PDA

View Full Version : What places have you been to?

Miss Z
04-13-2006, 10:56 AM
I thought it would be an interesting thread to see where people have been on holiday before. Randomn, I know! It's just that I've finally convinced my mum to look for a summer holiday destination again, she's been busy sorting out our hallway which is being re-decorated, so I must be in a holiday state of mind:rolleyes: ;) . Well, here's mine:

Calis, Turkey
Paris, France
Alcudia, Majorca
Noordwijk, Holland
Algarve, Portugal
Son Bou, Menorca
Yllas, Finland (Lapland)
Jukkasjarvi, Sweden (Lapland)
Orlando, Florida, USA (been twice)
The Seychelles and Mauritius (I've been but never seen it, my mum was pregnant with me when she went! LOL!)
Llandudno and Llanfair Cloduagu (sp?), Wales
Edinburgh, Scotland
Practically everywhere in England!

OK, that's me, what about the rest of PT?:D

Alysser
04-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Florida(About 14 times already! :rolleyes: Dad's obsessed with it.)
Italy
Rome
Piza
Siena
Florence
Tuscany mostly(We stayed there.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/P1010394.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/P1010425.jpg
Pennsylvania

Miss Z
04-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Italy's beautiful! Next year I'm going on an 8 day trip to Italy as part of my school Latin study. We're going to Rome, Sorrento, Pompeii, Naples, Herculaneum and Capris. I'm really looking forward to it:D

zoomer
04-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Washington
Illinois
Florida
California

I haven't been to many places, but hey, I've got the rest of my life :p

lv4dogs
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
I"ve been to every state, most of them I've been there at least twice, except for Alaska, Hawaii & North Dakota.
I've also been to Canada.
Thats it.

Alysser
04-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Italy's beautiful! Next year I'm going on an 8 day trip to Italy as part of my school Latin study. We're going to Rome, Sorrento, Pompeii, Naples, Herculaneum and Capris. I'm really looking forward to it:D

Take pics for me! I really would like to go back but it's not happening this summer Unfourtunatley. But Pompeii(sp?) is very interesting. I never got a chance to go but it's looks so awesome! :)

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I've been to

Montreal, Quebec City, and some small town outside the two, Quebec

Edmonton, Alberta

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.. (used to live there)

I'm going to Anaheim, California in July, though! It will be my first time in the States. :)

king2005
04-13-2006, 12:09 PM
All over Ontario (live here), Timmons, Sudbury, places I don't remember the names of, N & W & S of Sudbury, Verner, Stergion Falls, North Bay, Petawawa, Ottawa(lived here for 5yrs) & area, Vars, Smiths Falls(born & lived here for 18yrs), Brockville, Kingston, Prescott, Jasper, Toronto, Nigra Falls, Brampton, Mississauga (living here now), Hamilton, Windsor, London, & everything inbetween all these towns & cities

all over S Quebec & up to blue sea lake
all over New Brunswick
all over Nova Scotia
Almost everywhere in PEI (my xmas trip will give me time to go to the east side)

All around the Mount Gross Morn Park(sp) in Newfoundland
Across N NY from Ontario to New Brunswick, went to Mt. Washington, New Hampsher & Santas Village (thats I all remember of the trip & the killer goose)

I want to explore more of my current area, BUT I have no car & don't know anyone here :(

BC_MoM
04-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I want to explore more of my current area, BUT I have no car & don't know anyone here :(

Have you ever noticed people do tend to know nothing about their own city and yet know so much about others? lol It's so weird!! I would love to spend a summer learning more history about my city, and historical places.

king2005
04-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Have you ever noticed people do tend to know nothing about their own city and yet know so much about others? lol It's so weird!! I would love to spend a summer learning more history about my city, and historical places.

I've only been here since Sept. I do know the area by bus routes & can go all over the city. I just want to explore the other cities around here as I'm so new to S Ontario. Back home I knew the town like the back of my hand in in the late 1800's or early 1900's the name of the town was Smyths Falls, not Smiths Falls.. Smyth was the founder, but they decided to rename it Smiths as thats how it really was pronounced (the Y was an i sound). Loved the history of my home town.. ok not the newer history as it was a dump growing up & crime ridden & the Hells Angels owned the Police station & more then likely the old Mayor.. The new Mayor has done nothing but cleaned up the town & used the money to make it a nicer place.

Barbara
04-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Finland
Sweden
Denmark
UK (London, South England, Scotland)
Netherlands
Belgium
Luxemburg
France (Paris, Brittany, Normandy, most departements of Western and Southern and Eastern France)
Switzerland
Austria
Poland (Warsaw and Cracow)
Italy (Rome, Venice, Florence, most regions north of Rome)
Spain (Andalucia, the East coast)
Greece (quite some islands, the Peloponnese, Athens)
Morocco
Thailand
Sri Lanka
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
US (the West coast from San Diego to Olympic peninsula, New England, Chicago, NY)
Canada (the West coast from Vancouver to Prince Rupert)
Mexico (Yucatan)

But the list where I would like to go is much longer :D :D :D

dogzr#1
04-13-2006, 01:01 PM
I have only been to a few places.

Traveled around the valley which consists of McAllen, Brownsville, San Benito, Edinburg and a few other small cities.

Went to Del Rio and Fort Stockton in West Texas. And San Marcos in North/West Texas. Also to Corpus Christi, Houston, and San Antonio.

I've also traveled to Mexico. We went to Progresso and Matamoros because we live so close to the border.

That's about it.

Miss Z
04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Take pics for me! I really would like to go back but it's not happening this summer Unfourtunatley. But Pompeii(sp?) is very interesting. I never got a chance to go but it's looks so awesome! :)

I'll take pics, as long as my brother doesn't delete them like he did with my London pics:rolleyes: I'm sure you'll go one day;)

I have a book all about Pompeii and it looks amazing. It'll be really great to go somewhere that lay hidden for 100s of years. Recently, there was a programme on BBC1 called 'the last day of Pompeii', it was sort of documentary/drama on the events when Vesuvius erupted in AD79. Just before it finished, there was a long camera shot of Vesuvius, then the narrator said....

"Eruptions like this happen approximately every 2000 years. The next one....is due"

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p

Randi
04-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I’ve been to ...

England - London, Manchester, Oxford, Gloucestershire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire

Sweden - Malmo, Karlskrona, Goteborg, Helsingborg

Holland - Amsterdam, Zandvoort

Germany - Munich. Berlin

Switzerland - Bern, Basel, Sion, Sierre

Tunesia - Sousse area and south

Greece - Korfu

Spain - Madrid, Sevilla, Ronda, Estepona, Castelldefels, San Pedro, Toledo, Segovia, Mojacar, Granada, Mallorca, Lanzarote, Ibiza lots of times

Dominican Republic - North coast

USA - California. :D

Of all these places, I think I could easily get used to living in the Henley area. ;)

king2005
04-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a stuffed dog & he traveled ALL the way to France for a few weeks with a friend of mine :)

Does that count?
He has Pins from ALL the different places hes been

k9krazee
04-13-2006, 02:34 PM
US-
the states I've actually stayed in - not just traveled through:

New Mexico, Florida, Mississippi, Ohio, Indiana, Montana, West Virginia, South Carolina....and of course Michigan :D there might be others :o

Other:

Bahamas
And one month in Scotland, Ireland and England :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-13-2006, 02:53 PM
All of the lower 48 states except Montana, Arkansas, North Dakota, Rhode Island and Vermont. And DC.

Mexico
Canada
Colombia
England
Scotland
Ireland
Wales
France
Germany
Switzerland
Austria
Italy (but never Rome :( )
Slovenia
Croatia
Serbia
Bosnia-Hergovenia
Greece
Turkey
Egypt
A few of the Carribbean Islands (Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, etc)

jackie
04-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Canada
America
Mexico
Japan
England
Wales
France
Germany
Italy
Greece
Cyprus
Belgium
Holland
Spain

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Long list here too, as we both love travelling!

Egypt
South Africa
Greece
South Korea
Singapore
Australia
USA ( at least in 15 states!)
Switzerland
Austria
Italy
Netherlands
France
Luxemburg
France
Belgium (of course :rolleyes: )
Great Britain( England, Scotland and Wales)
Germany
Tchecoslowakia (in 1980, it was still 1 country)
Spain
Turkey
Mallorca
San Marino
Andorra

carole
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Well i did most of my travelling in my younger years 19 and up, and have not travelled much since.

I have been to America, LA,UTAH,SAN DIEGO,MEXICO,MONTANA,LAS VEGAS.,oh and a brief stopover in Tahiti.

And to Sydney Australia, and I have seen the north and south island of my own country and that is it really.

Of course i have been to scotland and Hawaii but as i was only six months old when i left cannot remember it lol.

Oh my gosh Lut you are so well travelled, and you mean to say you came down under and missed the most perfect piece of paradise, Aotearoa, lol. :D

joanofark
04-13-2006, 04:16 PM
*Snif* *Snif* I've only been in the states...

KY (duh!! I'm here right now :D), OH (it's not that long of a drive from here), TN, GA and FL.

I REAAAAAALLY want to go to Italy or Rome... or even England/London.... but it might be a while;) :( :p

Suki Wingy
04-13-2006, 04:32 PM
I'll list out the states when I have more time but:
27 states
Gulf of California area, Mexico
http://longfellow.zoto.com/img/original/797db9b4b52b28977f6cd1db30359e02.jpg
Most of my travel is from road trips but we always drive on country highways and scenic routes, and make sure we stop a lot and take it all in. I like to get a feel for the way people live everywhere I go.

Cincy'sMom
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Outside the US I only been to Toronto, Windsor, Avon and Niagra Falls, Canada, and Cozumel, Mexico.

In the US, Arizona, California, Texas, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Florida, Virgina, Washington DC, Missouri, Wisconsin, Nevada, New York, and of course, Ohio. Also driven though Oklahoma, New Mexico, Georgia, North Carolina, Penn., Maryland, West Virginia

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I've been to Kelowna, BC and other places around there aswell as Regina, Saskatchewan and small, almost unheard of towns in SK aswell. I've also been to various places in Alberta as that is where I live. lol...my family isn't really into traveling long distances unless we have relatives or friends in further places, which we don't anymore.

Vette
04-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Was born in CA and we moved up WA.. so CA,, OR and WA...
though i dont remeber squat so i guess that doesnt count. LOL

i would love to go Hawii though dang it!!!!!!!

Jessika
04-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Paris, France
Eze, France
Monaco
Nice, France
(basically, France LOL)
London/UK

And erm.. that's about it

Chilli
04-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Ah.. I've never traveled outside the states.
And the only states I've been to are Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennesse, Mississippi, and Iowa.

sammy101
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I've lived in-
B.C,Canada. New Orleans,Houston TX, and Frankfurt Germany
Been to
Dominican Republic,Trinidad & Tabago,Austria,France,Netherlands, & Switzerland. In Canada i've only been to B.C,Alberta and Manitoba. U.S i've been to California,Lousiana,Montana,Colorado,Texas,and some other states that i dont remember :o

Oggyflute
04-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Like Carole, most of my travelling was done when younger. I shall try and remember all the places, so here goes;
Malaysia,
Indonesia,
Thailand,
Hong Kong,
Philipines,
Singapore,
New Caledonia,
Fiji,
Samoa,
USA - Hawaii, East Coast & West Coast,
Canada - Mainly Trenton, Ottowa, and BC
England,
Germany,
Switzerland,
Cyprus,
Israel,
Jordan,
Egypt,
India,
South Africa,
New Zealand,
All over Australia, and maybe a few other places I've neglected to mention. I'd have to look at my old log book to be totally sure.
One thing my mate Macca and myself have always wanted to do is to drive from New Orleans to Chicago, following the blues trail. Maybe one day we will hire an old chevy convertable, and off we will go. :)

chocolatepuppy
04-15-2006, 05:36 AM
PA
NY
Kentucky
Tennessee
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Maryland
I live in Ohio, was born and raised here.
Lived in Florida for 5 years when I was in my twenties.
:D

critter crazy
04-15-2006, 07:22 AM
well lets see
California
Ohio
Minessota
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Maryland
Tennessee
Kentucky