PDA

View Full Version : Question about laptop battery...

Cookiebaker
04-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I just recently got a brand new lap top, and it is great!! It's an HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC, with wireless internet, etc.

My question is, how long should a battery last?? No joke, this battery is dead within an hour and a half of unplugging it; and then it only takes about 20+/- minutes to totally charge up again. I am playing music nearly all the time on it. Is this normal?? It just really seems like a short time between chargings! Thanks for any input!!! :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, usually if you just have it on without doing anything it's supposed to have up to 3 hours battery life, (well at least mine does). Playing the music probably lowers the battery life, but I definitely know if you play a game or anything it lowers the battery life. By battery life, the time between the chargings, not the overall life of the battery, lol, if you get what I'm saying. Hope I helped a bit! :)

Lady's Human
04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
That's not surprising for time between charges on a laptop. Most machines don't do well if you're doing something like playing music constantly, because the hard drive and sound card are constantly running.

G535
04-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Definitely normal although it varies a bit between brands.