PDA

View Full Version : Names for two little boys :)

Pam
04-13-2006, 04:30 AM
My co-worker recently had to send her female sheltie to the RB at the age of 14. Brandi battled bladder cancer for almost a year and Barb fought right alongside her. She would leave work at lunch to give her her pills and to change her diaper. This was her first dog (she had always been a cat person) and she took Brandi's recent passing extremely hard.

She told us that she hoped we would understand but she wanted to look into getting another dog fairly quickly. She knew she wouldn't be able to stand coming home to an empty house each day (skin kids are grown and out of the "nest.") She also said that she wanted to get two dogs next time as she always wished Brandi had a *sibling.*

Well, she has been looking at litters and reserved two little sheltie boys. They will not be available until the middle of May but she has seen them and is smitten. She has asked all of us at work to try and come up with name suggestions. The two that she and her hubby have come up with are Ben and Jerry and Ernie and Bert. :)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am so happy to see her smile again these days. So many times I would go into her office and see her with red eyes and tears. Thank you for any ideas you may have. :)

Edit: She has asked the breeder and others and the thinking is that it is just as easy to housebreak two as one, sort of like having human twins. :) Believe me she is very responsible and will move heaven and earth for these puppies. Her daughter will be home from college for the summer to help and Barb will leave work at lunch time every day to be with these little ones. :)

Alysser
04-13-2006, 08:19 AM
I like Ben and Jerry.
But there's also:
Chip and Dale
lol sorry I can't seem to figure out any others besides Sunny and Share.

king2005
04-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Tom & Jerry

Jadapit
04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Fred & Barney.

finn's mom
04-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Connor and Murphy, from the Boondock Saints. They're twin brothers in the film. :)

Or Lock and Key. Stock and Barrel. Or if she didn't want to go with twin names like that, there are tons others...I'll post some as they come to my head. That's awesome that she's got something to look forward to.

Ginger's Mom
04-13-2006, 08:55 AM
I totally understand the need to have another furkid in the house to love again as soon as possible. I am so glad that she found two sheltie boys to share her home with (think you can get her to share some pictures when she gets them home? :) ). How about Martin and Lewis?

IRescue452
04-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Amos and Andy
Jack and Wyatt
Bob and Dylan (ok this was just funny)
Cain and Able
Divit and Putter
Crimson and Clover
Kyoke and Nishibi (Japanese: sunrise and sunset)
Mac and Tosh (I like this one)
Smokey and Hardtack
Hlaoroo and Hazel
Kehaar and Blackavar

finn's mom
04-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Orville and Wilbur, hahahaha

Daisy and Delilah
04-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Great names you guys!! I can't think of any good ones. All of the above are great!!!

Suki Wingy
04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Orville and Wilbur, hahahaha
I like it!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Frasier and Niles?

Alysser
04-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Frasier and Niles?
Aw that's adorable! :)

Rachel
04-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Edit: She has asked the breeder and others and the thinking is that it is just as easy to housebreak two as one, sort of like having human twins. :)

Are they serious???? Okay, I'll concede that Shelties are perhaps easier to train than the average dog, but I will never accept that housebreaking two puppies at the same time could be anything less than hectic. Good luck to Barb. These two should be just the medicine she needs.

Giselle
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
How could anyone not have said: Harold and Kumar :D

ETA: If she ever wants a Sheltie girl and boy: Bonnie and Clyde

elizabethann
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
What about Flounder & Mac (for Mackrel)?

:D

zoomer
04-13-2006, 03:40 PM
What about Flounder & Mac (for Mackrel)?

:D

Nice! :D

Cincy'sMom
04-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Bo and Luke
Moose and Squirrel

Pam
04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Are they serious???? Okay, I'll concede that Shelties are perhaps easier to train than the average dog, but I will never accept that housebreaking two puppies at the same time could be anything less than hectic. Good luck to Barb. These two should be just the medicine she needs.

Rachel, believe it or not, when I got my Whitney she was about 14 weeks old. The breeder had her and her brother housebroken already. I don't know about the others in her litter because she and her brother were the last ones left.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I will give her all of your suggestions so far but you can still keep your thinking caps on. :)

finn's mom
04-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe I missed it, but, did she name her puppies?

CountryWolf07
04-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Jack & Will - (Will & Grace)

Chandler & Joey - (FRIENDS)
Ross & Joey - (FRIENDS)
Chandler & Ross (FRIENDS)

zoomer
04-20-2006, 06:08 PM
First thing that came to my mind was Tom and Jerry!

captain
04-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Love them all, but really liked the Frasier and Niles .... :D

And

Kyoke and Nishibi (Japanese: sunrise and sunset)
Could be shortened to Ky and Shibi.

Good luck to her ... :D

bckrazy
04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Mario & Luigi would be cute! :) I can't wait to see the puppy pics... you'd better get some!

zoomer
04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Mario & Luigi would be cute! :) I can't wait to see the puppy pics... you'd better get some!

Oh that is an awesome name that would be sooo cute!

Pam
04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Still no definite names but they are leaning toward Ben and Jerry but still thinking hard. :) They don't get the puppies until mid-May. I will post pictures as soon as I get some. The breeder told her not to let their little feet touch the floor in the morning when retrieving them from their crates so as to prevent them from having their first morning pee right on the carpet. :o :D She said that would be no problem and then wondered how she is going to open the door to let them out with a puppy in each arm. She thinks she will have to grow a third arm before May. LOL! Oh the things one has to think of when having more than one puppy. I think she is in for a fun ride! LOL!

Pam
05-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Well my co-worker has her puppies! :) She and her hubby went with the names Ben and Jerry, as they were the ones they both agreed on. Thank you all for your suggestions though. I passed them on to her anyway. We all threw her a *puppy shower* with toys, treats and everything two little sheltie boys might love. :)

The puppies came home on Saturday and she took the day off yesterday to be with them. I hope to get to see them this week and will certainly have my camera. I have seen lots of pictures of these cuties and just can't wait to hold them and give them cuddles and kisses. Stay tuned....

pitc9
05-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Oh Yippee!! The puppies are home!
Can't wait to see pictures!

finn's mom
05-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I like the names they've decided on...can't wait to see pictures!

Logan
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Pam, I can't wait to see pictures of Ben and Jerry! I think Barb's hands will be full for a while, but who cares??? Honey and Lilly are 5 months apart in age, but I did have two puppies at the same time for quite a while. It worked out just fine. :)

Logan

Pam
05-17-2006, 07:21 PM
OK, here they are....the long awaited puppy pictures. :) Actually they are pictures that my co-worker gave me and I took pictures of the pictures so they are a little fuzzy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN0426_s.jpg
Ben is the one with the wide white marking on his forehead (blaze) and Jerry has the thinner blaze.

In this next one Ben is playing with a Tug-O-War squeekie toy that I bought the puppies. It is a hit but they haven't figured out to tug with it yet. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN0425_s.jpg

Barb is doing quite well with her two little boys actually, except for a slight incident where she accidentally fell on Ben. :eek: :eek: She had them out in the yard on their leashes and they all sort of got tangled up in her legs and she lost her balance. She whisked Ben off to the vet where he was pronounced just fine. She had so much guilt over it that she called all of us at work crying.

I haven't seen the puppies in person yet but hope to one of these days. You can be sure I will have my camera with me and plan to get lots of sloppy kisses and inhale a double dose of puppy breath. :)

RobiLee
05-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Ohh, they are adorable!! I love the names.

I'm glad she didn't hurt the puppy when she stepped on him. :)

cyber-sibes
05-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Ahh, Ben and Jerry are adorable! She'll definitely have her hands full ;) ! Cute- cute- cute!
(I had two kitty brothers, I named them Burt and Benny, after two comedians; Burt Lair and Benny Hill) Double names are so fun.

Ginger's Mom
05-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Aaaawwww, they are sooo cute. Lucky Barbara. :D They really are cute, thanks for sharing those pictures. And I hope you get to see them soon. Give them some hugs, and get some kisses for me.