! That explains some of the artwork on the walls! Nice touch - dog painting! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-18-2006, 02:34 PM
And I am sure the paint left on Lady's tail will come off soon - but on a shiny black dog that bright color really stands out! Oh well, it matches her hat, anyway! ;)

It's a lovely spring day here, not to hot but not cold. Here, I brought another apple pie (same recipe, probably, Ma's) so more people can have some. And being New Englanders, I brought some good cheddar to go with it!

I KNEW I was forgetting something. Thanks Karen, I brought some vanilla ice cream to go with the pie too as well as another pie, I knew it would go quick.

It wouldn't be the first time Lady got paint on herself.

moosmom
04-18-2006, 03:08 PM
MOFF,

Time sure flies when you're having fun!!! 3 whole years, WOW!!! :eek:

Davidp,

Don't worry, I'll volunteer to be your seeing-eye person till your eye heals.

davidpizzica
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
MOFF,

Time sure flies when you're having fun!!! 3 whole years, WOW!!! :eek:

Davidp,

Don't worry, I'll volunteer to be your seeing-eye person till your eye heals.
Hey, Sweetheart! That sounds great! I can hear for you until your ear get better! I think between us we would make one good person!

Lady's Human
04-18-2006, 06:56 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FRUITCAKE_FIND?SITE=NYBIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I brought a fruitcake, anyone want some? :D

How about some Irish coffee to go with the pie`!@?< Lady helping me type!

RICHARD
04-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I brought a fruitcake, anyone want some? :D

How about some Irish coffee to go with the pie`!@?< Lady helping me type!

Confession time?

I dipped Lady's tail into the paint, stood her next to the wall and gave her treats! Mario helped paint the ceilings and Possum helped stir the paint.

The Orc let Mario stand on his shoulders, That Orc is my kinda Urukhai! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
04-18-2006, 07:13 PM
In that case, I maybe better have a nice cup of tea!

You've been busy Richard. Did you do all the painting yourself? What do you call that shade? Oh I've just noticed the old photos! I'll see if I recognise anyone.

Did all this stuff happen in the bar??? :eek:

LOLOL, Yes it did.....

Tea for you?

DONE!

As you can tell time flies when you have "pun"! ;)

LH,
Let me pour...

IC? DONE!

David,

One bailey's? DONE!

MOFF,

CHerry Root beer and Onion Rings!
DONE!

LOH,

A bailey's for the lady..

DONE...

Sorry about the dog....It's water based so clean up is easy.... :o

Gini,

Martha Stewart ain't got nothing on me!

Corrina,

A dlc? DONE!

Karen,

Thank you for the pie, LOH too!! Vanilla Ice Cream....Would it be rude to ask if anyone made pumpkin pie?

Hi Redd,
Get you anything? :D

MM, anything for you?

THanks to you all for making Thursday's the funnest day of the week!!

DONE!

---------------------

For all the Python fans....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1472378#post1472378

Lady's Human
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm sure a pumpkin pie can be arranged, it would certainly be better than the fruitcake!

I just wish Lady could tell me how long that paint is going to take to come off of the fuzzball's fur. Poor guy, yeah he gets plenty of attention, but a Blue Kitten?

gini
04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
I used to love fruitcake - used to buy them from - who was it? Collin Street Bakery? I don't even know if they still exist. I used to love them until a girlfriend of mine said it was filled with formaldahyde fruit. Yuck! :eek:

Also, LOH, and Karen, I want you to know that I skipped out of the virtual bar and went to the "real" store and bought an apple pie. Yup and some vanilla ice cream for it too. Now knock these suggestions off, or I will be in really big trouble! :D :D

moosmom
04-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Huh??? :eek: Oops, sorry. :rolleyes: I was spacing out. I'll have a Mudslide with Bailey's, please.

How's it going RICHARD?? Boy, this place looks great since the paint job!! Anyone care for some music?? I've got change for the jukebox.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I used to love fruitcake - used to buy them from - who was it? Collin Street Bakery? I don't even know if they still exist. I used to love them until a girlfriend of mine said it was filled with formaldahyde fruit. Yuck! :eek:

Also, LOH, and Karen, I want you to know that I skipped out of the virtual bar and went to the "real" store and bought an apple pie. Yup and some vanilla ice cream for it too. Now knock these suggestions off, or I will be in really big trouble! :D :D
Gini, I used to work in a bakery. We didn't use formaldahyde fruit. We picked ours with brandy. Lots and lots of brandy!!!
Started them in September. They were great by Christmas!!!

David, I hope you have Donna's number programed into your phone so you just have to punch one button!!! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Karen,

Thank you for the pie, LOH too!! Vanilla Ice Cream....Would it be rude to ask if anyone made pumpkin pie?
---------------------

For all the Python fans....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1472378#post1472378

Funny you should ask that Richard, I was just thinking about making one. So here you go. Ask and ye, shall recieve. And some whipped cream to go with it, no Mario you cannot play with the whipped cream can.

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-18-2006, 10:29 PM

Well Gini, I know what you mean, I made an apple pie for dessert after Easter Dinner on Saturday night and my mouth was watering all night and all day Sunday so bad I had 2 pieces.

captain
04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
3 years!!!!!

WOW - feel so "old" :D

DOTD please barkeep!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Anyone ever eat ice cream in cataloupe?

We used to cut the melons in half and take the seeds out then put vanilla ice cream in the hole! YUMMY!!!!

A cherry vanilla coke and some nachos sound good today!!! :D

gini
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
MOFF, don't start!!! :D Yesterday I had to run out and buy an apple pie, and now you have my mouth watering for some cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream!!

I used to have that all of the time - haven't had it in years.

RedHedd
04-19-2006, 01:05 PM
OK, now you've done it! I'm now craving cataloupe and ice cream!
Just an iced tea for now - the sun is actually out and the roads are dry! I could get used to this!

zippy-kat
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
:D Pumpkin pie? Whip cream?! I'm so there!

The only thing better than pumpkin pie is blackberry cobbler & 'nilla ice cream. Mmmm...

moosmom
04-19-2006, 02:36 PM
David, I hope you have Donna's number programed into your phone so you just have to punch one button!!!

Yup, he does!!! We talk on the phone almost every night, when I'm not working at Bad Breath and Beyond.

slick
04-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone! I've not been around because I've been feeling really down lately and can't seem to shake it. No better way to revive my soul than to come to Thursdays. :)

Great paint job Richard. Nothing sweet for me. I'll just grab some nachoes and a double Lemon Drop to go. Gotta get back to the salt mines.

**waves**
I'll try to check in later.

catland
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi everybody - I should have checked in sooner. :eek:

Cantaloupe and ice cream? Can't say I've had the honor - but I did have strawberries and ice cream the other day and they were delicious.

Any more of that baileys left?

davidpizzica
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Yup, he does!!! We talk on the phone almost every night, when I'm not working at Bad Breath and Beyond.
Or when I'm not too beat from slaving away at Wrong View, I mean Longue Vue Club!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi, Slick!!
I was wondering where you were!!! Gosh, do I understand feeling depressed!!! Let Mario give you one of his magic monkey kisses!!! They are guaranteed to help you feel better.

Donna and David :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-19-2006, 04:31 PM
MOFF, don't start!!! :D Yesterday I had to run out and buy an apple pie, and now you have my mouth watering for some cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream!!

I used to have that all of the time - haven't had it in years.

But Gini, at least it fairly healthy! I brought some Tiramisu! Yum! :D

RICHARD
04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
But Gini, at least it fairly healthy! I brought some Tiramisu! Yum! :D

MMMM! me me! I want one!

Can I change the drink for today?

Lemon Drop

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 sugar cube

Add sugar to the rim of an old-fashioned glass, and drop a cube or packet of sugar into the bottom of the glass. Pour vodka and lemon juice into a stainless steel shaker over ice, and shake until completely cold. Pour into the prepared old-fashioned glass, and serve.

I am cleaning out the BBQ so we can have a seafood spectacular tomorrow!

Yes we will have veggie burgers and plain old meat and ribs for the people who would like regular food...

Yes Mario,

You can skewer the the shrimp, go wash your hands...

Lady, Possum and the Blue Kitty can be on Dropped Food Patrol!

Orc,
grab a brush and start the bbq? Please?

slick
04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Lemon Drop
1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 sugar cube
That's not how Gini makes it..... :p :p ;)

Sounds good for tomorrow. Too bad I don't live on the East Coast...I could supply some lobster. However, I'll look forward to the ribs tomorrow. I guess I'll bring some bibs....and lots of napkins.... ;)

Lady's Human
04-19-2006, 07:30 PM
We used to have cantaloupe and vanilla ice cream all the time growing up, normally topped off with melba (raspberry) sauce.

Don't worry about the bailey's supply, I had the US shipment diverted straight to thursday's last week!

Just got back from a day wearing my pickle suit ,I'm beat, and a bailey's with just enough coffee to warm it up would REALLY hit the spot!

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
MMMM! me me! I want one!

Can I change the drink for today?

Lemon Drop

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 sugar cube

Add sugar to the rim of an old-fashioned glass, and drop a cube or packet of sugar into the bottom of the glass. Pour vodka and lemon juice into a stainless steel shaker over ice, and shake until completely cold. Pour into the prepared old-fashioned glass, and serve.

I am cleaning out the BBQ so we can have a seafood spectacular tomorrow!

Yes we will have veggie burgers and plain old meat and ribs for the people who would like regular food...

Yes Mario,

You can skewer the the shrimp, go wash your hands...

Lady, Possum and the Blue Kitty can be on Dropped Food Patrol!

Orc,
grab a brush and start the bbq? Please?

Is that MMM, for the Tiramisu or the Lemon Drop, and can I have one of those Lemon Drops too please? They sound very tasty. How about a nice salad or pasta salad for tomorrow? I'll bring the hot dog and hamburger buns too. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, since no one is here yet I'll open the bar. I have to put these salads in the fridge. I should but these hot dog and hamburger buns someplace safe too. A pot of coffee started and some freshly made pumpkin muffins. Let's see I wonder if someone is going to bring plates and utensils or if there are some here in the bar somewhere? :confused:

lbaker
04-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Paper plates and utensils are hidden in an upper cabinet. A certain hairy patron likes to make funny hats and lewd costumes from them (no Richard, I don't mean you :rolleyes: ). Slick, shall I bring some fresh lobster along with my jumbo lump crab meat in July? Hi everybody, just gonna say this once before I get LES, you guys are the greatest :cool: ;)

slick
04-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Just checking in while I gulp down my lunch.

Laurie: There is a parteee going on here....no LES allowed!! ;) ...and yes, lobster and crab cakes at Gini's. MMMMMMM

Sorry I can't stay long today. I'm doing the job of two people so I'm scrambling! No Mario, no eggs.... :rolleyes:

I'm grabbing a DOTD to go and will try to check in later.

gini
04-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey, this place should be packed with people celebrating our Third Anniversary.

Maybe after work they will show up.

Okie Dokie...........who wants to trade one large slice of apple pie with cheddar cheese AND a half a cantaloupe filled with ice cream FOR
a lobster?

A lemon drop? (Richard, what a lousy recipe - no sugar allowed) Ya know, it really is just a tad too early for me to even think about one of those.

I think I will curl up with Lady and Mario and read for a while. Oh, you poor Baby Blue kitten - I hope that paint wears off soon.

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Paper plates and utensils are hidden in an upper cabinet. A certain hairy patron likes to make funny hats and lewd costumes from them (no Richard, I don't mean you :rolleyes: ). Slick, shall I bring some fresh lobster along with my jumbo lump crab meat in July? Hi everybody, just gonna say this once before I get LES, you guys are the greatest :cool: ;)

Thanks Laurie, now I just have to find a stepping stool, unless one of the taller lads shows up to get them down for me. :)

RICHARD
04-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Gotta get things cooking here!

Where is everyone?

I know that isn't the official LD recipe......Gini won't give it to me. :(

Anyway, Here's to three years of fun, sun and hamburger buns?

You all rock and it's always a pleasure to be at your service!!!

slick
04-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Gini won't give it to me.
I've got it. What's it worth to ya??? :D :D

RICHARD
04-20-2006, 07:24 PM
now I just have to find a stepping stool,

At first I thought you said "Step in Stool", every dog owner's nightmare...let me grab that for you...

Slick,

It's worth alot.....otherwise I have to go to her house! :eek:

gini
04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Slick,
It's worth alot.....otherwise I have to go to her house! :eek:

Slick, please, please JUST GIVE HIM THE RECIPE!!! :rolleyes: :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Am I too late for the party?

I've been trying to catch up with the guy who is going to haul the final load of junk off from the old house. Finally got him. He's only going to charge around $100. I am so relieved. I was afraid it would be around $500.

Now, if he just gets it hauled before the end of the month, I can kiss that place bye bye!!!

I'd love a hamburger and cherry v coke. I haven't had anything to eat since lunch time!!!

Party on dudes!!! and dudettes!!! :D

slick
04-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Slick, please, please JUST GIVE HIM THE RECIPE!!!
Well if I gave away our secrets, what would that leave us with???? ;)

Psssttttt.....a very special Thursday Girl has a purrrffday coming up....and I'm not telling who! :p We should just carry this week over until next week because there will be plenty of celebratin' to do. :D

MOFF: So glad that you can finally see the end of that shack. Have a seat and I'll get you that burger and CVC

Still at work gang but hopefully leaving soon. Got a real Lemon Drop waiting for me at home. :) Catch you all on the flip side.

Oggyflute
04-21-2006, 04:55 AM
G'day all,
Wow! applepie & ice cream, lobster, crab cakes, ribs, excuse while I have a real "Homer" moment. :D :p (When I stop drooling, I'll bring out a hot bread dip)

Better wash all this down with a Bailreys. :D

Oggyflute
04-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Er, I meant Baileys. (I've already had a few cotch & sokes) :D

lbaker
04-21-2006, 06:35 AM
:D :D Ready for a nap Trev? Well not until you bring out that yummy hot bread dip, wow.. I remember that. Gooooood :cool:

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-21-2006, 08:51 AM
At first I thought you said "Step in Stool", every dog owner's nightmare...let me grab that for you... :eek:

I know what you mean, now that Axel is walking around and the weather's nice I have to keep reminding Marylin to watch out for "landmines". Even though I clean up after Lady I always manage to miss one somewhere. :(

RICHARD
04-21-2006, 10:19 AM
FRIDAY!
Thank god it's Friday!

slick
04-21-2006, 10:43 AM
FRIDAY! Thank god it's Friday!
AMEN to that. I'll take a hot rum to go please. Happy Friday everyone! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Happy Friday everybody! I'm in a good mood because.....we're....on the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again. :D Only bad part is we had to leave the snots at home because I'll be flying home and Terry will follow driving the motorhome, so we're already missing them and it's only been 4 hours!

I'm still on coke for now, but get that slushie machine hot because I'll be ready for a few pitchers in a little while.

Can't celebrate 3 years of Thursdays without a slushie or two, can we? :D

Lady's Human
04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
A lady opens her refridgerator to find a rabbit sitting on the shelf.

What are you doing in there, she asked the rabbit.

The rabbit replied "This is a Westinghouse, isn't it?"

The womans answered Yes.

Well, said the rabbit, I'm Westing!

I'm going to duck the flying drinks and go make some slushies.

gini
04-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh, GEEEE EEEEEE!!! That's awful! :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't think I can groan loud enough for that, LOH. :D

Finally got out of an hour long traffic back up South of St. Louis, :rolleyes: so we're finally moving again....now if our A/C would just work..... :rolleyes:

I'm ready for all those slushies now. :D

slick
04-21-2006, 05:04 PM
ggrrroooaaaannnnnn
LH: That was bad.....really bad....... :D :D :D
Debbie: Happy and safe travels and please check in from time to time so we know you are OK. I refuse to call them "snots" so will just say that I'm sorry the furbabies had to stay home. Should have called me. I could catsit for you. :)

Hi to everyone else. Yes, I could really use a slushie or two right now. This week has been one of the most challenging weeks at work. Right now I'm ready to throw up my hands and quit. :( Yeah right, like that's gonna happen. Gotta get back to it.

Later.

RICHARD
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM

The womans answered Yes.

Which brings us to the 'double graoner'..

Why did the sailor salute the fridge every time he walked by?

Because it was an Admiral.... :rolleyes:

Slushies for everyone!!

DONE!

davidpizzica
04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Which brings us to the 'double graoner'..

Why did the sailor salute the fridge every time he walked by?

Because it was an Admiral.... :rolleyes:

Slushies for everyone!!

DONE!
OOH, RICHARD! That deserves a double GROAN! I'll join the slushie parade and I'll have a double one. Excuse the typing, it's tough to yty[e with one eye out of commission!

Lady's Human
04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Why did the soldier salute the car?
The tires were generals.

A quick refill on the slushies for everyone and then I'm ducking back under the bar. I'm taking a bottle of Bailey's with me!

Oggyflute
04-21-2006, 11:30 PM
'The God of War road out one night,
aboard a snow white filly,
"I'm Thor" he cried,
the horse replied,
"You forgot your thaddle thilly"

:D .................(ducks)..........Just a beer thanks barkeep...............(ducks again..............

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-22-2006, 08:40 AM

The womans answered Yes.

I know someone is going to say this is my fault since I'm married to him and I could have stopped him from starting this whole mess but by the time I saw what he was doing it was too late. :( :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-22-2006, 08:45 AM
'The God of War road out one night,
aboard a snow white filly,
"I'm Thor" he cried,
the horse replied,
"You forgot your thaddle thilly"

:D .................(ducks)..........Just a beer thanks barkeep...............(ducks again..............

Now that was just plain thilly. :p

Can I have some of that Bailey's or is LH hogging it behind the bar? LH you better come out soon and face the music because Lady is looking for you.

lbaker
04-22-2006, 04:26 PM
".. I never saw a purple cow, i never hope to see one. but if i see a purple cow, i'd rather see than be one."

:confused: I kinda got into the middle of this but somehow it seemed right ;)

Some strange person sent me purple peeps, stale, in the mail ... yep, seems appropro ~

momoffuzzyfaces
04-22-2006, 04:46 PM
:D Laurie, we always said:
I never saw a purple cow.
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you any how,
I'd rather see than be one.

I'm not real sure if that's right either - it's just our version. ;)

How about:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck,
if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :eek: :D

Karen
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :eek: :D [/b][/color]

A wood chuck would chuck all that he could chuck!
Stay oughta the way, or you'll hafta duck while the woodchuck chucks!

Corinna
04-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Howdy every one. Sorry I've been gone work it sure takes the time away from pt. how about a DLC please? who's purple cow is this? Looks like the figurine my mom had when I was a kid loved that rhyme first one my grand father taught me.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Howdy every one. Sorry I've been gone work it sure takes the time away from pt. how about a DLC please? who's purple cow is this? Looks like the figurine my mom had when I was a kid loved that rhyme first one my grand father taught me.
Oh, my gosh! We had a purple cow figurine when I was a kid too. It had the poem on a little card around it's neck. I loved that thing. It got broken a long long time ago!!!

Are a woodchuck, and a groundhog the same critter? :confused: :)

Karen
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Are a woodchuck, and a groundhog the same critter? :confused: :) [/b][/color]

Yes.

slick
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :eek: :D Around my neck of the woods we'd answer with:

A woodchuck could chuck
Just as much wood
As a woodchuck could chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

:D

My Dad (RIP) always used to sing:

Mr. Mosquito he fly high
Mosquito he fly low
Mr. Mosquito gonna land on me
He ain't gonna fly no mo!!

Oh it ain't gonna rain no rain no mo
It ain't gonna rain no mo
How in the heck can I wash my neck
If it ain't gonna rain no mo!!

Sorry, it's the cold meds I'm on.. :o ..don't you just love drugs?? :p :cool: :D

One big hot rum for me please.

Kfamr
04-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Haven't stopped by in a while....

Mom and I are making a pot of ham & bean soup from our leftover Easter ham... not done yet, but tomorrow everyone's welcome to a bowl or two!

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-22-2006, 10:17 PM
:D
How about:

if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :eek: :D

The response I learned was:

Not much wood could a woodchuck chuck
cause a woodchuck can't chuck wood.

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey, can I get a irish coffee? Where is everybody? I made a nice ham and cheese quiche with my leftover easter ham. Any takers? :D

Corinna
04-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Ok I never thought I wouldd as an grownup(?) would recall this one.
Ooy gooey was a worm ,
a mighty worm was he,
crawled upon the railroad tracks ,the train he dd not see.
Ooy gooey!!!

Oggyflute
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Wouldn't mind a bowl of your ham & bean soup Kay. :)
I'd better have something strong to drink, escpecially if I'm going to listem to these poems all afternoon. :D (I'd swear I was at Poet's Corner :D )

lbaker
04-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Ham & bean soup with corn fritters and goofy poems. Ogden Nash and Shel Silverstein look out!! :eek: :D

"Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
HowI wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle--

Lady's Human
04-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Mary had a little lamb,
his fleece was black as soot

and everywhere that Mary went

His sooty foot he put!

Irish coffee's all around, with flexoril chasers for some of us.

If I could just teach Orc and Lady how to work on cars.......

RedHedd
04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Some strange person sent me purple peeps, stale, in the mail ... yep, seems appropro ~ Gee, I wonder who that could possibly be - shall we send the A&P investigators out your way? :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-23-2006, 12:25 PM
A peanut sat on the railroad track
His heart was all a flutter
Around the bend came number 10
Toot! Toot!
Peanut butter!!! :eek: :D

Grabbing a cherry limeade. Mario stop throwing cherries at me!!! :D

slick
04-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh MOFF, I completely forgot about that one. My Dad used to sing that as well. :D :D :D

The weather here today is 70.....yeah!!! Slushie weather.......I'll take a double please. Just about to start my housework for the afternoon so I need some inspiration. Guess what's playing on my radio now....

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody, sing!

:D :D

Later.

davidpizzica
04-23-2006, 03:36 PM
RICHARD, may I have a double slushie? Can't wait to hear what the eye surgeon says.

lbaker
04-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, I just finished chatting with Slick and.. guess what, we started talking about food :rolleyes: imagine that sports fans. Enny who, she asked about biscuits and gravy and just what kind of gravy does one make etc. etc. I mentioned a cream gravy rather like the kind used for SOS. For breakfast. Over toast or English muffins?? She goes "huh? :confused: " Poor depraved, deprived Slick has never had SOS :eek: Soft shell crabs are making their way up the Bay so I'm setting my cap for some wonderful seafood in the next several weeks :cool: Allow me to make you some tea and honey for your cold Slick, a teaspoon of rum or brandy will help you sleep tonight ;) G'day all!

lbaker
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh, one little beddy bye poem ~ speaking of Admirals and Westinghouses ;)

Some pointers point at foxes.
Some pointers point at hares.
Some pointers point at pheasants.
Mine points at Frigidaires.

:p

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Ok I never thought I wouldd as an grownup(?) would recall this one.
Ooy gooey was a worm ,
a mighty worm was he,
crawled upon the railroad tracks ,the train he dd not see.
Ooy gooey!!!

How about,

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy was he?

slick
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
:D :D :D Oh Laurie, you've got me in stitches again......

LOH: I remember that. :D :D

Now that I've been properly edumacated as to what an SOS is, I think I'll try some along with a big lemon drop.

Lady's Human
04-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Sausage and omelettes are available at the grille for a small fee......

As well as all the Irish coffee and slushies you could want!

Being that someone brought up the term "Oriental" in another thread......

Occident is west, or opposite of Orient.

If an Englishman was a visiting Tokyo, would he not then be "The Occidental Tourist"?

(Lady, come on let's run back under the bar) :p

smokey the elder
04-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Let's see...

Birdie, birdie, in the sky
Drop some whitewash in my eye.
I won't groan and I won't cry,
I'm just glad that cows don't fly!

and..

Spider, spider, on the wall
Have you got no sense at all?
Can't you see that wall is plastered?
Can't you see that, you little...spider?

smokey the elder
04-24-2006, 10:47 AM
..and let's not forget that Wisconsin landmark, the Heiny Winery, with Thor and Red Heiny, props.

zippy-kat
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
STE reminded me of one that Dad taught me when I was little (much to Mom's chargrin of course!):

God made man
Man made money.
God made bees
Bees made honey.
God made a little rabbit to run very fast,
God made a little dog to catch him by the ... tail.

He also (secretly) taught me this one *right* before Mom and I boarded the plane to go visit Gma/Gpa (I think I was 5 or 6):

Great big gobs of
Juicy grimey gopher guts,
Chopped up little birdies' feet,
Cupilated monkey's meat,
MMMmmm MMMmmm
Too bad I forgot my spooooonnn.

Mom had a "lovely" conversation with Dad after we arrived. :D

smokey the elder
04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
I think it's the father's job to provide the gross songs...or the big brother's. :D

RICHARD
04-25-2006, 06:40 PM
hi guys,

I not a good month at work, I need help.

There was a poem/limerick about an ice skater skating on thin ice.
and I just know the last line....

Her silly *

IT's more a visual poem than anything...

Sorry I haven't been able to stop in lately. :(

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
STE reminded me of one that Dad taught me when I was little (much to Mom's chargrin of course!):

God made man
Man made money.
God made bees
Bees made honey.
God made a little rabbit to run very fast,
God made a little dog to catch him by the ... tail.

He also (secretly) taught me this one *right* before Mom and I boarded the plane to go visit Gma/Gpa (I think I was 5 or 6):

Great big gobs of
Juicy grimey gopher guts,
Chopped up little birdies' feet,
Cupilated monkey's meat,
MMMmmm MMMmmm
Too bad I forgot my spooooonnn.

Mom had a "lovely" conversation with Dad after we arrived. :D

I know the second one a little differently:

Great big gobs of
Greasy, grimey gopher guts,
Mutilated monkey meat,
Concentrated birdy feet
French fried eyeballs
Floating in a pool of blood
Oops, I forgot my spoon
Aren't you glad I brought a straw? slurrrrpp!

gini
04-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I know the second one a little differently:

Great big gobs of
Greasy, grimey gopher guts,
Mutilated monkey meat,
Concentrated birdy feet
French fried eyeballs
Floating in a pool of blood
Oops, I forgot my spoon
Aren't you glad I brought a straw? slurrrrpp!

Well, I for one, am certainly glad that you could provide another version - YUCK! :D :D :D

Karen
04-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey, I know a really gross one - not taught to me by my dad or brother, but I, being the evil person I am, once taught it to the annoying 12-year-old brother of an annoying guy (Glen) my friend was dating. It worked, Glen's brother sang it over, and over, and over ad nauseum!

To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean"
(learned from a pastor at a church camp)
[apologies to anyone with a weak stomach, or a loved one with TB]

My sister has tuberculosis
My sister has only one lung
She throws up her blood in convulsions,
And dries it and chews it for gum.

Chorus:
Come up, come up
Come up my supper come up, come up!
Come up, come up
Come up my supper come up!

(And, by the way, my sister is fine, does not have TB, and is in no way associated with this song.)

There. Arentcha glad little kids aren't allowed in Thursdays??

momoffuzzyfaces
04-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Now You've done it! Mario is hiding because of the mutalated monkey meat thingy!!! :eek:

gini
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM

Uhh, but I think they are - because dems us!!!

I am trying to remember one that I taught my younger brother - and it ends with "I burped"...............so you can imagine what comes before it.

I will have to ask him - because he used to say it over and over and then just crack up. It used to drive my step-mother crazy and especially since I taught it to him. I just can't remember how it went.

zippy-kat
04-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Uhh, but I think they are - because dems us!!!

I am trying to remember one that I taught my younger brother - and it ends with "I burped"...............so you can imagine what comes before it.

I will have to ask him - because he used to say it over and over and then just crack up. It used to drive my step-mother crazy and especially since I taught it to him. I just can't remember how it went.

Was it Herman the Worm?

I was sittin' on the fence just chewin' my bubble gum
chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp
Playin' with my yo-yo
do-wop, do-wop

And along came herman the worm.
And he was thiiiiiiisss big (show with hands, start small and as song repeats continually get bigger)
And I said, "Herman? Whaaaat happened?"
And he said I ate a ____ (start with bug and as song repeats, continually get bigger)

Repeat (until hands are as far apart as you get them) then:

I was sittin' on the fence just chewin' my bubble gum
chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp
Playin' with my yo-yo
do-wop, do-wop

And along came herman the worm.
And he was thiiiiiiisss big (make smallest gesture possible)
And I said, "Herman? Whaaaat happened?"
And he said, "I burped!"

gini
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh, let me jump up and down and then run over and give you a big kiss!

THAT IS IT!!! I was going to Google it this evening, and now I don't have to.
Do you know that I actually called my brother in Boston and HE was going to call me because he was trying to repeat it to his girls and he couldn't remember either.

Now we both know - and we can contaminate my nieces too!! However, my sis in law has a good sense of humor so she will chime right in on this one. I used to give Herman a real wacky voice too - that's the part that made him laugh.

That calls for a ROUND of drinks for EVERYONE - JUST PLEASE DON'T BURP!!! :D :D :D

slick
04-26-2006, 09:57 PM
OMD, is this thread going to carry on all week?? Why not, eh?

Zippy, I remember that one. I also remember....

Here comes the bride
Short, fat and wide
Stepped on a banana peel
and went for a great ride.

Well, not as good as your Zip, but I tried. I'm durn thirsty and hungry. What's to eat around here???

**sniff**
Is that birthday cake I smell???? ;) :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey, I know a really gross one - not taught to me by my dad or brother, but I, being the evil person I am, once taught it to the annoying 12-year-old brother of an annoying guy (Glen) my friend was dating. It worked, Glen's brother sang it over, and over, and over ad nauseum!

To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean"
(learned from a pastor at a church camp)
[apologies to anyone with a weak stomach, or a loved one with TB]

My sister has tuberculosis
My sister has only one lung
She throws up her blood in convulsions,
And dries it and chews it for gum.

Chorus:
Come up, come up
Come up my supper come up, come up!
Come up, come up
Come up my supper come up!

(And, by the way, my sister is fine, does not have TB, and is in no way associated with this song.)

Eeeeeeewwwwww! Karen I didn't know you could be so disgusting! I thought you were such a quiet innocent SIL.

Lady'sOtherHuman
04-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Now You've done it! Mario is hiding because of the mutalated monkey meat thingy!!! :eek:

Sorry, Mario. It was just a song. Here have some more cherries. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2006, 04:17 PM
GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT???

THE NEXT ROUND IS ON ME!!!

WHY???

BECAUSE TOMORROW I WILL BE DONE WITH THE OLD HOUSE FOR GOOD!!!!!!!

THEY FINALLY PICKED THE JUNK UP TODAY!!!

Tomorrow morning I have a doctor's appointment (yep blood pressure again) then I can go get the few things left there: paper towels, trash bags etc, and mail the keys to the landlady. (I don't want to even see her again)

Then I can spend my days unpacking and doing what I want.
CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D :D :D :D

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!!!
I'M CONFUSED!!!! :confused:
SHOULDN'T THIS BE THURSDAY'S 157 NOW??? :confused: