PDA

View Full Version : Hotbunking, "heaterorites" and the Cyclops?

RICHARD
04-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I have been investigating a phenomenon for the last week.

Since I found it, I get to name it!!

With the weather a little chilly outdoors lately there have there has been sightings of what I will call....
"heaterorites"..

Let's go to the beginning.

For the last week I have noticed the Edster sleeping rather closely to my pillows (He blends in so well with the whitle pillow cases I have to peer thru sleep encrusted eyes to really see where he is at.)

When I jump out of bed he strategically moves into the area I just vacated...

Cats really are too lazy to heat their own spaces.. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------

Hotbunking is a term used on submarines. With the limited space available for sleeping, the crew often share bunks .....when one sailor leave the mattress to go on duty another, coming off duty takes his place, whil the bed is still hot!

(Makes ya glad you don't have to share with anyone except a cat, eh?)

Anyway....The heaterorite lands, takes my place and I go off to shower, etc......

As I passed by the bed, I noticed another thing....The Cyclops..

It is the heaterorite opening one eye to watch me scurry about the area preparing to leave....Now the Cyclops eye is kinda like a "stink eye"..

Stink Eye = Could you possibly make more fricking noise while I work my way into that blissfull state known as a cat nap?

It's when he has his head buried in the pillow and opens one irritated eye to see what is going on....

---------------------------------------

Astute observation lets me know that this cat nap will last most of the day... :mad:

Yep, while I go to bring home the bacon.....MY son is at home sleeping...

typical dependent.... :confused:

Anyway.....I had to let all you know my findings and the name of the new natural phenomenon.

_---------------------------------

This all came about this morning-during my usual call to wake up....

As usual, I was struggling in a dream to move....I awoke, my arm pinned under a rather comotose white cat. As I struggled to get up the light bulb in my head went off....

I'll call it a HEATERORITE!!

I looked at Ed and told him I had to get this down on PT before the creative juices stopped flowing.

Ed, a little perturbed, gave me the Cyclops and I thought I heard him say,
"Stupid!! Those aren't creative juices flowing.....You are drooling on the pillow!" :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-16-2006, 11:18 AM
When I jump out of bed he strategically moves into the area I just vacated...

Cats really are too lazy to heat their own spaces.. :rolleyes:

What a perfect discription of a well-know "incident"!! It should be added to the Cat Furminology Dictionary!!

My Zazou is a perfect example of this behaviour too! Whenever I leave my couch, even for a quick "pit-stop", she installs herself on the warm spot. The look I get when I return to my couch is one like "Sorry, this place is TAKEN"

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/zaz14.jpg

catmandu
04-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I OFTEN FIND THAT HAPPENING RICHARD AS BEING A DIABETIC I HAVE TO HEAD NATURES CALL SEVERAL TIMES A NIGHT.
I COME HOME TO FIND THE KITTEN TRIO WHERE I WAS,AND I HAVE TO CONVINCE THEM TO MOVE OVER A BIT.
HAHAHA!!
FAT CHANCE POPS.
BUT THEY DO LIKE SUGGLING WITH THE ELDERS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture1683.jpg
MICHAELS LIKE A HOT WATER BOTTLE.