PDA

View Full Version : I just bought me...

LeahMM
04-15-2006, 09:48 AM
A Deluxe Doggie Dooley Pet Waste Disposal System. Does anyone else have one? Need feedback.

dab_20
04-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Wow thats quite the name! lol... never heard of it.

LeahMM
04-15-2006, 09:54 AM
It's supposedly a mini septic system for dog waste. As you can imagine, 5 dogs can produce alot in one week and I'm tired of tossing it into the woods behind my property. Come summertime it will get pretty stinky.

Vela
04-15-2006, 10:33 AM
The only thing to be careful of is that you don't bury it in any hard soil, like clay, and temperatures. I was going to buy one but found out my yard is pretty much clay and our temperature ranges fall outside of what "works" with it too often to make it worthwhile for myself. I only have two dogs though so it's not as hard for me hehe. I have heard they work great though as long as you are careful to use enough enzyme and make sure you put it in a well drained place.

LeahMM
04-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks Vela. We live on very loose, fertile, and rocky soil so drainage is not a problem. Our home is on a septic system as well. I know what you mean by clay. I had very hard soil when I lived in the city so this unit would definately not have worked.

Kfamr
04-15-2006, 11:07 AM
We have one! :)

We got it for free as it was a part of a class Biology project back in Highschool. Our class got a grant and bought a bunch of them and put them in various places. Since I have 3 dogs, my teacher gave us one too.

Works well! There's no smell whatsoever as long as the lid stays closed.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I've heard of them... not to sure how it works, though?

lute
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
i've seen those before. i was going to buy one, but it like only works in certain temps and it gets too cold where i live.

LuvGold00
04-16-2006, 12:01 AM
I have one! Had it about 2 years, still haven't set it up! LOL :)

LeahMM
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM
I have one! Had it about 2 years, still haven't set it up! LOL :)

LMAO Sounds like half of the stuff hubs and I have to do that we geared up on. This one though, I will do myself if it busts my butt.