PDA

View Full Version : Nebo needs your help again: 11th Annual Strut Your Mutt!

wolf_Q
04-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Nebo will be attending Strut your Mutt again this year! :) The event is on MAY 20th.

Last year with some wonderful donations (mostly from PTers!) we were able to raise $500! Our goal for this year is to reach $350 or more!

All of the donations benefit No More Homeless Pets in Utah (http://www.utahpets.org), which is a program of the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (http://www.bestfriends.org). The money doesn't just go to help dogs!

Each $20 can spay or neuter one cat; each $50 can spay or neuter one dog; and each $100 can rescue a homeless dog or cat and keep them safe until they are adopted into a permanent, loving home.

The same as every year, I'm offering a free 9x12 colored pencil or pencil portrait for a $100 donation. The portrait is of one pet, if you'd like more than one pet it's $50 for each extra pet. The money you donate goes to help homeless pets, I don't keep any of it. I'll also be happy to make signatures/avatars for anyone who donates.

You can donate quick and easy ONLINE with a credit card (it's secure) just visit Nebo's Page (http://www.active.com/donate/sym2006/nebo2006) Put Amy Quarnberg as the participant name if it asks for one. Every $10 in online donations enters me into a drawing to win a spot for Nebo in next years Strut Your Mutt TV commercial. If you would like to donate by cash, check, or money order (make them out to No More Homeless Pets in Utah) you can mail me the donations. My address is the same as on the Christmas Card list/Gift Swap, if you don't have that pm me and I'll give it to you. *If you donate online you can choose to remain anonymous* Every donation counts and is appreciated, no matter how much! :)

The event is on MAY 20th so any donations have to be made before that day! I promise to take LOTS and LOTS of photos for all of you guys! :D THANKS!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/wolf_Q/MyDogs/strutpic.jpg

GoldenLuv
04-10-2006, 10:06 PM
can you pm your address i don't have it i would like to send a cash donation might not be much but it will help it will be 10.00 if not more

Donna

oh and i do expect a pic of Nebo Mailed back to me too.. lmao

wolf_Q
04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks, I sent you a pm. :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-11-2006, 07:35 PM
So if I donated $10 I get a signature? :D I would donate it anyways, if I have any money, but just asking.

wolf_Q
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
So if I donated $10 I get a signature? :D I would donate it anyways, if I have any money, but just asking.

Yep, I can't make blinking/animated ones, but I'd be more than happy to make a matching sig/avatar.

Roxyluvsme13
04-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay :). I'll see if I can find some money to donate.

Ginger's Mom
04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey Amy, I like the idea of the donations not only going to a good cause, but also going towards a chance for Nebo to be in next year's commercial. :) Do you have any more information on that. How many dogs will they use in the commercial (just one?)? Will they then tape Nebo walking this year and use it in next year's commercial? I would love to see Nebo as a TV star. :D

wolf_Q
04-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Amy, I like the idea of the donations not only going to a good cause, but also going towards a chance for Nebo to be in next year's commercial. :) Do you have any more information on that. How many dogs will they use in the commercial (just one?)? Will they then tape Nebo walking this year and use it in next year's commercial? I would love to see Nebo as a TV star. :D

I would love to see Nebo as a TV star too. :D I didn't see any info on the website about it but I may have missed it (there's links to other pages about it on the left side). http://www.utahpets.org/strut.html I just received a paper in the mail with the registration form saying you'd get an entry for every $10 online donation. I've seen the commercials from other years and I think they had one dog doing something (like getting ready for the strut, I can't exactly remember) and clips of lots of dogs from the previous years.

Dixieland Dancer
04-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Amy, of course I will be donating again this year! How can I resist the opportunity to get another one of your fabulous drawing of my pups plus help such a wonderful cause. In addition, I can't resist Nebo's blue eyes! :D I will be donating online.

Cataholic
04-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Of course I will be willing to donate! I wonder, though, if your talents are limited to pets?????????????????

wolf_Q
04-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks so much both of you! :D

Johanna, I draw pets much more often than people, but I have attempted people too...here's a few (mostly U2 :o ) http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v14/wolf_Q/OtherArt/ So I can certainly give it a try! :)

Cataholic
04-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Amy,
Those are VERY nice!!!! So, I will put in my 'order' for a special little blue-eyed child that I know....

Pawsitive Thinking
04-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Donated online a minute ago - happy to help Nebo ;)

Uabassoon
04-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I made my donation, it's not much but I know that every little bit counts.

Dixieland Dancer
04-13-2006, 03:45 PM
I made my donation! I can't wait to see the pictures and I hope you have nice weather like last year!

wolf_Q
04-15-2006, 09:40 AM
THANK YOU for the donations everyone!! :D

Johanna and Candi, you can send my pictures for the drawings and I'll get started on them as soon as I can. My email address is [email protected] or you can mail them just pm me for my home address.

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm glad this got bumped up, so that I remembered to make my donation!!

wolf_Q
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Wow, I've reached my goal already! You guys are the best! :D

Amy thank you so much! You can send me pictures for a drawing too whenever you want. :)

Dixieland Dancer
04-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Amy, I'm sure you know how much we love Nebo and were more than happy to help him reach his goal! I would of donated even if you didn't do the drawing. That you are doing the drawing is just an extra incentive and very much appreciated!

Candy, Dixie and Dusty

Ginger's Mom
05-09-2006, 07:06 PM
I realized that this was only a week and a half away and I still hadn't made a donation yet. I really had to go searching to find it, so I thought I would give it a gentle bump in case there are any other procrastinators out there like me. :)

wolf_Q
05-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Thank you! :D

I'm getting excited to go!