PDA

View Full Version : Hamster tumors... :(

ramanth
04-29-2002, 08:07 PM
I found yesterday on Minimus, two small marble sized tumors. :( He doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Is there anything I can do?

:(

AmberLee
04-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Oh my! I'm no expert on hamsters, but those sound very large. A buddy of mine at work just had three tumors excised from his senior female rat: there is a vet that specializes in rodents near here. How are your vets on rodent work there?

Good luck!

Logan
04-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Gosh, Kimmy, I have no idea. You might check around and contact a small animal veterinarian in your area. I never have used one, but I'm looking for one right now, just in case the birds need to go. Marble sized tumors on a little hamster sound "huge". I hope you can get some answers.

Logan

ramanth
04-29-2002, 08:38 PM
He's a dwarf hamster and I'm not sure if they could use anesthic on something that small.

A few of the vets around Lansing that I looked up say small animal, but talk about ferrets and bunnies.

I guess I could call them tomorrow from work. It can't hurt. Wasn't sure if any of the other hamster owners out there have gone thru the same situation...

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2002, 08:48 PM
I don't know exactly where in Michigan Eaton Rapids is, but I know there is a good "pocket pet" vet in Bowling Green, Ohio. (About 1 1/2 hrs. south of Detroit). My friend takes her guinea pigs to him. Maybe if you aren't able to find a vet up there, he could recommened one closer to you then he is? I will get his number at work tomorrow, just in case.

ramanth
04-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Thanks Cincy's mom. I'm about 2 hours from Detroit. About 5 hours from Columbus, OH.

Cincy'sMom
05-01-2002, 08:03 PM
I am so sorry, I forgot to ask her...I will write my self a note right now and get the number tomorrow... I am so sorry I forgot about this!!!!