PDA

View Full Version : What are your pets afraid of?

Ann
04-28-2002, 07:37 AM
Tina is terrified of vacuum cleaners, thunder and fireworks (every new year's eve is awful for her).

Oliver is afraid of people sneezing and of the pitcher that I use to water my plants with (one time I let him smell it and some water dropped on his little face and he has never forgotten that).

Titti wasn't really afraid of anything actually.

What about your pets?

(Sorry if this is a subject that has been previously covered >_<)

anna_66
04-28-2002, 07:45 AM
I haven't heard it covered since I've been here! Well lets see:
Angus~well, he is deathly afraid of guns and thunder, see they kinda sound the same to him. And plastic bags..when he was a pup my husbands nephew was trying to play with him with it, and put it on his head, well, that was that, now he don't want anything to do with them! Can ya blame him?!
Roxey~funny thing, but she's afraid of Marks Zippo lighter! Ya know how it sounds when you open & close it, the snap! it makes, well she don't like that at all!
Well, that's about all I can think of them being afraid of....if I think of more, I'll let ya know!

Randi
04-28-2002, 08:30 AM
Fister is also terrified of fireworks, so we're making all sorts of plans to try and keep him away. In the bathroom he can hardly hear it and luckily he likes to lay out there on the rug. But this year, he was too curious to stay out there. The vet gave us a tranquilizer for him (Diazepam 5 mg.) that helped a lot, he seemed much more relaxed and was still able to walk around straight! :)

If we're sneezing, he'll usually jump off the bed, but not everytime, so that's a progress. Of course, he's also scared of the evil hoover, we actually had to use it to get him out from under the bed yesterday to get him in the box.

Former User
04-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Casper and Kitty are afraid of people who come here and they don't know of. Hoover used to be another thing to be afraid of, but not so much anymore. Also loud noices make them scared.

LoudLou
04-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Bonzo - is deathly afraid of the Vacuum and Brooms.

Mocha Bean - Really isn't afraid of much. She doesn't really have a scared look... more of a perturbed annoying glare when it's something she doesn't like.

Louie - What ISN'T Louie afraid of???! He's a very spoiled sheltered boy.http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/embarass.gif :rolleyes:

Sam's My Baby
04-28-2002, 10:19 AM
My duck is afraid of the mop. Dont ask my why but when he sees it he will run for his life.
My gerbil is not really scared of anything, cuz she is just so curious!;)
My birds are scared of everything. If you walk by their cage real fast, they will fly all over the place. They are scared of anything new you put in their cage until a couple days after:rolleyes:

Heather Wallace
04-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Tatty Bogles is scared of Irons. I think once he jumped on top of the ironing board and sniffed a hot iron. Ever since that he runs away from even cold irons.

Also, both cats are scared of work men.:eek:

luckies4me
04-28-2002, 03:30 PM
My birds were the same way. They would freak out whenever you would go to clean their cage and their food. My pets aren't really scared of anything. Although my cat Mystic is scared of my rats and Hedgehog. :P It's fuuny! Cheetah and Houdini are scared of the water bottle because they get squirted when they are in places that they shouldn't be.

Bunnicula05
04-28-2002, 04:25 PM
My rabbits are real jumpy. I'll be laying down on the floor and move my feet and they'll run all over to a different hiding spot. Rabbits can see far away, but not real up close, the slightest movement that they see they go running. My new fish is afraid of my finger when u tap on the glass. And my dog is afraid of guns and storms.

Cincy'sMom
04-28-2002, 07:24 PM
Sadie doesn't seem to be afraid of anything, except maybe upsetting mom or dad. If she even thinks she did something wrong, she will run up and give you kisses to try to make it better.

Cincy doesn't like loud noises, including the vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, or anything falling over. She will back away, check out what it is and then usually bark at it. She doesn't seem to mind thunder though.

My neighbors have a Vizsla puppy who is afraid of everything and everyone. She won't even come all the way to the back fence to see Sadie and Cincy. She wants to...she just can't quite get the courage up. She starts to come toward them, and then hides behind the tree and peeks out. I have suggested to the neighbor he might consider taking her to puppy classes for socialization, ( or let her come over to play at our house) but they are not the friendliest people in the world, so I haven't had a chance to see if they have. Beautiful dog, just SOOOO timid!

Crikit
05-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Hmmm there was a time when Smudge was scared of people in winter coats, now he really doesn't seem to be afriad of anything at least that I can tell...he get's a little hesitant around strangers and new situations, but that's about it.

Winter on the other hand is terrified of my dad's air compresser she sees it and she hides, she also doesn't like power tools...she getting better about the vaccum and such. I don't know how she'll handle fireworks or thunder though we haven't had a thunder storm since we got her and fireworks don't really happen in the winter in Calgary. She also seems a little freaked out by the garage which is understandable considering what happened before we got her.

Pam
05-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Trevor is afraid of anything in a squirt bottle since we used it on him when he was a kitten. Nowadays if I even get out the Windex he runs away! :D He's not real thrilled with the vacuum cleaner or sudden knocks at the front door.

Andy is just about afraid of his shadow. He is always on "high alert" for anything out of the ordinary but is terribly afraid of people coming into the house. If he doesn't know them he will not appear until quite some time after they have gone.

Bella is pretty fearless. I haven't really seen her afraid of anything yet. One night we had a very loud thunderstorm and her tail went between her legs a couple of times but that was about it!

Logan
05-01-2002, 09:50 PM
My Honey is not afraid of typical things like fireworks and thunder....just everything else. :rolleyes:

Lilly's fear seems to be with thunder lately.....just the last two thunderstorms we have had. Otherwise, nothing scares her. She is the friendliest of the friendly!!! :)

Fuzzy317
05-01-2002, 10:18 PM
When I change the garbage bags in the kitchen, my cats are afraid when I pop them fully open. My alpha dog, Eli, is afraid of baths. :confused: