PDA

View Full Version : I'm a great dane NOT a dalmatian!!!

lute
04-15-2006, 05:44 PM
to us it's silly to think that a harl great dane could be mistaken for a dalmatian. but believe it or not it happends. when i had Jake everyone said "what a pretty dal!" "this is a dal right?"

i found this web page that explains the differances. dal or dane? (http://www.6stardanes.com/danedal.html)

buttercup132
04-15-2006, 05:54 PM
BAHAHAHA wow whats gives it away maybe the HUGE size difference...or maybe it's the different everything:rolleyes: lol

sammy101
04-15-2006, 06:04 PM
lol. they look so different,i dont know how people could say a great dane looks like a dalmatian.especially size.

Alysser
04-15-2006, 06:06 PM
I personally don't see how people can mix the two up.

jenluckenbach
04-15-2006, 06:11 PM
If you think THAT is funny, when I was young I had a goat as a pet. I used to walk the goat around on a leash. I will never forget the time I was asked "What breed of dog is that?" (My goat had 14 inch long HORNS) :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Alysser
04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
If you think THAT is funny, when I was young I had a goat as a pet. I used to walk the goat around on a leash. I will never forget the time I was asked "What breed of dog is that?" (My goat had 14 inch long HORNS) :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:
:eek: Are you kidding???? :confused:

jenluckenbach
04-15-2006, 06:16 PM
:eek: Are you kidding???? :confused:
NOPE! It is the honest truth.

BCollie_Kelly
04-15-2006, 06:17 PM
wow, I can't believe people mix the two breeds up...

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Believe it or not, tons of people have asked me if Bailey is a Dalmatian. He is a merle Great Dane! :p I have also had people ask if he is a Rottweiler, Pit Bull, Blue Heeler... :rolleyes:

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't understand that at all. Dals and Danes look absolutely nothing alike in my opinion.

Alysser
04-15-2006, 06:44 PM
OMG! That's scares me a little. :p

lute
04-15-2006, 07:03 PM
OMG! that's hillarious!!! :D :D :D

k9krazee
04-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow, getting Dals and Danes confused...I really don't understand, lol!

:eek: Thats hilarious!!! :D

Vela
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
I was once asked if Cracker was a Dalmatian/Golden Retriever mix....I was like umm....nooo...where do you get the Golden Retriver part?????

lute
04-15-2006, 08:22 PM
I was once asked if Cracker was a Dalmatian/Golden Retriever mix....I was like umm....nooo...where do you get the Golden Retriver part?????
golden retriever?!?!HAHA!!!

dab_20
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Woah.... some of those people out there really need their eyes checked!!

Karen
04-15-2006, 09:51 PM
At least when we correct people, they learn that just because a dog has spots, doesn't mean it's a Dalmatian. I know someone with a purebred Pointer who used to have to correct people who thought she was a dalmation, and another person I knew who had a German Shorthaired Pointer who got asked if she was part Dalmatian. Hello? Brown head, completely different shaped head, body, and brown spots, and still people thought Dalmatian??

That's what happens when people's only exposure to dog breeds are Disney movies - every spotty dog must be a Dalmation, and every long-coated dog must be Lassie ...

I knew a woman who had two Collies, one a Rough-Coated sable, and one a blue merle Smooth-Coat, and people who constantly say "Oh, you have a Lassie dog! And what kinda mix is that other mutt?"

Ah, well, educate, educate, educate!

king2005
04-15-2006, 09:58 PM
OMG I'm laughing my head off, HAHAHA, The goat one was TOO funny! HAHAHA

People use to think my bunny was a cat! She was tied to the dog & was HOPPING & had long skinny ears, a fluffy tail & well, NOT a cat hehehe

My belly hurts fom laughing so hard!

dab_20
04-15-2006, 10:05 PM
lol... Sometimes people will ask me if Sam is a Springer Spaniel... and one time someone asked me if he is some sort of long coated dalmation!!

king2005
04-15-2006, 10:09 PM
OH I almost forgot!

1 couple thought Axle was a cat :eek:

FOr those of you who don't know who Axle is, hes a Common Snapping Turtle. Hes so friendly I can pet, nose kiss & he'll lay on my lap in the sun.

jesse_3
04-15-2006, 11:55 PM
LOL!! The goat mistakened for a dog, a turtle mistakened for a cat!?! What the heck. How can you get dog breeds mixed up so much! Someone once asked me if Jesse was a pittie! Another person has asked if she is a BC too. It is insane with what some people come up with!

Steph, Jes, and Jemi'

Alysser
04-16-2006, 12:04 AM
A pitbull?? With long hair?? :confused: lol. Sassy once got mistaken for a chi lol.

king2005
04-16-2006, 12:09 AM
If I don't know the breed of a dog I ask & in most cases its a Mutt hehe

lute
04-19-2006, 07:16 PM
At least when we correct people, they learn that just because a dog has spots, doesn't mean it's a Dalmatian. I know someone with a purebred Pointer who used to have to correct people who thought she was a dalmation, and another person I knew who had a German Shorthaired Pointer who got asked if she was part Dalmatian. Hello? Brown head, completely different shaped head, body, and brown spots, and still people thought Dalmatian??

That's what happens when people's only exposure to dog breeds are Disney movies - every spotty dog must be a Dalmation, and every long-coated dog must be Lassie ...

I knew a woman who had two Collies, one a Rough-Coated sable, and one a blue merle Smooth-Coat, and people who constantly say "Oh, you have a Lassie dog! And what kinda mix is that other mutt?"

Ah, well, educate, educate, educate!
i actually like correcting people. i know they are leaving me flowing with info...probable more than they actually wanted to know. :p

Key
04-19-2006, 10:19 PM
That is too funny! LOL! How do you mistake a turtle for a cat??

I had someone mistake my rats for ferrets once... I guess that could happen? :eek:

wolfsoul
04-19-2006, 10:41 PM
People always mistake Visa's breed too lol. I've been asked if she is a wolf quite often. The weirdest ones I've been asked so far were flat-coated retriever and lab...