PDA

View Full Version : Puppies! *3 pictures*

zoomer
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
We went to G.I.Joes and there was a new pet store next to it. And there were 3 adorable Golden Retriever puppies! Luckily I took my camera!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/petstore005.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/petstore004.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/petstore002.jpg

GoldenLuv
04-13-2006, 11:58 AM
they are adoreable

but how in the h#ll can they breathe through the glass i hate pet stores :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

zoomer
04-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Don't worry, there were large holes, large enough to stick their noses through. If they didn't have holes, I would have complained until I got my way.

BC_MoM
but how in the h#ll can they breathe through the glass i hate pet stores :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No kidding.. Those bright lights beating down on them, creating heat... there's got to be no ventilation WHATSOEVER in those darn things!! If I owned a petstore, the pups would be out in excersise pens everyday and would go home with "foster" families at closing time so they wouldn't have to be alone.

Flatcoatluver
Thats so sad!!! They even have ceater(SP) in their water and food!!! :mad:

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Eeesh guys I never noticed that stuff now I feel really bad for the poor puppies... :(

GoldenLuv
04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
believe me if i was close i would of snatched those babies up in a heart beat how on god's green earth are they suppose to get socialized and have room to play

I am sooo glad i don't live near ya...

i hope they get outta there soon poor wittle one's

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:04 PM
I wish I could do something...

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey Zoomer.. maybe the place could use some volunteers to help clean the cages and keep the water fresh? (and clean :rolleyes: )

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Hey Zoomer.. maybe the place could use some volunteers to help clean the cages and keep the water fresh? (and clean :rolleyes: )

I'll ask my parents :D Nice idea Jessica!

elizabethann
04-13-2006, 12:10 PM
That just breaks my heart.

:(

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I hope they say yes! Having someone there as caring as you even as a volunteer.. I bet those puppies would love some interaction and clean water for once.. :)

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks, I would just love to help them :)

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I called my mom and she said I probubly wasn't old enough but we could see! I sure hope I can voulenteer I want to help those puppies!

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Well, at pet stores here I know you can't get a paying job until 16.. but you can volunteer from as young as 14. How old are you?

I think you should call the place and ask them about volunteering to clean cages, etc. :)

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:17 PM
13 :o

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh, well.. lol We were all 13 at one time or another! :D

Now get off your bum and go call that petstore.

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I'll do that :D

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I think my mom will take me down there to ask in person, it's a new pet store and I cannot find it in the Yellow Pages.

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 12:25 PM
That's awesome. How far is it from your house?

zoomer
04-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh great, I wasn't thinking about the distance. It's down in Everett... about a 1/2 hour from here... I think it matters how often I voulenteer though.

Flatcoatluver
04-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh great, I wasn't thinking about the distance. It's down in Everett... about a 1/2 hour from here... I think it matters how often I voulenteer though.
are you kdding me it's in EVERETT??? Thats like a hour away from my house!! :mad:

zoomer
04-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I know, doesn't it bother you? :mad: It's by the G.I.Joes in Everett, in that whole group of shops and stuff. If you know what I'm talking about :p

lute
04-13-2006, 03:31 PM
i HATE seeing petstore pups! :mad: when i worked at the petstore in Nashville i ALWAYS had a puppy out. training it, playing with it, etc. everyone got a chance since i was there by myself for about 5 hours.

i hope someday ALL petstores will stop selling puppies! the ONLY way to stop it is to stop buying the puppies. no matter how much you feel bad for them.

Lori Jordan
04-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Very Cute i hate seeing them in those cages!

My Peanuts
04-13-2006, 04:35 PM
I wish I could do something...

The best thing to do is to never buy a puppy from a pet store and tell everyone you know the same. Supply and demand. No demand means no supply, which means an end or at least a decrease in puppy mills. The puppies are very cute, but I hate to think of the hell their parents are going through right now.

Karen
04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
What is the name of the store? Next time you are there, ask where they get their puppies. If they say "breeders, don;t worry" ask if can contact the breeder with a question on a puppy or its parents. If the answer is no, those poor Golden babies may be the product of a puppy mill, and the store should be picketed and protested until it shuts down.

A new chain store selling puppy mill dogs "they're from a breeder, yes. We get them from a broker ... spin, spin, lie, lie" tried to open in MY state! How dare they??? We protested, and the stores were closed down!

*iluvskipper*
04-13-2006, 04:48 PM
omgosh ya i LOVE goldies!!! :D nd ya i agree w/the person up there, i hate when they put them in those glass cages its so sad!!!!!

*iluvskipper*
04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
What is the name of the store? Next time you are there, ask where they get their puppies. If they say "breeders, don;t worry" ask if can contact the breeder with a question on a puppy or its parents. If the answer is no, those poor Golden babies may be the product of a puppy mill, and the store should be picketed and protested until it shuts down.

A new chain store selling puppy mill dogs "they're from a breeder, yes. We get them from a broker ... spin, spin, lie, lie" tried to open in MY state! How dare they??? We protested, and the stores were closed down!

ya i agree wit you Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoomer
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM

I forgot the name but I'm sure we will be going back sooner or later.

Alysser
04-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Today I went to a pet store in my mall. I saw a VERY poorly bred Maltese there. :rolleyes: It had a pug nose and VERY wiry hair. That's not a maltese characterstic. Most petstores like that that sell dogs are just in it for the money. Anyway, they are adorable.

chocolatecoffee
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Most petstores like that that sell dogs are just in it for the money.
All of them are, it's so sad :(. I never set food in pet stores anymore now that I know better, even just to look at the dogs; I don't want to support them in any way. It's disgusting what people will do to make money, those poor dogs. :mad:

Zoomer, have you ever considered volunteering at a rescue or shelter?
When I was younger, I loved going in pet stores and wanted to volunteer at one, but I learned how horrible they are and started volunteering at rescues and shelters instead. At first I wasn't old enough to volunteer at the Humane Society, but I got in contact with rescues through my vet and volunteered there. A lot of them really need the help and really appreciate it!

zoomer
04-13-2006, 08:37 PM
All of them are, it's so sad :(. I never set food in pet stores anymore now that I know better, even just to look at the dogs; I don't want to support them in any way. It's disgusting what people will do to make money, those poor dogs. :mad:

Zoomer, have you ever considered volunteering at a rescue or shelter?
When I was younger, I loved going in pet stores and wanted to volunteer at one, but I learned how horrible they are and started volunteering at rescues and shelters instead. At first I wasn't old enough to volunteer at the Humane Society, but I got in contact with rescues through my vet and volunteered there. A lot of them really need the help and really appreciate it!

I would love to voulenteer somewhere, last year I talked to my mom about it but she said only people that don't have dogs voulenteer :rolleyes: