PDA

View Full Version : * Favorite Animal and Music/Artist? *

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 09:56 AM
What's everyone's favorite animal? Mine is the Gray Wolf.. I've loved wolves since I was little! I have a lot of wolf things in my room.. Just out of curiousity.. favorite music/artist? LOL Obviously you can see who's mine is.. Kenny Chesney, from my avatar & signature/quote @ the bottom. ;) - Rachel

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-29-2002, 12:44 PM
My favorite animal? Dogs of course! Then it would be Geckos. I have a tattoo of a gecko on my back.

I do not have a favorite artist. I do not litsen to coutry or rap. I love classic rock and roll.

jennifert
04-29-2002, 01:07 PM
My favorite animals are dogs and horses.

I love Toby Keith. He is my absolute favorite!! I like Kenny Chesney a lot too!

Former User
04-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Cats & dogs :D

ilovehounds
04-29-2002, 01:21 PM
My favorite animal is a dog of course A HOUND DOG to be exact ...lol..

As for music... The Tea Party is by far my favorite band in the world. They are a great canadian band.

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 01:37 PM
While on the subject about Kenny Chesney, I am hoping to go to his concert in July! :) I watched the CMT special "KCMT" weekend.. and looks like he throws a great concert! I also love Garth Brooks, he's one of the best country artists in my lifetime, in my opinion! I have all of his cd's, and I know his songs by heart.. yessum! Y'know, like my Kenny Chesney quote, he's right about that, it doesn't matter what kind of music/song you like, as long it fits ya..something like that! - Rachel

Tanya&Fritz
04-29-2002, 01:43 PM
As for music... The Tea Party is by far my favorite band in the world. They are a great canadian band. \\

My favorites are Tragically Hip and Blue Rodeo. I also love Supertramp, Queen, etc. I'm showing my age ;)

mollymc
04-29-2002, 01:44 PM
Favorite animal....cat...favorite breed....free kitten that needs a good home....favorite music...that's a toss up because my cat, CJ and I like classical (her favorite is Beethoven), but her new sister, Bubba's favorite is c/w. I do not own any c/w...never listened to c/w....but with a name like Bubba...what else?? Bubba even has a "southern drawl" meow. CJ used to turn up her nose at this (until my human daughter started calling her "ski jump head"), but I have corrected her (CJ) and reminded her that she is also Southern.....CJ's reply was, "Yes, but I'm more Blanche DuBois, Bubba is more......well, Bubba!" CJ has mellowed some and tolerates it when Bubba sings along with anything "Country" that happens to come on TV and I even found her (CJ) asleep early one morning with her kittie head phones and walkman still playing, "Someone Stole My Human and I'm Lonesome As Can Be". I might be wrong, but I swear I saw a smirk on that little kittie face.

wolf_Q
04-29-2002, 02:20 PM
These are easy questions. I LOVE wolves. :) I've had a wolf obsession ever since I was little. My room is filled with them. At school I'm known as "that girl who draws wolves." lol. I also love dogs of course...and cats...wild or domestic. I guess I'll just say "canines and felines."

And music group? U2 of course!! That is why I am a "Zootopian!" I've been obessed with U2 since I was like 11-12, I have TONS of cds, movies, shirts, posters, etc. and I went to 3 of their concerts last year (denver, salt lake city, las vegas). There's a lot of other groups I like, mainly rock/alternative. I'm compltely anti-boyband/britney. I don't like country, rap, R&B, etc....But heh, if you all like it, it doesn't bother me any! :D

Kfamr
04-29-2002, 03:18 PM
My favorite wild animal is the dolphin.

Well... him who do you think is my favorite musical artist???! Nelly of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2002, 05:01 PM
Favorite animal...domestic is dog. Wild animal is giraffe.

I can't pick a favorite artist, or even a fav type of music. I love Garth Brooks...he gives a GREAT Concert, love Clint Black, Kenny Chesney, Trisha Yearwood, Kenny Loggins, Louis Armstrong...just too many to name :)

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Look! Garth Brooks! Found some good pics of him off the internet...:P hehe.. Well, I LOVE country music, so I like a lot of artists, but Garth and Kenny are my favorites! - Rachel

Garth doing the famous "Friends in Low Places.. before the 3rd Verse"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p6f53ae64eaae520e4112f3a72ba9306b/fdc5c8e8.jpg.orig.jpg

Garth with guitar
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p5b03e299cc3c8e74c0797647e4ead90a/fdc5c8e3.jpg.orig.jpg

Garth strumming his guitar before starting "Friends in Low Places"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p4bafd8ead0906e195733b105e166315a/fdc5c8e6.jpg.orig.jpg

I think I'm going to do a stratchboard out of this picture..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pb4247616431d0e85962fe33aa0c7578a/fdc5c8e5.gif.orig.gif

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2002, 06:51 PM
I can't see the pics :(

wolflady
04-29-2002, 07:22 PM
My favorite wild animals is also wolves!:D I was lucky enough to get to work with them at Wolf Park (http://www.wolfpark.org) for a few years in college. What an experience! It was very rewarding and I learned a lot. I've got lots of pictures too!
My favorite domestic animals is of course cats and dogs. So hard to pick just one fave! LOL LOL
As far as music, I have such an eclectic taste...I like a little of just about everything! This ranges from country, rock, trance, new age, classical, hindi, telugu....depending on my mood :cool:

Pam
04-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Dogs and cats here! My music tastes are very varied....anything from Country (Garth Brooks, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Shania Twain) to New Age (love Yanni!) to Classic Rock (too many to list!)

wolflady
04-29-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Pam
...to New Age (love Yanni...

Me too! :D It's just so relaxing, isn't it?? Have you heard Kitaro or David Arkenstone(specifically the album Citizen of Time)? Highly recommended!:D I even have some 'wolf sounds' new age albums. I just love that kind of music for when I need to relax....ahhhhhhh :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-29-2002, 07:46 PM
My favorite animal is ANY ANIMAL...........
I luv em all !!!!!!!!!!!!! From ladybugs to elephants !!!!!!!!!
My favorite artist is DJ MICRO !!!!!!!! He is a techno DJ and let me just brag on him for a minute !!!!! He is awesome!! Every cd of his that I have bought you can put it in and play it all the way through!!! And my only other favorite artist right now is a christian singer, Nicole C. Mullen. She has a beautiful voice and sings the most touching songs.

CountryWolf07
04-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Yeah I noticed.... Hmm I'll get to those pics tomorrow whenever I can.. - Rach

Pam
04-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

Me too! :D It's just so relaxing, isn't it?? Have you heard Kitaro or David Arkenstone(specifically the album Citizen of Time)? Highly recommended!:D I even have some 'wolf sounds' new age albums. I just love that kind of music for when I need to relax....ahhhhhhh :)

No Karen, the only other New Age music I am familiar with is Suzanne Ciani (like Yanni plays piano/keyboard).

Here is a real de-stress recipe: I put a Yanni CD on and then have my kitties laying all over me purring! Heaven! :)

LoudLou
04-29-2002, 10:51 PM
My favorite animal is just a about any animal, but I'd have to say if we're talking about actually being able to own the "Favorite Animal" it would be dogs and cats.

As for music I listen and work for all kinds, so I have to say my "Favorite" is anyone who pays me on time :rolleyes: .....;) ;)

Gio
04-30-2002, 02:59 AM
Reply to question 1:
Almost all animals (mainly cats, dogs, wolves, dolphins, whales donkeys, hedgehogs ranking very high)

Reply to question 2 :
Too many to mention, from 60s music, classical, rock, ethnic and Pam I love New Age too :D

wolflady
04-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Pam

Here is a real de-stress recipe: I put a Yanni CD on and then have my kitties laying all over me purring! Heaven! :)

Ahhhhh.....that does sound relaxing...
http://bestsmileys.com/cats/catlove.gif

ramanth
04-30-2002, 11:55 AM
I love all animals. I grew up with cats, I now have a dog, but I've always wanted a horse. I adore horses. :D

As for music... I love a lot of artists in these genres: Country, Rock, Pop, Classical, Oldies...

Right now my fave CD is my Star Wars: Episode II Soundtrack. Give me a John William's score any day! :D

mugsy
04-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Favorite animal(s): Dogs, wolves, bears, loons, big horn sheep...

Favorite band(s): Oh geez.... Styx, Queen, (see T&F, you're not the only one showing your age) Vince Gill, Travis Tritt, big band, Collective Soul, etc...like the others, too many to mention.

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2002, 05:41 PM
I don't know if shows my age, or the age of my friends, or the phasses I have gone through but a lot of what I have on CD is so varied! Cd's I have include:(in addition to what I already listed) is Carly Simon, Carole King, Barry Manilow, Glen Miller, Black Sabbath, Kathy Troccoli, Yanni, metallica, BareNaked Ladies...you name a type of mucis and I have some of it, I am sure!

wolf_Q
04-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Hey BNL are cool, I went to their concert when the Olympics were here...they are hilarious!

slleipnir
04-30-2002, 08:10 PM
My fav animals are Dogs, wolves, horses, big cats..and a lot more..hm..music..no fav artist, but I like pretty much any music, mostly light rock, and some classical...damn my dad for getting me into that..lol

Crikit
05-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Hmm fav animal would have to well dogs followed by wolves or tigers...love tigers.

Hmm fav artist well it all depends on what I'm listening to, I like anything from Nat King Cole right up to J-pop (which is what I'm listening to right now) but I do have faves for each type of music,
pop- The Party love that group though they aren't a group anymore which sort of makes me sad.
Alternative- Shonen Knife followed up by either Bif Naked or Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
Country-Garth probably though have to give props to Paul Brandt what with him being from the same city and all
Classical- Vanessa-Mae
Celtic- Great Big Sea or the Corrs
and for some strictly Canadian stuff Jann Arden, Lehay, The Rankins, Platnium Blonde, BNL though they're know around the world now.

Oh and Mugsy..I LOVE STYX! How can you not love a group that sings about a robot or sailing?

zippy-kat
05-02-2002, 12:15 AM
fav animals: bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, cats, horses, dogs, bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, hedgehawgz, bunnies...and did I mention bunnies?! ;)

fav artists: Incubus (*sigh, sniff- they just played in Albq. and I didn't get to go*), Coldplay, 311, Oleander, Everclear, Steppenwolf, CCR, ShadowFax, Stained, Fred Durst, Tim Mcgraw & George Strait.

And I love the song/video, ummm *blush* dont' know the title, something about "a good day to run..." by ??? :o

anna_66
05-02-2002, 07:33 AM
Well my favorite animal of course is dogs, but I would LOVE to have a horse!
And lets see, music, I really like just about ALL kinds. But I think my favorite would be rock/rap. When I was a teenager is just LOVED the group KISS! Still like em' just not obsessed with em' now! Sorry, no Yanni or country here!

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-02-2002, 07:43 AM
I'm with you Anna. I guess I don't like country because I never was exposed to that kind of music. I have only been living in America for the past 4 years. I like classical music by Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Tchykovsky, etc.. No New Age or Yanni for me!
My 1st roommate in college used to play new age Cds all the time. It drove me crazy! He!He!He!

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2002, 05:26 PM
Anna, as a graduation from college present my husband took me to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto. Guest starring as the Phantom was Paul Stanley! We were 5th row center, and he was sooo amazing!!! After that I had to get out all my old KISS tapes! :)

ilovehounds
05-02-2002, 05:29 PM
fav artists: Incubus (*sigh, sniff- they just played in Albq. and I didn't get to go*),

I LIKE them to, my sister is soooooo into Incubus you should check out her site.

Burts Into Brandon Boyd (http://www.angelfire.com/in4/brandonboyd2/)

zippy-kat
05-02-2002, 06:09 PM
:D I was born the day after Brandon turned 4. lol

And he's single....I'm thinkin' it could work out...LOL :rolleyes: :p

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2002, 09:07 PM
I was born 16 days before Brandon...but I'm married :)

wolf_Q
05-03-2002, 12:02 AM
I have a friend obsessed with Incubus too. They are cool. Another friend is obsessed with No Doubt. Also cool. Hey Zippy-zat, I like Coldplay too. I think their album is very beautiful. I know of a Collective Soul song called "Run" which is a great song...but I could be way off course here.

The Cat Factory
05-06-2002, 03:38 AM
My favorite Wild Animal is Bears, mostly Grizzlies and Albino Black Bears, although Albus the Albino Black Bear is the only one exsisting:(

For a Domestic pet, would have to be Cats and Dogs

For my favorite Music/Artist, I have a few favorites. I like Sepultura, Pantera, Korn, Metallica, Ozzy, Nickelback and lots more.

delidog
05-06-2002, 05:11 AM
wait a minute!!!! did i read that right????
PAUL STANLEY?!?!?!? as THE PHANTOM????????
are we talking ANDREW LLOYD WEBER????or TIM BURTON?!?!?!?!?
i am confused!!!!
i saw ian gilliam, (lead singer deep purple!!) do j.c. in j.c. superstar...but he sang it on the album!!!(circa 1972)
i am trying to envision this....at least he wouldn't need much make up!!!!

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Favourite animal - Siamese Cat.
Favourite Wild animal - Lion.

Favourite Music - Beatles. Garth Brooks. Elvis. Abba. Tricia Yearwood. Russell Watson. Alison Krauss. Faith Hill. Shania Twain. etc etc etc.

Lynne

CountryWolf07
05-07-2002, 05:27 PM
Looks like almost everyone who listen to country music, usually Garth Brooks is the one who they listen to.. it's interesting :) Glad to see there are some people who listen to country music in Pet Talk! I think Garth Brooks is retired for now.. but I hope he comes back.. maybe in few years or something like that, I would love to see him perform live, but I'm still hoping there will be a day I will get to see him. I * still * regret for not going to any of his concerts in the past! - Rachel