PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty: Your help is needed.

Fender963
04-13-2006, 10:09 AM
People fail to realize that animal cruelty is a continuing problem in the USA. What makes it worse is the fact that our government is an offender too! :eek: It's absolutely ridiculous and something needs to be done about it. Please if you have the time visit this link:
http://www.stopanimaltests.com/f-taserAirForce.asp

and write letters to the people listed at the end of the article. Just a warning: the video is disturbing but shows just how horrible the situation was for those poor animals.

buttercup132
04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Ya well thats from Peta...dont expect everythin on there to be true infact mostly everyone on PT doesnt belive any of their stuff cuz its a load of $*%@
It's very sad but it doesnt go on every where.

lvpets2002
04-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Well it made me so :mad: & was just sicking.. I could only watch small part of it & go sick to my stomack..

king2005
04-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Sure its a horrible thing to watch (thats why that stuff is behind closed doors), but saddly it needs to be done. Those tazers save thousands of lives & help prevent police officers from being killed or harmed during their duties. Pigs skin & nervice system & organs is very close to a humans. So if it doesn't kill the pig, but it puts it down & leaves no internal damage, then they know they can start testing it on humans (& BOY do they test it on humans, thousands of people get tazared in trials to show how well it works & how safe it is)...

The only kind of experimants no longer needed are the ones where you remove an organ to see what happeneds to the animal, as we now what happeneds.

Sad yes, sick yes, needed yes.

Lady's Human
04-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Would you prefer we used new recruits to test weapons on?

Didn't think so.

king2005
04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Would you prefer we used new recruits to test weapons on?

Didn't think so.

Also where would we be without medication? Most of us would have died long ago & for sure AIDS would have taken over & killed the rest of us.

For a real experiment to work the animals need to be in top shape & health. They get great foods & proper care, case you cannot test things on sick animals as the results will be horribly flawed.

Not 100% sure what happeneds to the pigs after, but I'm sure they are not retested (& I know they are not eaten). They are more likely killed & then have their organs looked at & scanned to see if any internal damage has been caused (then burned).. These Pigs are Heros to all nations, for its people & pets.

animal_rescue
04-13-2006, 03:33 PM
My cooking teacher told me that pigs don't have nervous systems.

king2005
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
My cooking teacher told me that pigs don't have nervous systems.

Then your teacher is stupid (no offence). ALL animals can feel pain & how do you think the brain controls the body? its not magic :rolleyes:

moosmom
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Pigs have nervous systems. Don't know where your cooking teacher got that. That is unless she's talking about pork chops. :p

That was a sick video, but like buttercup said, I'd take whatever PETA says with a grain of salt given the skeletons in THEIR closets. Killing animals and putting their carcasses in large freezers as opposed finding them furrever homes. PETA is beyond help and reproach.

animal_rescue
04-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure she used to own a meat locker and was telling us that they stunned the pigs so they wouldn't go after them when they umm cut them open. She was telling us how they stunned them and cows and yea that stuff. Basically she told us that if we had ever seen that stuff up close, we'd be vegetarians. She's not though.

king2005
04-17-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure she used to own a meat locker and was telling us that they stunned the pigs so they wouldn't go after them when they umm cut them open. She was telling us how they stunned them and cows and yea that stuff. Basically she told us that if we had ever seen that stuff up close, we'd be vegetarians. She's not though.

Seen the stunning & killing of livestock.. Its pretty gross, but cows sure do taste good, YUMM!