PDA

View Full Version : Outwit, Outsmart, Out last

Rachel
04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Pam's thread in the Cat section about eating at the table brought up this subject.

We used to have dogs who would leave the room when we announced it was *dinnertime*. Now we do not.

It doesn't bother me to have four eyes staring intently at me or my food, even if I have to elbow them them away, but it makes my husband crazy. My husband has decided to fix their food and fix our food and right as we set their food down in the kitchen, we head off quickly for the family room with our plates. The reason this works (it takes them a hot minute to eat) is that they get *seconds* and wait patiently by their dish for the seconds to be dispensed. Meanwhile we are happily eating our meal in peace. This plan had been in operation for several days. On the third day, Hannah finally caught on. It was pizza night and she wasn't going to miss the possibility of a piece of crust by waiting at her dog dish for the second helping.

luvofallhorses
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Jenny, Ginger, and Rocky lay on the floor around the table and Buster is the one who barks to get something.. :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
04-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Ah Hannah, I knew you were more than just a pretty face. ;) Can't outsmart you. So, did you tell Tucker, or did you leave him in the kitchen? :D

cloverfdx
04-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Smart dog Hannah ;). Ours are pretty well behaved, we just tell the "Go to bed" or "Lie down" and they generally abide. Then there is little Penny who paws at legs and barks till we give in or lock her in the loungeroom lol.

Rachel
04-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Ah Hannah, I knew you were more than just a pretty face. ;) Can't outsmart you. So, did you tell Tucker, or did you leave him in the kitchen? :D

WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING? TUCKER FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE.

signed,
Her H..ness

Alysser
04-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Awww! What a little smarty! :D