PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect?

Alysser
04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought it would be cool to see what everyone collected. I collect seashells, glass animals, and rubber ducks. :p

kimboe
04-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Hmm...Collect? I have to say I'm a fan of Butterflies. But i don't collect anything that is a butterfly for the house just accessories for myself. :)

wolf_Q
04-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Everything. :o I'm a total junk collector.

Wolf and siberian husky items....sculptures, stuffed animals (I have an entire shelf full), books, etc. If I find a siberian husky item, it's a must-have.
Hagen Renaker figures (mostly dogs) and animal figures/sculptures in general
U2 items...cds, vinyl albums (I don't even play them as I have all the cds, I just buy them, yes I'm crazy), shirts, books, etc...pretty much if it's U2 I can't walk out of the store without it.
Traffic cones and fake lemons
Scrapbooking stuff/stickers (Mostly dog items...I'm sure I have enough to make 30 scrapbooks)
Apparently I collect dog toys too as Nebo has hundreds

This would be why I can't seem to keep my room clean.......

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2006, 08:53 PM
giraffes, music boxes, dog things, CD's

G535
04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Books and computers.

critter crazy
04-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I collect Critters!!!ha ha ha ha ha!!! Actually anything animal related I collect!! Breyer horses, ceramic dogs, cats, rabbits ect....... :D

LeahMM
04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Shot glasses.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/399/dsc023317sk.jpg

Suki Wingy
04-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I collect trash ;) :p No really I'm a recovering pack rat, so collecting things isn't really what I should be thinking about. I do tend to collect
Dalmatian stuff (4 figurines, a pin, a shirt, and growing)
unique bottles
Mold-A-Rama figureines from zoos and museums (good memories :) :D I get all warm inside just thinking about those hot wax things, the smell, and spending the day at the ZOO or museum with my dad :) )
Here's a pic of just SOME of the stuff. I didn't want to get everything out. I also only buy it if I think it is cute or something. The dals just have to have a sertain "look" or they're not mine! The dirty one was a present ;)
http://longfellow.zoto.com/img/45/1415ea7ab606a520744bac672bb642f4-.jpg
I have some reall cool shaped bottles but they are tucked away on a shelf.

I also collect stuff that has to do with racing Arlington Park or thoroughbreds in general.
http://longfellow.zoto.com/img/45/d860207c7e368f184ed60fbd19c78b95.jpg
Appart from that I also have Arlington umbrella, pens, shirt, Turfway Park stuff, and a little pin that says "Thoroughbreds!" :)
Edit: I want the Seattle Slew Breyer because the horse I shareboarded's grandsire was Seattle Slew!

Roxyluvsme13
04-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I collect anything that looks cool! lol. I have a teacup with a chip, all kinds of pretty rocks, lol too many things to name xD.

pipersmom
04-11-2006, 09:16 PM
DUST! :D :D :D

dogzr#1
04-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I collect stuffed animals. I have over 200 right now.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I guess I collect dog collars...lol...Tango has 18 all to her own (all of which she wears...I get tired of one collar after a while). I always add to that whenever I see something I like. I also try to collect as many Toller things as possible as they're hard to come by.

flamepony12
04-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Bettas. :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
04-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Bettas. :rolleyes:
Nice one Devon. :D I think you only need about 50 or 60 more ;)

Cubby'sMom
04-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I collect Ty Beanie Babies and Star Wars merchandise. I have over 200 beanie babies I'm guessing, I have quite a few rare ones too. My nana worked at a Hallmark for a long time, so she would send us several every year, and she still does :) As for Star Wars, I'm guessing my twin and I got everything that was ever put on the shelf! We've both loved Star Wars since we were born practically, we have a shelf dedicated to the stuff, and more stuff around the house. We have a lot of the old retro toys they had out, which makes it so awesome! I also collect manga :o

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Books

Anything Cats

Willow Tree Angels

Royal Dawlton Figurines

king2005
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
too many things!

The biggest collection I have is my kinder egg suprise collection.. I have hundreds of them & I also found a special paper & I was a winner & got the kinder egg man plush keychain!

This is when I had enough to start a collection, theres about 50 there on the middle shelf.. the shelt was about 2 feet by 6" deep. NOW they are on a 6 foot shelf by 10" & I have about 30 starting on another shelf!!
http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album164/collection.sized.jpg

Alysser
04-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Nice collections everyone! LOL! Bri, I collect seashells. :rolleyes:

animal_rescue
04-11-2006, 10:26 PM
My mom used to collect beanie babies(still does but not so crazy about them anymore). We have a lot of rare ones and probably close to 700+. I'll count them one day! lol but until then they sit in a box. I hope to start collecting doberman stuff, anything dobie!! :D

flamepony12
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I think you only need about 50 or 60 more ;)

How about 200+ on Friday? -______-

Flatcoatluver
04-11-2006, 10:51 PM
dog leashes
I have 20 or more, I need to stop but they are coming up with so many nice leashes, most of them are for the agility leashes, but we only use one lol.

Alysser
04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
lol I have alot of dog leashes for my stuffed animals when I used to play with them lol. :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Anything about cats:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/collection-cats.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%205%20magnets.jpg
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/collection-mugs.jpg

and miniature soap in animal shapes
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%204.jpg

Vette
04-12-2006, 03:44 AM
I collect pictures of um.....someone. ;) :p
i have a wad of pictures in a folder on my computer.

i also collect little modle Corvettes. but im vastly running out of room. LOL
so i dont have very man. :(

Miss Z
04-12-2006, 04:09 AM
When I was little I collected soft toys and teddies, especially beanie babies. I still have them! I've got nearly 1000 of them and they COVER my room!:eek: People wonder how I actually get into bed at night as there's so many on my bed:p I don't want to throw them away, they were part of my childhood and I still know all their little names, plus my room would look weird without them now. I still collect a type of teddy, but now I've moved on to Steiff bears, although I only have 3! They are expensive so I just usually get them at Christmas. Two of them are now worth nearly £150.

Being a horse lover, I also collected anything horsey, and still do. There are horses posters all over my room, horse ornaments, horse toys, I even have a horse rug, backpack and pyjama bag! Now all I need is the real thing! Gawd, that would take some time to convince my parents:p :rolleyes: .

Lut, I love your cat mugs! I also have some cat mugs, I have 3 similar to the design on your mug with the orangie and black and white kittens on, and a latte mug with a scruffy little cat on it. It reminds me of my RB cat Brando, if you look in his catster you'll see what a scruffy little thing he was:( ;) .

king2005
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Anything about cats:

I have the dog version of the talking magnet kitty!

Speeking of stuffed animals, I have about 100 stuffed dogs. Right now, they are in 4 postal mail bags until I have time to finished unpacking (taking my sweet time)

zoey
04-12-2006, 07:27 AM
I collected glass animals as a kid. (still have them.)
Now I collect movies and books...oh and toys for my dog.
I'd like to collect barbies and memorabila if i had the time and space.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-12-2006, 07:47 AM
I collect ladybug things. I'll probably get rid of a lot of them soon as they are just sitting in boxes, I don't have too many of them displayed.
I also collect pez dispensers, it's more Justin's collection, but I like them too and I help him collect them. They're displayed in the snake room right now, but will be in Justin's office once we move.

lv4dogs
04-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Anything wolf related, polar bear items, and anything Aussie, Rott and Shep/husky.
I also like a lot of nature related items, such as pictures, knick-nacks etc... as well as antique items, aything from furniture to pictures to knick nacks to things like old fishing tackle, glass jars, etc...

I used to collect more things but I was so sick of dusting & the like and the clutter that I sold/donated a lot of those knick-nacks.

king2005
04-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Anything wolf related, polar bear items, and anything Aussie, Rott and Shep/husky.
I also like a lot of nature related items, such as pictures, knick-nacks etc... as well as antique items, aything from furniture to pictures to knick nacks to things like old fishing tackle, glass jars, etc...

I used to collect more things but I was so sick of dusting & the like and the clutter that I sold/donated a lot of those knick-nacks.

You'll love the fish room then hehehe.. LOTS of knick nacks in there :)

Alysser
04-12-2006, 10:08 AM
WOW! :eek: 700 beanies! That's alot!!! We have 3 bins full of beanies. :p Zara, I have that stuff to. But I put it all in the attic.

Miss Z
04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
WOW! :eek: 700 beanies! That's alot!!! We have 3 bins full of beanies. :p Zara, I have that stuff to. But I put it all in the attic.

Yeah, when I was seven and got my first hamsters, my mum forced me to put some of my toys in the attic to make space for the cages. Boy, that was some arguement!:rolleyes: They're still up there though, as by the time Marble and Flanighan (the names of my hamsters) had gone, I'd already gotten more toys to replace those ones!!!

Alysser
04-12-2006, 12:02 PM
:p It's an addiction isn't it???!? My mom gets mad if I bring one toy home! She says she's throwing it awaya nd then she lets me keep it. :p I LOVE the toys still. Even though I'm 13 lol.

Miss Z
04-12-2006, 12:10 PM
:p It's an addiction isn't it???!? My mom gets mad if I bring one toy home! She says she's throwing it awaya nd then she lets me keep it. :p I LOVE the toys still. Even though I'm 13 lol.

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, it's an addiction. I'm not as addicted as I was, but I still love my cuddly toys too! My mum used to get mad. Dusting the shelves in my room is really hard with all the stuff on them! She used to get mad with beanie babies, when I first started collecting them they were only £3.50, but gradually went up to £6.99 or more, and my mum used to moan that they were'nt worth it and were a waste of money. If she thought she had it bad then, she's got it a heck of a lot worse now, my new interest in steiff bears leaves her about £100 out of pocket, per bear! No wonder my parents call me the most efficient money reducing thing known to man! I just tell them that they don't have to buy me stuff I want, but I'll just get moody and mope and ignore them and be a teenage brat until they choose to get me it!!! LOL!!!!!:p

joanofark
04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I collect Jone's Soda Glass Bottles...... and thats about it!!! :p

Suki Wingy
04-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I guess I collect dog collars...lol...Tango has 18 all to her own (all of which she wears...I get tired of one collar after a while). I always add to that whenever I see something I like. I also try to collect as many Toller things as possible as they're hard to come by.
How do you move the rabies and ID tags over? Are they on a snap keychain? I always wanted to do that for easy changing but I thought they would be too long and anno Niño.

DrNiblik
04-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I am a total nutter when it comes to collecting. I will pick up anything from anywhere that I think I can use, provided its free. I've been told I was a jawa in a former life by my lady! Can you believe that?

Soapets
04-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubby'sMom
04-12-2006, 11:31 PM

I love toys and I'm 14 1/2(lol 1/2)! I will never stop being a child completely! I have to admit, I like playing imaginary games sometimes. It's just really fun to be someone else for a little while and get away from all of the things that are happening nowadays. :o

Alysser
04-12-2006, 11:40 PM
LOL! I don't play with the toys at least but I still get made fun of by my parents,siblings,relatives,and friends. :D I really only collect them and they sit on my shelfs.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-13-2006, 12:08 AM
How do you move the rabies and ID tags over? Are they on a snap keychain? I always wanted to do that for easy changing but I thought they would be too long and anno Niño.

They're just on one regular, round keyring. I find it easy to change. Here are a couple of pics, just incase I didn't explain it properly...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pa1a76baeeac203bead2f0df9ffb4b52e/ef767cde.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p2b604c3976c8af85f0b98f5b1973e279/ef767cdd.jpg

zoomer
04-14-2006, 12:09 PM
I collect seals

ramanth
04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Dragons!

I used to only collect the Western variety (my favorite), but my collection has expanded to include chinese/eastern dragons and wyverns. :D

Chilli
04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't collect anything in particular... though I am a pack-rat! :D

zoomer
04-14-2006, 12:12 PM
If anybody has any seal stuff they do not want anymore please tell me.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I just realized that I collect something else too. I collect TV show boxed sets on DVD. I love them. I have 31, a few are Justin's, but most are mine. I love being able to watch them commercial free and in order.

Lizzie
04-20-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't like clutter or cleaning so I don't collect anything that collects dust - except gardening books, though I use them so often that they don't get dusty. I do have a large collection of earrings, most of them $50-150 each pair, but that's happened over 15 years so it spreads out the cost. And I love high quality cooking pots and tools so I have a good collection of kitchen equipment, little of it electric.

I wouldn't say that I collect cats, because that's bad for the animals, but I do like to have a dozen in my home at any time so I'm off to the shelter again this Sunday to adopt 3 more. Then that's it for some years, I hope.

~Ginny~
04-20-2006, 04:29 PM
I collect trash ;) :p No really I'm a recovering pack rat, so collecting things isn't really what I should be thinking about. I do tend to collect
Dalmatian stuff (4 figurines, a pin, a shirt, and growing)
unique bottles
Mold-A-Rama figureines from zoos and museums (good memories :) :D I get all warm inside just thinking about those hot wax things, the smell, and spending the day at the ZOO or museum with my dad :) )
Here's a pic of just SOME of the stuff. I didn't want to get everything out. I also only buy it if I think it is cute or something. The dals just have to have a sertain "look" or they're not mine! The dirty one was a present ;)
http://longfellow.zoto.com/img/45/1415ea7ab606a520744bac672bb642f4-.jpg
I have some reall cool shaped bottles but they are tucked away on a shelf.

I also collect stuff that has to do with racing Arlington Park or thoroughbreds in general.
http://longfellow.zoto.com/img/45/d860207c7e368f184ed60fbd19c78b95.jpg
Appart from that I also have Arlington umbrella, pens, shirt, Turfway Park stuff, and a little pin that says "Thoroughbreds!" :)
Edit: I want the Seattle Slew Breyer because the horse I shareboarded's grandsire was Seattle Slew!

o.O .. I love that! Horse raceing is cool! Have you ever heard of Northern Dancer, Seabiscuit or War Admiral?

By the way, I collect my own photos, I love photography ^_^

jesse_3
04-21-2006, 02:20 AM
I collect ceramic/glass/breakable/even a couple plastic canines! It is a large collection, and growing!! I have about 100 pics that I will turn into collages(sp?) and hang on my wall. I am collecting as many dog pics as possible, and I will sometime be asking for 1 cute pic of all PT dogs or puppies on here (I do not know when).

Steph

Pembroke_Corgi
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
This is an interesting thread!

I collect welsh corgi items (I have socks, calendars, ect.), stuff for the pets, souvenirs from places I have visited (I usually buy a scarf from wherever I go too, so I have a lot of scarves) and clothes!! lol, I love to buy clothes. :p