PDA

View Full Version : Update on abuse case...

Glacier
04-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Check out our local paper today:
http://www.whitehorsestar.com/
The front page is about the dog who was dragged a couple weeks ago. Animal control knew Nitron's original owner. There had been several noise complaints--he's young and likes to bark. He was given away not long before this crap happened! They let the first owner know what had happened and he immediately went and got his dog back! We've exchanged information through the AC officer and it sounds like Nitron will be safe, happy and loved. The people really never wanted to give him away in the first place, but the fines for noise violations are huge here--more than the **^%&* who dragged him has to pay! :mad: Anyway, they are committed to working with him now, training him and keeping him! I know it probably doesn't sound ideal to many people, but Nitron seemed like a really lovely dog. Someone had obviously taken good care of him at some point--he was friendly, sweet, well socialized despite the lousy conditions I met him under. I am so freaking relieved!

Cinder & Smoke
04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
We've exchanged information through the AC officer and
it sounds like Nitron will be safe, happy and loved.

:)
Things are Lookin UP for Nitron!

Did you pass the word that you're willing to re-home Nitron to Tamara's Refuge
and Dog Barkin Yard if he needs a place to *bark*?

:D

K9soul
04-13-2006, 07:07 PM
That's wonderful Tamara! Just look at that sweet face. Wow seeing him makes me angry all over again! :mad: Poor baby. It must feel wonderful to be a part of catching and ending his abuse.

Glacier
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
:)
Things are Lookin UP for Nitron!

Did you pass the word that you're willing to re-home Nitron to Tamara's Refuge
and Dog Barkin Yard if he needs a place to *bark*?

:D

Absolutely! I told him I'd take him in a heartbeat if it doesn't work out! I think Jeff, the other witness, would too.

cyber-sibes
04-14-2006, 05:05 AM
I'm glad you posted a follow up, I've been wondering what happened to him. Glad to hear he's in a safe place & is loved. Wouldn't have surprised me at all to see that you added a 24th dog! :rolleyes: You've been a "guardian angel" to so many endangered huskies (and kitties)!

Vela
04-14-2006, 07:26 AM
That's awesome. I bet that is a ncie feeling knowing you saved him from a horrible life. Good Job!

gini
04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
That sweet face speaks volumes. What a happy ending to a horrible story.

I hope that woman has the book thrown at her.........and why isn't HER picture in the paper? (sorry, she really should never be allowed to have another animal until she gets her act together).

BC_MoM
04-14-2006, 11:07 AM
That's so great to hear he's back at his original home.. Nitro must be so happy to be home.. his owner must be so happy for him to be there.. and this is all thanks to you, Glacier! :)

Alysser
04-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Aww! Who could do something to that face? :( I'm glad he's back home and safe.

lvpets2002
04-14-2006, 11:13 AM
:) Well I am so glad that this baby's first owner took him back.. Nitron looks so sweet & poor baby for having to go thru that mean ole lady dragging him & I hope she gets what she deserves..

king2005
04-17-2006, 09:08 AM
such a happy ending for that lovely boy :)