PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS should be in the news

buttercup132
04-16-2006, 09:36 PM
I was talking with a naighbour last night and theres two Great Danes that live near me both under a year I think or at least one is. Well the youngest one was at a dog park and there was a lady with her dog who I guess was dog agressive and she still let it off the leash and it attacked the Great Dane he had to get 6 stiches and has tubes sticking out of him. Ya and can you guess what kind of dog it was? The sweet perfect family dog Golden Retriver. Not at all trying to give them a bad rap but if only the media would put THAT in the news and say Pits arent so bad seeing as any dam dog can turn.:mad:

luvofallhorses
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
:( I hope that Dane will be okay..:( yep, ANY dog can be aggressive. My dogs are food aggressive.. :rolleyes: but I don't think they'd ever turn on us. :)

buttercup132
04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
The vet said he'd be ok he's just a pup still(but huge) he got bit right infront of his hip line thank god it didnt get his hip we all know how Danes and their hips are:(

dab_20
04-16-2006, 10:08 PM
That's sad... hope the big guy will be ok.

IRescue452
04-17-2006, 09:51 AM
You should send an email to the local news and see if they'll make a story of it.

cocker_luva
04-17-2006, 10:39 AM
in my own personal preference (no offence to anyone!) i will not let any labs or goldens near my kids (when i have them ;) ) i have been lunged at, threatened or bitten by WAY too many too often.

K9soul
04-17-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think any breed should be mentioned. Reverse breedism doesn't make anything right. I see a lot of that here and it frustrates me as much as breedism against pits and other 'dangerous' breeds. There are "bad" goldens and labs out there for the same reason that there are "bad" pits and rotties. I don't see any need to be so gleeful when speaking about the bad a golden or lab has done.

luvofallhorses
04-17-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't think any breed should be mentioned. Reverse breedism doesn't make anything right. I see a lot of that here and it frustrates me as much as breedism against pits and other 'dangerous' breeds. There are "bad" goldens and labs out there for the same reason that there are "bad" pits and rotties. I don't see any need to be so gleeful when speaking about the bad a golden or lab has done.

I agree. It's the owner's fault; not the dogs.

zoomer
04-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh no :( I hope the poor thing is all right! I learned that any dog can be a killer in an attack, not just pits.

Alysser
04-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Well said, K9soul. IMO, it's just like pit breedism.

Vela
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah I truly don't understand why some feel "happy" when it's NOT an "aggressive" breed that does something. That makes no sense. Goldens and labs are no more prone to biting than pits or rotties. It almost entirely depends on the owner, rarely though problems with temperament happen, but that is true for any breed. I just think it's odd to act almost gleeful when it's a different breed that does it. I don't think any breed is a bad breed if handled properly by a responsible owner.

dab_20
04-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah I truly don't understand why some feel "happy" when it's NOT an "aggressive" breed that does something. That makes no sense. Goldens and labs are no more prone to biting than pits or rotties. It almost entirely depends on the owner, rarely though problems with temperament happen, but that is true for any breed. I just think it's odd to act almost gleeful when it's a different breed that does it. I don't think any breed is a bad breed if handled properly by a responsible owner.

Well said.