PDA

View Full Version : wow...10 whole years ago. :(

jenluckenbach
04-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry, this is not cat related, but I just wanted to reminisce for a moment.

It was 10 years ago today that I lost my mom to lung cancer. :( 10 years! so hard to fathom. And yet, just today I made mention about something my mom would have said or done. She is still very much with me.

My mom never got to see me own a home of my own.
She never saw me volunteer with a cat rescue group.
The only cat that lives with me now that she had met was my Lucas.
She never got to see her great-grandaughter Anna, or her grand-daughter Cheyenne.
But I know that she'd be proud.

No need for sorrowful posts. Feel free to honor your own mom, either dearly departed or very much alive, in memory of my mom, taken from this world far too young, suffering from a horrible disease.

.........and on to the commercial! STOP SMOKING NOW, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! :(

luvofallhorses
04-10-2006, 07:15 PM
(((hugs)))

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-10-2006, 08:10 PM
So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. You'll be in my thoughts :) Even though your mother has been able to see you achieve so many things, Im sure she would be proud of her daughter. She will always be with you in your heart and thoughts.

AbbyMom
04-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks for telling us about your Mom. I'm sure she IS proud, Jen. She lives on in you, her great-grandaughter Anna, her grand-daughter Cheyenne, and all the others...

{{HUGS}}

Alysser
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
((hugs))

catnapper
04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
(((hugs))) I am sorry Jen, you never mentioned it this afternoon. I know she'd be proud of how much you give of yourself and how much you love life.

Cookiebaker
04-10-2006, 08:48 PM
{Hugs to you Jen}

I just lost my Mom (technically Mom-in-law) just over a month ago, and the pain is still so fresh. I can't even think ahead to ten whole years ahead of now, though they say it does get easier.

{{Hugs}}

finn's mom
04-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm grateful and fortunate to still have my mother, but, she lost *her* mother to lung cancer over twenty years ago, just a few months before I lost my dad. April 7th of this year was marked twenty years that my father's been gone. It does get easier, but, it's never easy. I sympathize with anyone who's lost a parent.

Lobodeb
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM
(((hugs)))
me too!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2006, 12:01 PM
{{hugs}}

How sweet of you to remember your mom. Moms are so special.. I love my mom sooo much. I imagine you miss her a lot.. she must have been one special lady to raise another!! :)

beeniesmom
04-11-2006, 12:56 PM
She did see all those things... you just didn't see her see them. :)
She is smiling on you right now.

Anita Cholaine
04-11-2006, 01:04 PM
(((hugs))) I'm sure that she is always with you, proud of having such a wonderful daughter...

Karen
04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I am sure your Mom is watching over you and your cat army, and is glad to see you as a healthy, happy person.

And I will repeat her plug: Do Not SMoke! If you do, let this be the post, the thread that pushes you to quit!

sirrahbed
04-11-2006, 01:25 PM
My mom died 5 years ago on March 21 so that anniversary just passed. I was thinking of her just this morning - when I read a post by my DIL Chris - writing about a baby blanket mom crocheted for my oldest son, and that grandbaby Misha came home from the hospital in. (catnapper did a beautiful rendering of newborn Misha in the blanket)) I was thinking how happy my mom would have been to know this blanket was being passed on as it is :) Reading your post also made me think of the things my own mom would have enjoyed like seeing our first and only home, her great-grandchildren, etc.

((((HUGS)))) to you Jen.

jazzcat
04-11-2006, 02:41 PM
In a few weeks (on May 1st) it will be two years since my Mom died. It has been such a different world for me, and my Dad. I'm still adjusting almost daily without her here to talk to and to help take care of Dad. I miss her. :(

carole
04-11-2006, 05:22 PM
What a lovely way to remember your mother, so sorry you had to go through this, i too lost my adopted uncle to lung cancer over twenty years ago now, it is a terrible disease, and now i have to watch my son smoke,and fear the worst.

Hugs to you Jen and thanks for giving us all this opportunity to remember our loved ones. :)