PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed for a new job-UPDATE top of page 2

lv4dogs
04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I dropped off a resume at one of the local vet's offices this morning. The woman in charge of hiring was not in yet but my resume must of looked decent to them as they asked me to stay to fill out one of their applications (never knew of a vet office that has applications but guess times have changed, besides the resume looks better than just an application anyways) and also to speak with someone. It ended up being one of the Dr's as neither the woman in charge of hiring was in nor was the owner. It appeared to go well, lets hope it stays going in this direction.

king2005
04-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Best of luck!!!

JenBKR
04-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here! I really hope you get it, that sounds perfect for you!

Fender963
04-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Good luck! Keep us updated.

luvofallhorses
04-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Good luck, Sue!! :)

Karen
04-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Best of luck - they'd be fortunate to get you!

lizbud
04-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Good luck. i do hope you get this. :)

Anita Cholaine
04-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Good luck Sue!!Fingers and paws crossed... keep us updated!

Husky_mom
04-11-2006, 01:32 PM
wow!! best of luck on that.........good vibes your way.........

Ginger's Mom
04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Good Luck. Just remember to tell them you need off for the Memorial Day Weekend Bash. ;)

lv4dogs
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Good Luck. Just remember to tell them you need off for the Memorial Day Weekend Bash. ;)

Oh I know! I wouldn't miss it for the world, I've only been waiting a few years to go. :p
I already have reservations with hotels, friends, critter sitters, etc... I sure hope they understand and I think with me telling them right away abuot it it shouldn't be a problem, or at least I hope so.

king2005
04-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh I know! I wouldn't miss it for the world, I've only been waiting a few years to go. :p
I already have reservations with hotels, friends, critter sitters, etc... I sure hope they understand and I think with me telling them right away abuot it it shouldn't be a problem, or at least I hope so.

& don't forget about the Zoo trip :)

k9krazee
04-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Ohh, good luck! It sounds perfect! :D :D

Killearn Kitties
04-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Good luck! :D

new mom to a veiled
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Awesome Sue.......I sure hope things work out for you!!!!!! Keep us posted :p

lv4dogs
04-13-2006, 03:19 PM
They called me back already, she wanted to hire me over the phone, no interview or anything. But the pay cut would be a little more than I expected. She is letting me think about it over the weekend & I will call her Monday morning to let her know.

I know it would save me about $30-$50 a week in gas as it's a LOT closer, not to mention the hours are decent & I'd actually have more time at home too, due to the hours & less of a drive.
I don't the exact details, will ask on Monday, but I will get some sort of a discount for care of my animals. If it's a considerable discount that may be worth the job for sure.
And I do have Joe moving in with me so all my bills will be cut in half.
And if I take the job at least my foot is in the door and it's doing something that I LOVE doing!
But it's still a lot less per week. Before taxes it's about $260 less a week. OUCH

I just don't know what to do!

furrykidsmother
04-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Ouch is right! That is a big difference in pay, but if you take all the other considerations into play maybe it is worth it. What about other benefits, insurances, paid time off etc?

king2005
04-13-2006, 03:37 PM
They called me back already, she wanted to hire me over the phone, no interview or anything. But the pay cut would be a little more than I expected. She is letting me think about it over the weekend & I will call her Monday morning to let her know.

I know it would save me about $30-$50 a week in gas as it's a LOT closer, not to mention the hours are decent & I'd actually have more time at home too, due to the hours & less of a drive.
I don't the exact details, will ask on Monday, but I will get some sort of a discount for care of my animals. If it's a considerable discount that may be worth the job for sure.
And I do have Joe moving in with me so all my bills will be cut in half.
And if I take the job at least my foot is in the door and it's doing something that I LOVE doing!
But it's still a lot less per week. Before taxes it's about $260 less a week. OUCH

I just don't know what to do!

This is all I have to say.
Are you going to be happy at this job?
If you choose yes, THEN TAKE IT!!

Rob took a job for 65k, got to work from home & lots of other goodies & the people were great!! Rob got an offer with Tucows for 100k, he went to the interview & realized he would never be happy there, so he turned it down. He has gotten nearly 2 offers/week & the pay was SOOOO much greater & the beniffits were higher too. He turned them all down! Last week he was offered 100k usa for 5 months to work for IBM, or 250k cdn for a year! Know what he said? No!

Don't worry you'll pick the right answer (I personally vote yes take it, as I feel the job with your family is TOO stressful for your health)

lv4dogs
04-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Ouch is right! That is a big difference in pay, but if you take all the other considerations into play maybe it is worth it. What about other benefits, insurances, paid time off etc?

That will all be discussed Monday. I know paid time off I will loose again, I get a lot at my current job. But insurance may be better (I have ins but it stinks) and animal care may be worth it too.
But its still a lot when I am already NOT a wealthy person by any means.

Are you going to be happy at this job?
YES!!!!

I know what your saying Jess, but I almost live paycheck to paycheck as it is, $260 is a lot of money to me. This is so tough.

Uabassoon
04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Good luck with whatever you decide!

king2005
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
YES!!!!

I know what your saying Jess, but I almost live paycheck to paycheck as it is, $260 is a lot of money to me. This is so tough.

When is your b/f moving in? maybe you can speed things up a bit so you can take the job?

new mom to a veiled
04-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Sue you are a very smart lady......Do what feels right for you. Get all the info you can on Monday, and I know you will make a good solid decision. Good luck with whatever you choose {{hugs}}

Ginger's Mom
04-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm sorry I don't want to be the stick in the mud here, but that is over $1,000 a month! That is a lot of money. Is Joe going to pay that much towards your bills? Do your vet bills run that high? Or would you be willing to take a part-time job to make up the difference if you need to? I don't think you should stay somewhere that you are not happy, but I just thought I would throw that out there.

JenBKR
04-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey I didn't know that Joe was moving in with you! Sheesh, I must have missed a lot ;) Anyway, congrats on the job offer! I completely understand how you feel, I live paycheck to paycheck too, and it can be scary. Would taking this job, then still looking for another one with more money be an option? Or like someone else said, take a second, part time job? This sounds like it will be a tough decision. (((hugs))) PM me if you need to talk!

lv4dogs
04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions & thoughts but I just can ot afford to take the job at this time.
Joe is supportive of me & is willing to dish some extra cash out if need be until things get situated and the like but after a lot of thinking & speaking to the vet hospital I can't do it. Even with Joe willing to pay extra it'll be too hard. I have a TON of things to do & pay for the next 1-2 months, if I were to take this job hapf of them would have to be put on hold & that is not an option.

I was expecting a pay cut so that wasn't a big deal there, I just can't take that big of a pay cut.

I will continue to put out resumes & hopefully get a better offer not too far down the road.

king2005
04-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions & thoughts but I just can ot afford to take the job at this time.
Joe is supportive of me & is willing to dish some extra cash out if need be until things get situated and the like but after a lot of thinking & speaking to the vet hospital I can't do it. Even with Joe willing to pay extra it'll be too hard. I have a TON of things to do & pay for the next 1-2 months, if I were to take this job hapf of them would have to be put on hold & that is not an option.

I was expecting a pay cut so that wasn't a big deal there, I just can't take that big of a pay cut.

I will continue to put out resumes & hopefully get a better offer not too far down the road.

Have you tried going through a Job agency? Thats how I got into Samsung

JenBKR
04-17-2006, 10:23 AM
(((hugs))) and good luck! I completely understand, that would have been pretty tough for me too. Something will come along ;)