PDA

View Full Version : Pet therapy at the office

momcat
04-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I work for the New Jersey State Office of Child Support Services and it's a pressure cooker on a slow day (and we don't get many of them). Well, late this morning I was helping a co-worker with some legal research when another co-workker came and said, "Come on, you have to see this!" Out in the courtyard the friend of yet another co-worker brought 7 absolutely adorable five week old puppies for a visit. There were several of us out there. For about an hour our work was forgotten as we held them, played with them, passed them around, and of course fell in love with them. Their little tails were wagging furiously the whole time as they were passed around and petted. And they were very generous with their puppy kisses. They were 6 boys and 1 girl, out of the seven, four were spoken for and will have great furever homes when the babies are ready to be adopted! As we went back inside, all of us were smiling and more relaxed than if we had two weeks off. Each one of the babies was happy, very well cared for, and surprisingly sociable. If only a pet therapy break could become a regular event..... it did WONDERS for those of us that went out to see them!!!!!

catmandu
04-13-2006, 06:27 PM
That reminds me of the Time a Young Fellow where I worked found a Box with 6 Kittens in it.
My Friend adopted one Dennis,who like Lorraines Willy has grown to be One Magnificent Cat.
I wish to this day,that I had adopted that Mother Cat,as she was PTS.
I still feel badly about that.

moosmom
04-13-2006, 06:49 PM
I would LOOOOVE pet therapy at work. Unfortunately, I doubt my employers would agree to it. :( Besides, I'd NEVER get anything done!!! :p

Me and MooShoo have done pet therapy at an assisted living place in Hartford. We enjoy it so much!

kb2yjx
04-13-2006, 07:18 PM
On the way to a pet therapy visit with Spunky, I had to stop at the bank. So I brought Spunky(in his carrier)inside the bank. Everyone stopped, so I took him out of the carrier. One hour later, we left the bank. There sure we alot of happy people that day. He was an exceptional therapy cat!!! I miss him terribly...

icedtea
04-14-2006, 02:14 AM
pet therapy does wonders! that is so cool!