PDA

View Full Version : This Is Not News

lizbud
04-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't understand why news people think this is news to anyone. After
3 long years, they seem to be recycling this over & over.

Bush lied people. :rolleyes: Sorry to say that I don't believe a word this
man says anymore.

Bush WMD Statements Based On Debunked Evidence

POSTED: 12:29 pm EDT April 12, 2006
UPDATED: 6:52 pm EDT April 12, 2006

WASHINGTON -- President George W. Bush's claim three years ago that weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq was based on U.S. intelligence that was later proved false, the White House acknowledged on Wednesday.

Spokesman Scott McClellan vigorously denied suggestions that Bush was making claims that already had been debunked when he said that two small trailers seized in Iraq were mobile biological laboratories.

McClellan did not directly answer questions about whether Bush, when he made his statement, was aware that a team of experts had already concluded the trailers were not involved with WMD manufacturing.

"The White House is not an intelligence-gathering agency," McClellan said.

He said Bush was relying on information from the Central Intelligence Agency and the Defense Intelligence Agency that said the trailers were used to produce biological weapons - information that later proved false.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that experts on a Pentagon-sponsored mission who examined the trailers concluded that they had nothing to do with biological weapons and sent their findings to Washington in a classified field report on May 27, 2003.

One day later, the CIA and DIA publicly issued an assessment saying the opposite - that U.S. officials were confident that the trailers were used to produce biological weapons. The assessment said the mobile facilities represented "the strongest evidence to date that Iraq was hiding a biological warfare program."

The very next day, Bush declared in a Polish television interview, "We have found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories."

McClellan said information for public reports from the CIA comes from many sources and takes time to vet.

"It's not something that, they will tell you, turns on a dime," McClellan said.

McClellan dismissed the Post article and a report based on it that aired on ABC News Wednesday morning as irresponsible. He specifically called on ABC to apologize for reporting Bush knew that what he was saying was false.

The actions of the special team were described to a Washington Post reporter in interviews with government officials and weapons experts who participated in the mission or had direct knowledge of it. The final report remains classified.

The trailers along with aluminum tubes acquired by Iraq for what was believed to be a nuclear weapons program - were primary pieces of evidence offered by the Bush administration before the war to support its contention that Iraq was making weapons of mass destruction.

Intelligence officials and the White House have repeatedly denied claims that intelligence was exaggerated or manipulated in the months before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003. The Iraq Survey Group concluded in 2004 that there was no evidence that Iraq produced weapons of mass destruction after 1991.

Fender963
04-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Whether you believe he lied or not it doesn't matter anymore. What is done is done. You have to realize that politicians lie all the time, everyday. It's a fact of life. Unfortunately in this case it just so happened to cause us to go to war.

Jessika
04-12-2006, 07:43 PM
To meet a politician who doesn't lie.... I'd pay a million bucks! ;)

moosmom
04-12-2006, 10:02 PM
What I don't get is why aren't we trying to impeach him like we did to Clinton for lying?? Lying is a very serious offence to people who hold office. Where's the trust after it happens??

IMPEACH THE LYING SOB!!! All those innocent lives lost because of his lies. Makes me ill!! :mad:

davidpizzica
04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
What I don't get is why aren't we trying to impeach him like we did to Clinton for lying?? Lying is a very serious offence to people who hold office. Where's the trust after it happens??

IMPEACH THE LYING SOB!!! All those innocent lives lost because of his lies. Makes me ill!! :mad:
AMEN, Donna! I fully agree. What Bush has done is far worse than anything Clinton has done and nobody wants to impeach Bush?!

Cubby'sMom
04-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Just wondering, lizbud. Where did you find this info? Seems I'm the only Bush supporter here :p Not much into politics yet though, but I have formed my own opinions, I don't base them on my family, as almost everyone believes people do. I just think war would have eventually happened anyways, but we went into it too early. I don't relish the fact that soldiers are dying, but at least they are dying with honor. Maybe that doesn't sound right, but it's not like I don't care that people are dying. I have a brother in the Marines who I miss every day. I wonder a lot whether he'll be going to Iraq soon or not.

lady_zana
04-13-2006, 04:48 AM
Whether you believe he lied or not it doesn't matter anymore. What is done is done. You have to realize that politicians lie all the time, everyday. It's a fact of life. Unfortunately in this case it just so happened to cause us to go to war.

While it is true that many politicians lie often, the problem with Bush's lies is that people lost their lives for it. People who remember when Bush's father was in office will remember the "Read my lips: No new taxes" line and know that yes, there were indeed new taxes. People lost money. Losing money is bad, especially when times are lean as they are for most typical Americans. Losing your life, your home, and your country is worse, though, by no comparable means.

Karen
04-13-2006, 05:13 AM

It would not be politically expedient for anyone to impeach him now. His party controls the House and Senate. It is also a very costly, draw out proposition, and with the Federal budget sinking further and further into debt by the moment, so one is willing to "drag the country down" with an impeachent at this time, and no one who hates Bush's persidency would be any happier with Cheney as President.

I have tried to explain to people a generation older than I that, when the first Presidency you really remember was Nixon's, you grow up knowing that politicians are never to be trusted. I don't even really remember Nixon much (but his dog) but I do remember the Impeachment and Watergate Watergate Watergate, all Watergate all the time.

joycenalex
04-13-2006, 05:50 AM
i watched the 2 most recent west wings. if bush had half the ability as the character of arnold vinick, i could be happier with that party. sigh

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
To me this is news because it confirms that he has outright lied to the American people. There had been much speculation about his lies, but this is proof positive. It's kind of like we've all along suspected him of dirty politics and now we're finding the proof to back up those speculations. Enough proof and Donna may just get her wish. ;)

On one of the news stations last night they were reading emails from listeners/watchers. Don't remember the exact words, but one said something to the effect of "The only truth in all this is that no matter how many times Bush lies, he will claim that it's not his fault that he lied." ;) :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

I haven't believed a word he has said for years now. :rolleyes:

king2005
04-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I understand it not being news (I didn't read the whole article). However I do think its a good idea they unbrainwash everyone into thinking hes a great leader so they wont vote for him again!!

I don't know how your voting system works, but we had Mr. Slanty lips in for 11 years (I don't know the #, but I know its close to 11yrs or more), which was WAY too long... My dad was a huge liberal fan & he made it quite clear to me he'll always vote Liberal no matter what comes out of my mouth. Guess who he didn't vote for liberal in Jan 2006? :D I kept on my dad & made sure he knew how bad the liberal party is (most older people fear change, esp. when it involves younger people)... I didn't want to vote for David Day when I was 18, but I refused to give the vote to the liberals or waste it on a stupid party that'll never get in.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
I understand it not being news (I didn't read the whole article). However I do think its a good idea they unbrainwash everyone into thinking hes a great leader so they wont vote for him again!!

The best news in all of this is we CAN'T vote for him anymore, even if we wanted to, and at this point the polls say there aren't too many out there that would want to. ;) Two terms (8 years) is the limit here in the good ol' U S of A, and he's two years into his last term....whew! ;) :D

king2005
04-13-2006, 11:08 AM
The best news in all of this is we CAN'T vote for him anymore, even if we wanted to, and at this point the polls say there aren't too many out there that would want to. ;) Two terms (8 years) is the limit here in the good ol' U S of A, and he's two years into his last term....whew! ;) :D

Thats good news :)
Are the other people in line seem better? I personally liked that other guy running against bush, I don't know why but he seemed nicer.