PDA

View Full Version : Here they are .. belly pictures *UPDATE* more pictures

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2006, 06:46 AM
I would have sworn that i've taken more.. but they must have gotten erased or something off my camera... :(

But here are the pictures that I have taken of my ever growing belly... I found out I was pregnant Dec 1... and I was 10 weeks along. I don't KNOW why i'm showing so much skin.. I guess now since i'm getting bigger.. i wish I would have just taken them with my shirt down.. I've taken them wearing the same outfit.. so I can watch the difference...

12/15/2005 around 12 weeks

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p942b9dd1e6f8d49a44d1c1ee2a130354/ef7fab84.jpg

3/24/2006 around 27 weeks

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pae25f2f295a91dcdda57a4b80d41e208/ef7f4b8d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p583a37d89583cc8f27a6f2ca43a36185/ef7f4a2b.jpg

I swear just since 3/24 I've grown soooo much more.. I'll try and take some more pictures this week so you can see the difference already since just a few weeks.....

Tinky and Jupiter are always hanging out with me... and so I gave them a kiss for being such good babies!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p4e7b61563c894834c9317299bdf711bd/ef7f44c0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p14339a0e7fecd3ec1c74a27b4ded516f/ef7f43b0.jpg

:D

I am still wrestling with a name.. but am pretty sure I've decided on Alden.. as far as a middle name .. I *think* I like Chace still... :)

Pam
04-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Thank you for indulging me!!! I came here from the other thread. :) Oh my gosh - you and my Robyn are definitely popping at the same rate. I am so excited for both of you! I will be seeing Robyn on Thursday so I will try and get her to pose for a profile shot. :)

I guess I was not up to date when I mentioned *Baby Andrew* in the last thread. :) Alden is a really nice name too. I think RobiLee will definitely approve. ;) Give Tinky and Jupiter kisses from me too. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2006, 07:02 AM
I guess I was not up to date when I mentioned *Baby Andrew* in the last thread. :) Alden is a really nice name too. I think RobiLee will definitely approve. ;) Give Tinky and Jupiter kisses from me too. :)

No ... you are very much so up to date.. It has only been in the past few days or so that I've officially *pretty much* decided on Alden ;)

kimboe
04-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Hehehe...your belly is cute. It amazes me on how fast the baby can grow so suddenly in the belly.
And I'm not to sure who's who but one of your kittys sitting in front of the bed is looking right at the camera in both shots giving a little grin. He sure like the camera :)
Alden is a nice name.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2006, 08:02 AM
And I'm not to sure who's who but one of your kittys sitting in front of the bed is looking right at the camera in both shots giving a little grin. He sure like the camera :)

That is Juptier... my big big boy!! :D

sirrahbed
04-11-2006, 08:02 AM
LOVE the pictures :D I think pregnant bellies are so beautiful and bare skin makes them even more so. My kids are now 27, 25 and 21....and I cherish the belly pics I have. I took lots of my last baby (Missy)...

Then, I encouraged my kids to be sure and take lots of belly shots and they have :)

Thank you so much for sharing Sara. I know that someday a long time from now, you will still pull out these pictures and smile :)

Cataholic
04-11-2006, 09:09 AM
You are SO adorable! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Awwwww, what sweet pics!!! Wow, baby Alden is growing like weed!!

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting the pics! I find it so amazing watching baby as it grows inside the belly! When my cousin was pregnant I use to love checking every couple of weeks to see the difference! I love looking at the kitties in the backround too! It's almost like they know what all going on!

catnapper
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
You look great! Wow, you and Ashley are due a day apart, and she's soooo much smaller than you are (no wonder everyone's eyes bug out when she says she's 7 months along - compared to everyone else, she's positively tiny!)

Do people stop and ask you how far along you are? EVERYWHERE we go, people ask Ash, and everyone tells us its a boy. How about you? Similar experiences with strangers on the street?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-11-2006, 01:51 PM
You look great, Sara!

T & J are adorable too. That silly Jupiter reminds me of a certain silly orangie in my house. ;)

PS - I like the brown hair instead of the blonde. When did you do that? ;)

Daisy and Delilah
04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Those pics are adorable! We love the cute belly shots and the cute kitties! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 04:58 AM
You look great! Wow, you and Ashley are due a day apart, and she's soooo much smaller than you are (no wonder everyone's eyes bug out when she says she's 7 months along - compared to everyone else, she's positively tiny!)

Do people stop and ask you how far along you are? EVERYWHERE we go, people ask Ash, and everyone tells us its a boy. How about you? Similar experiences with strangers on the street?

Yes, I have a lot of people asking me how far along I am... well they usually ask me how much longer I have.

I had more people tell me it was a boy than a girl.... and they were right... :D Everyone seems to have a guess though.. and some *special reason* why they think so.. It is neat how much people are interested in you when you are pregnant.. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 05:00 AM
PS - I like the brown hair instead of the blonde. When did you do that? ;)

I went brown ... about a year ago.. I looooove it sooo much better than the blonde hair.... :D Sorry it looks so greasy and yucky in those pictures.. :o

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks so much everybody for all the *nice* comments. I can't believe i'm gonna be a mommy in just two months.... Im soooooo nervous!!

Sonia59
04-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Your belly is very cute :) and I love all the pics of you and the kitties! :D

Pam
04-12-2006, 06:25 AM
I can't believe i'm gonna be a mommy in just two months.... Im soooooo nervous!!

Being a little nervous the first time around is completely normal. :) Your life is about to change forever and it will be the most wonderful change yet. I think back to the births of my own two and the joy they have brought me over the years. You are going to be a wonderful mommy and that little guy is going to steal your heart from you the instant he appears. I'll keep you in my prayers for a nice easy delivery. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Being a little nervous the first time around is completely normal. :) Your life is about to change forever and it will be the most wonderful change yet. I think back to the births of my own two and the joy they have brought me over the years. You are going to be a wonderful mommy and that little guy is going to steal your heart from you the instant he appears. I'll keep you in my prayers for a nice easy delivery. :)

Thanks so much Pam. I really can't imagine what to expect. It is going to be such a weird experience meeting him for the first time. You go through your life meeting so many different people and this is the one person I'll meet that will be my own... aghghgghghgh im just soooo nervous!!! :) :eek:

Karen
04-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Sara, that reminds me of my cousin Diane. She's adopted, we've always known that, but hey, never made a difference to us one bit. But after her first child was born, she said to me, "Hey, Karen - I found someone I'm genetically connected to!" and handed me Bethany. I thought that was cute.

Not only will you be the first person to meet this new person, you're gonna meet him over and over, as he changes and grows and becomes the person he's gonna be!

zoey
04-12-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm sure you're gonna be a great mommy for Alden.
Awwwwww, it's so exciting!

Cataholic
04-12-2006, 08:31 AM
I must second what Pam said- it is a change that will impact you all the way down to your teeniest cell, in a positive way. The love you will feel is so completely overwhelming, and indescribable.

As to being nervous? I sure was! The first night? OMG...I didn't know how I was going to manage. But, you do. And, you will. Like millions of first time moms before you. As hard as it was for me to take this advice, you truly need to just 'go with it'. Do what feels right, and what comforts the baby.

Don't listen to a single idiot that tells you, "oh, just let him cry, babies need that..." Bullcrap, and bullcrap again. That was the biggest thing I had to deal with...when Jonah cried (and, really, he wasn't a big crier), I immediately went to pick him up and soothe him. It kept his nerves, AND mine, less frayed. I could go on and on about all the lovely advice I received about how to take care of my child, and how I was doing this and doing that, and he would never do this or do that....pfuey. Pfuey. Pfuey.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 08:44 AM
"Hey, Karen - I found someone I'm genetically connected to!" and handed me Bethany. I thought that was cute.

Not only will you be the first person to meet this new person, you're gonna meet him over and over, as he changes and grows and becomes the person he's gonna be!.

~/* I KNOW*/~ HE IS ALL MINE... part of me and everything. I really can't imagine what it is going to be like to have a child of my very own.... :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 08:48 AM
As to being nervous? I sure was! The first night? OMG...I didn't know how I was going to manage. But, you do. And, you will. Like millions of first time moms before you.

The first night?!?!?!!? GOSH.. I keep my mind from even wandering to THAT!! I am just trying to find a way to understand *BIRTH*... the closer the date gets... I AM SO SCARED. I know it is possible.. but i really really don't see how I am going to be able to "GIVE BIRTH" to a baby.. physically... I really sit back sometimes and just can't believe this is happening... it is really overwhelming. I know to because THIS is really a LIFE CHANGING thing!! :eek:

Samantha Puppy
04-12-2006, 10:27 AM
You're scared? I was PETRIFIED. I was petrified about EVERYTHING - giving birth, holding him, getting to know him, taking care of him, teaching him things, losing my identity as ME and only being "Mommy" - you name it! So you are not alone and honestly, I think there'd be something wrong with you if you WEREN'T scared in some way.

In regards to giving birth... honey, if I did it (I am the BIGGEST wuss in the world), you can do it. I have a massive phobia of both doctors AND needles so I was NOT looking forward to the whole giving birth process. But it really isn't so bad. I don't know what your birth plan is but mine was to remain as comfortable as possible. I was able to have my own pajamas on for awhile. I went in with the mindset that I'd take it as far as I could go without drugs; if that meant all the way, GREAT!; if not, I was not "failing". As it was, I made it to 6-7" dialated and I couldn't take it anymore so I opted for the epidural. For me, that made the rest of the experience SO much more pleasant.

Now for some things that no one thought to tell me:

1. Your hormones will go INSANE for a few weeks after you have your baby. Even if you aren't a normally hormonal person (I'm not), you will be post-partum. It is perfectly normal to cry for no reason, even to wish things were different and that you didn't just have a baby. If your thoughts turn violent towards yourself or your baby, or last longer than 4-6 weeks, call your doctor. Otherwise, you're fine.

2. Babies aren't an awful lot of fun at first. They've been through a very traumatic experience, as have you. You don't "know" each other so it will take time to adjust. You won't know why your baby is fussing at first, so you go down the list - is it time to eat? diaper need changing? baby too hot/cold? clothes/shoes uncomfortable to baby? baby tired? baby bored? You'll hit it eventually and once you two get to bond, you'll be able to know exactly why the first time around every time he cries.

And here is one thing that was beat into my head by my mother and turns out to be VERY TRUE:

3. SCHEDULES!!!! Get him on one and keep it as best you possibly can. It may take awhile to get one going (I don't feel Aidan and I really got into one until about 9-10 weeks along), but that's okay. Once you've got it established, it makes your life SO much easier!! So get a schedule down and stick to it as best you can.

Other little hints: NEVER put your baby in his crib to do anything other than sleep (nap or for the night). Putting your baby/toddler in there for punishment or just while you go take a shower confuses them and will make it harder for them to learn that being put down for a nap or at night means it is time to sleep. If you need a "babysitter" while you shower or attend to other personal business, use a bouncy seat, swing, etc. Babies cannot see pastels or light colors for quite awhile after birth. For stimulation for baby, use BRIGHT colored toys as well as ones with black and white patterns. When it comes to other people giving you advice on how to parent, take it all with a grain of salt. NO ONE ELSE will ever know your baby like you do.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here. That's all I can think of for now. Just know that you definitely are not alone in your fears and that something deep inside of you takes over once that little baby is in your arms and once that happens, you'll know exactly what I mean. Just please don't expect to be an expert on your baby right off the bat - take some time to get to know him and trust me - in a month or two or three, you'll know everything there is to know - how to get him to eat a little more, how to get him to sleep even if he's wide awake, etc. You'll know. We all do.

jazzcat
04-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Your pictures are adorable (and I like the brown hair too).

I've never been pregnant or have any children so I have no advice but I want to thank you for sharing this with us.

Alysser
04-12-2006, 10:38 AM
You look great! Your Cats are so cute!! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
In regards to giving birth... honey, if I did it (I am the BIGGEST wuss in the world), you can do it.

My birth plans are... if it hurts too bad I'll take the epidural. I want to enjoy the experience as much as possible.. I am not out to prove I am a hero.. :)

Thanks for all your wonderful advice and words of encouragement... You guys are sooooo wonderful!!!

Cataholic
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I second SP's comments on the schedules. I have deviated from Jonah's nap/sleep schedule less than 5 times in 19 months. Now, while that might be a bit overboard to some- as a single, working mommy it is a HUGE blessing. Sure, I miss out on some activities that happen during the naptime, or, we don't do much in the evenings as bedtime routines start AT 715, it is well worth it to have a 99% happy, not overly tired child all the time.

I read somewhere that sleeping is JUST as important as eating, exercising, etc., but, so many parents just shuffle their exhausted children to all these events without thought. You wouldn't let your child eat junk as a meal every third day, so, why let him/her go without quality restful sleep every 3rd day?

I did use a playpen regularly as a safety zone. I could take the trash to the curb, take a shower, switch the laundry, etc., without fear. By 15 months, Jonah was 'done' with playpens- but, I know other people that used them much longer. I had the old-fashioned square playpen, not the pack 'n play. They are too small, IMO. Plus, the netting isn't very sight friendly.

I absolutely swear by the cat tent that covers Jones crib- huge piece of mind with a million cats. Now? Thankfully it is in place, as Jonah is the type to climb right out. BUT, I suggest using it really early on, so that the baby develops a sense of 'normal' with it..and won't freak out at 12 months when you try to zipper him in at night. Also, the zipper is kind of loud, too.

Jonah slept ON me for 4 weeks, next to me, in my bed for 4 weeks, in a bassinet, next to my bed for a few weeks, and went into his crib shortly after. NEVER had a problem with any of it. Never. I nursed him to sleep every single night (and nap time), and at one year- he simply gave up the naptime nurse, and never fussed. Even still, at 19 months, it doesn't matter if he is wide awake, or half asleep, he goes to bed without issues 99% of the time. So, if you nurse, don't listen to people that basically tell you to wake the child up before you lay him down. Which I find kind of odd- how relaxing to fall asleep at the breast, then be awoken again, and placed in a cold bed. Oh, that reminds me, I used a heating pad in Jones crib, bassinet all through the winter months- turning it on before I nursed him, then turning it off and removing it, before I placed him in bed. That way he was snuggly.

Sara, you will be a great mommy! I am so excited for you.

My Peanuts
04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
You have the cutest pregnant belly/body! I hope I look that good when I'm pregnant. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I took some more pictures today when I went home for lunch.. I feel like i've gotten soooo much bigger just in the last few weeks....

So here I am 29 weeks today....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p62964e1d4ecbd94436c64d0c20ab6f30/ef78fc86.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pa2c0babd9b335a12d5b306d8dec992c7/ef78fbe4.jpg

Here is me and my Tinky cat.. she was watching me.. so i picked her up to take her picture too

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p3835c291ca8241d74be9848787fa5854/ef78fb47.jpg

My big big boy has a belly like his mommy!!!!! :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p0605c8d11c60c4299e969418d945dbc8/ef78faa3.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 11:53 AM
trying to fix these...

thanks... :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-12-2006, 11:55 AM
You have the cutest pregnant belly/body! I hope I look that good when I'm pregnant. :)

*kiss*hug*kiss*hug*

OH thanks! :D I'll tell you one thing for sure... is I don't feel cute.. :o