PDA

View Full Version : Urine Odor!! Help!!

shawsdanes
04-15-2006, 08:40 AM
My husband and I just recently got a house built this last winter. We had the salt bags for the softener stacked in the garage over the winter. Well the mice built a nest behind the bags between the bags and drywall. We found the nest a few weeks ago and my husband eliminated it. Now we have this awful urine/poop smell where the nest was. We tried bleach, viniger, 409, many household cleaner. We just can't get rid of the smell. Does anyone have any ideas? :(

moosmom
04-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Nature's Miracle is sold in all pet stores and definitely works! I've used it on my old bed when Casey (RB 2002) had a UTI.

Another great product is NokOut, which can be found on www.nokout.com

I bought a gallon of this stuff and use it on everything. I have it full strength in a spray bottle. It's wonderful. I'll even use it on my cat's bedding.

Craftlady
04-15-2006, 09:01 AM
I would of tried everything you did to get the smell out.
Normally vinegar/water or bleach/water would get the smell eliminated.
I dont think a pet product made for cats/dogs would help but it's worth a try. If all else fails I would call a pest control company see what they recommend.

Catty1
04-15-2006, 09:17 AM
The ones MoosMom mentioned - a friend of mine used the first one, and it worked fantastically.

She has a mom and daughter cat - couldn't afford to get them spayed for years(even with low cost S/N) - and the daughter, it turned out, had peed EVERYWHERE - my friend pulled up the carpeting and was ASTOUNDED. She used Nature's Miracle. Her landlord had had odor complaints from other tenants and had told her to get rid of the cats. She was heartbroken!

The cats are still there - the place is clean and odor-free - and a friend of hers sent $1,000 out of the blue, so mom and daughter are spayed! Daughter has diabetes now, but is doing just fine.

These cleaners contain enzymes that actually "eat" the odor-causing elements.

Give it a go!

Catty1

shawsdanes
04-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks everyone! I will purchase some Nature's Miracle this weekend and give it a try. I am willing to try anything.