PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Thunder

fritz03
04-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Fritz got scared on Thursday because of thunder and lightning.He got under the couch where dad sits and stayed there for 2 hours.I finally tried to get him out but all he did was growl.Dad finally got him put by going upstairs for a snack and ringing the back doorbell.We had thunder and lightning again early this morning and this time it didn't bother as he was in his cage sleeping and it was a sort of protection.The last three mornings either dad or me have to hold his dish of porridge so he can eat it,he won't do it any other way.We went out to supper tonight and brought back some chicken fingers which mom mixed in with his food and he ate it.After eating that,he was so full,he got under the couch to snooze.Got up a few minutes ago and wanted water,so he had a drink and now is back under the couch.Tomorrow,my sister and her husband plus Taffy are coming for Easter dinner and probably she wil get right at the table and Fritz will be out and probably stay out of the way.Everybody here have a great Easter and Dinner tomorrow. :D

Daisy and Delilah
04-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Awwwww!! Our poor little man was scared of the storm. You know we have the same problem Fritz. We understand completely. Have a great Easter tomorrow Barry, Fritz, and Family. We think you should jump right in there next to Taffy Fritzie ;)

Misty_Pearl
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I have one that is slightly scared of storms. I have a friend who has one that is VERY scared of storms. In fact Cloe(friends dog) even loses control of bowels. At Pearls class the trainer used a tape of recorded thunderstorms and while the dogs were playing increased the sound over time until it was really booming. She thinks a positive experience during the thunderstorm lessens the anxiety. Also she says that coddeling them can actually make them more scared of the thunderstorms. We havn't had one where I can try this theory out on Misty. But I think it's definately worth trying.

elizabethann
04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Poor Fritz. Fenway knows exactly how you feel. When he hears thunder or gun shots (from people either doing target practice or hunting around here), he shakes like a leaf and comes and sits next to me. Thunder can be scarey.

Have a nice Easter! I'm taking my Mom and Fenway to the beach for Easter.

:D