PDA

View Full Version : Midnight bowling & why its a bad idea

king2005
04-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Rose & Francois took me out bowling sat night. Rose is my landlady & Francois is her handyman/boyfriend.

First off, trying to hold onto a 10 pound bowling ball at midnight isn't easy. Then trying to get it to hit the pins is even harder :rolleyes:

Its far worse when Francois can kick the ball several times down the lane & strike!!

We played 2 games, I got 90 something & thought that was a crapy score, as I usually get 160-180 with the large balls (I get 120 with the small balls, but we weren't playing that game). Then on my second game I got a 40!!! OMG I made gutter balls (I never do that!) & then kept hitting the same 1 pin!

But it was a free outing with new friends & we had fun making fun of my horrid score hehe.

JenBKR
04-10-2006, 09:34 AM
LOL sounds like you had fun anyway! I haven't gone midnight bowling in years, but I used to enjoy it. I'm usually happy to break 100, no matter what time of day or night :o

Karen
04-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I am the worst - absolute worst - bowler in my entire extended family. Okay, maybe Axel would be worse at the moment, but he's not even 16 months old yet. There are family members who are in leagues, we have bowling birthday parties - and I am awful. All speed, no control.

Question - in Ontario, do you bowl candlepin or duckpin? I hear much of the U.S. cheats and bowls duckpin, with those huge bowling balls and nice fat pins, but in Massachusetts, the only "real" bowling is candlepin!

critter crazy
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
ha ha ha ha!! I love bowling, I joined a league this year and was so happy to get back into it!! It has been about 15 years for me!! The problem I am having is that my son who is 6 gets higher scores than i do!!!! how sad is that!! he has been on a sat. morning league for about 6 months!! he is already into the 100's so my friend michelle has to constantly remind me what i have to get to beat him!! sometimes i do and sometimes i dont!! he he he he!!! :D

lvpets2002
04-10-2006, 09:46 AM
:) Boy howdy I havnt been bowling in a long time & I cant even stay awake till midnight & guess I must pillow bowl :D ..

king2005
04-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Question - in Ontario, do you bowl candlepin or duckpin? I hear much of the U.S. cheats and bowls duckpin, with those huge bowling balls and nice fat pins, but in Massachusetts, the only "real" bowling is candlepin!

I have no idea. All I know is that with a Large ball there are 10 round pins & with the small ball there are 6 round pins. The big balls have holes for your fingers & the small balls fit in your hand (I like these better).

Just googled it. Its not a candle pin thats for sure. Never have seen those before. Those look easier to knock down. our pins are pretty good at spinning & wobbling & NOT FALLING OVER hehe stupid pins.

Alysser
04-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I HATE all bowling.. :p

davidpizzica
04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I enjoy bowling. I've been on a Lutheran church league for 21 years now. I have a 138 average and lest nightn I bowled TWO 138s and a 170! Not bad for an old guy!

king2005
04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I enjoy bowling. I've been on a Lutheran church league for 21 years now. I have a 138 average and lest nightn I bowled TWO 138s and a 170! Not bad for an old guy!

Good job :)

I need to loose a little weight & get back into running & walking the dog for 2-4hours again. I was soooo good when I was in decent shape, but now I have flabby ass syndrome, so I'm not very good anymore :D

Anita Cholaine
04-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I really enjoy bowling, although I'm awful on it... :o

king2005
04-10-2006, 03:37 PM
I really enjoy bowling, although I'm awful on it... :o

Its the fun part that counts :)

kimboe
04-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Yep, I agree with Anita
Originally Posted by Anita Cholaine
I really enjoy bowling, although I'm awful on it...
I like it but not that very good. :)

Karen
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I have no idea. All I know is that with a Large ball there are 10 round pins & with the small ball there are 6 round pins. The big balls have holes for your fingers & the small balls fit in your hand (I like these better).

Just googled it. Its not a candle pin thats for sure. Never have seen those before. Those look easier to knock down. our pins are pretty good at spinning & wobbling & NOT FALLING OVER hehe stupid pins.

If it's not candlepin, must be duckpin! Those candlepins MAY look easy to knock down, but they're good at wobbling and not falling down, spinning and not falling, or just sliding over a bit and not falling down. At least when I bowl.

How bad am I? I'm lucky if I break 40. But I DO have fun, which is what really counts!