PDA

View Full Version : Winter's back!

Glacier
04-14-2006, 05:17 PM
It was starting to look like spring around here until this morning. This is what we woke up to!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/snowyard.jpg
Six inches of heavy, wet snow! It's still coming down and we are supposed to get quite a bit more over the next 24 hours! This pic is my front yard
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/yardapril14.jpg
Looking the other direction in the yard.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/trucksnow.jpg
My truck covered in snow! I should have parked in the garage last night!

It is going to be a muddy mess when all this melts! The yard was already pretty mucky in some spots!

RedHedd
04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
:( Still not Spring here either although we've had one or two "teaser" days, but it's going to rain again for the Easter weekend. San Francisco is now being referred to as Seattle South. I'm just tired of it as I'm sure you're tired of the snow.

slleipnir
04-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Ewww!! It's just starting to get nice here, too. I would be very upset to wake up to that this time of year :(

Uabassoon
04-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm jealous! We've been in the 90s for the last three days. I want winter to come back.

Glacier
04-14-2006, 05:23 PM
:( Still not Spring here either although we've had one or two "teaser" days, but it's going to rain again for the Easter weekend. San Francisco is now being referred to as Seattle South. I'm just tired of it as I'm sure you're tired of the snow.

I never get tired of snow. I hate the mud that follows it this time of year though.

I can't handle lots of rain. I find it terribly depressing when it's grey all the time! Hope you get some sun soon!

Daisy and Delilah
04-14-2006, 06:01 PM
WOW WOW WOW!!! What great pics! We love the snow. I know you were thrilled to see that Tamara ;) It's in the high 80's to low 90's here and it's already reeking of summer :( Wouldn't we love to be there in the Yukon! :)

dukedogsmom
04-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Color me jealous, too! I know you must tire of it just like we tire of the heat. Want to trade places? It's just beautiful. I would love to be in front of your wood stove snuggling with one of your many dogs.

Logan
04-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Snow and cold temps would be devastating to us, at this point, since "spring has sprung" in SC now. It was 85 today!!! :eek: I do wish we would get some rain, though. It is terribly dry and windy, with low humidity. We need rain so badly. Seems like we could all find a happy medium, doesn't it??

But, your snow is beautiful, even if it was a bit unwelcome.

Logan

GoldenLuv
04-14-2006, 10:00 PM
OMG look at that nasty white pooo

QUICK bring the dog's inside and snuggle with them

you poor thing it was 75 n BEAUITFUL here today

poofy
04-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm jealous! We've been in the 90s for the last three days. I want winter to come back.

oHHHHHHHH ME TO.....

cloverfdx
04-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Just gorgeous Tamara :D, enjoy. Bet the dogs are happy to see more of the white stuff ;). Great photos aswell.

Glacier
04-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I was playing with the macro mode on my camera yesterday:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/scenery06/snowclose.jpg
The trees are heavy with snow again!

RedHedd
04-15-2006, 04:40 PM
I do wish we would get some rain, though. It is terribly dry and windy, with low humidity. We need rain so badly. I'll send you some of ours! We've had more than enough and it hasn't stopped yet! :)

EDIT: WOw! :eek: Beautiful pics in macro mode!

Lizzie
04-16-2006, 01:54 AM
I hate snow because I can't garden, as I can in almost all other kinds of weather, and I can't walk really fast. We are back to dark grey skies and plenty of rain in the Seattle area, and I love it. I don't want it to warm up too quickly. It's invigorating to work outside in this weather and lovely to come inside and be cosy with hot tea and warm cats.

That picture of a pine tree with snow is well done. I feel as though I can reach out and touch that drop of ice.