http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Sarge.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Sarge2.jpg

His Name is Sarge and is now 6 months old Border Collie

Muddy4paws
04-10-2006, 10:10 AM
:D :D Hes gorgeous!

luvofallhorses
04-10-2006, 10:20 AM
cute! :) where are you getting him from?

Alysser
04-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Congrats he's adorable! :D

Lori Jordan
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
He was Kept as a Stud but they have his mother and sister on sight,and dont want to get the girls fixed,so they are giving him up,his father is from Amanda Mcmillan(spelling) and she is one of the most popular Breeders in Kingston,I'm going to get him in Westport,He's a purebred, Now i just got those pics in my email and was told they would send me recent pictures as the dog is 6 months old now,So i will keep you all posted!!! I'm so excited too add another to my clan..Thank You all for the nice compliments ;)

zoomer
04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Who couldn't adore a puppy that cute! Ohhh I cant wait to see more pictures! Good luck!

Lori Jordan
04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Thank You im counting the hours lol...he is 6 months not small like in the pics...I like puppies you can train them the way you want them too do things and this dog has been an outdoor dog his whole life so im not looking forward to the potty training thing,But all dogs deserve a chance!I will post more pics as soon as i get them!

Pembroke_Corgi
04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
He's so cute!! Be sure to post some more pictures when he comes home! :D

Lori Jordan
04-11-2006, 08:47 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Sarge3.jpg[/IMG]

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Sarge1.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Sarge4.jpg

Lori Jordan
04-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Talking to the owner we have decided not to get Sarge,after lots of talking we have said we couldnt get him,The owner said he is only good on his own he does not like other dogs,im not going to put my dogs in harm and do not have the time in trianing him with my schedule!And i guess he has shown agressive behavior towards his owner also so im not sure i could get myself into that,SO Lets all hope that this little guy finds a new Home,he's a handsome boy i hope the best for him!

BC_MoM
04-11-2006, 10:25 AM
He doesn't look purebred to me. He looks like he's mixed with Shepherd! lol

That's too bad, though.. but that just means there's another BC pup out there waiting for you to find him/her and bring them into the happiness of your wonderful home! :D

Lori Jordan
04-11-2006, 10:43 AM
That is exactly what my husband said! I got the pictures and he said that aint no border Collie that is a mix!!!!

Here is a pic of his mother

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Maceymother.jpg

SHe is pretty but not well looked after
Sad i was looking forward to another baby,I was looking at the paper last night and there is 8 week old purebred pups in Ottawa close to me so wish me luck im determined to have another BC baby!

zoomer
04-11-2006, 11:24 AM
What about the father? Did you see the father? I think she looks purebred, although she could easily be a mix.

Lori Jordan
04-11-2006, 12:02 PM
It's funny the way the Male looks his father is a amazing looking stud dog!

BC_MoM
04-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Well, there's a mix somewhere in his lines.. because he isn't a purebred. Or at least, doesn't look so in my opinion! lol

How much are the puppies in the paper? I've never heard of a reputable breeder using the newspaper to attract prospective homes. Reputable breeders usually have waiting lists.

Lori Jordan
04-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Funny thing they want six hundred for him! Joke isnt it?

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, there's a mix somewhere in his lines.. because he isn't a purebred. Or at least, doesn't look so in my opinion! lol

How much are the puppies in the paper? I've never heard of a reputable breeder using the newspaper to attract prospective homes. Reputable breeders usually have waiting lists.

Actually, I found Bailey through my local newspaper. His breeder is reputable, in good standing with the CKC and has been breeding Danes since 1966. I think it just depends on what the ad says. Hers just said "Great Dane puppies available, call for more info." When a breeder lives in the middle of no where - like mine- that is the only way for them to communicate with people that live further away.

:D I hope you find your BC puppy soon!

Lori Jordan
04-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks so much i actually found some Puppies!!! lol she is sending me pictures tonight!!! so im hoping this is the thing even though in the paper,you still have to be cautious,and i had gotten my Aussie out of the Ottawa Sun and he was registerd and came from a great home.I do agree with being careful,and you really need to do research these days.Some breeders while talking to you over the phone get annoyed with so mny questions, i think they should be happy that a intrested buyer is so concerned not only some breeders charge so much for dogs these days.I used to breed German Shepherds it did cost alot for shots and all that but i was very pleased when i got a phone call that the buyer wanted to know so much!

bckrazy
04-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Honestly, I would totally accept him for a purebred. Working Border Collies are NOT bred for looks, mind you! Half the people that meet Gonzo say "Oh, he must be part Border Collie!" erm... no... he is all BC, and has papers to prove that. His breeders could care less about appearance, they wanted working puppies, not pretty foofy puppies. You should always ask for proof of breeding of both parents, and registration with a reputable club.

I would never look for BC's in the paper, but that's just me! I think you'd find way better breeders, typically, by going to herding trials or agility/flyball trials, or asking for recommendations from good herding instructors. It's absolutely true that in most cases, a great breeder has people lined up waiting for their puppies, and for good reason! They're actively involved in exhibiting their dogs and their breed club, so there's no need for a newspaper ad for people to know about their litters.

BC_MoM
04-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Working Border Collies are NOT bred for looks, mind you!

I agree. But I just don't see 100% BC in him.. maybe it's just picture. lol

Lori Jordan
04-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Well i disagree on the paper thing all my dogs have come from the paper,and as too papers they are all registerd and i have seen Mom&Dad of all my dogs.Some people that are not up and going and are just a small breeder dont have websites,so really the paper is really the only way.
I have not gotten any pictures yet of the the puppies but im sure things will be fine as to the other dog i posted he may be full BC,but i just cannot see it as too looks You can tell between a Border Collie and a Mixed Border Collie