PDA

View Full Version : Weekend with a beagle pup

IRescue452
04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Our family spent the weekend babysitting my uncles new hunting beagle, Max. She's 6 months old. Oh boy what a weekend. Poor Autumn is getting too old to play all day with a pup. Max is an outdoor (heated garage) dog. She's housetrained, but not used to anything in the house. There are children's toy everywhere and everytime we turned around she'd have something new in her mouth. She got one of the kids talking elmo toys and we turned it on. She jumped away from that as fast as possible. Then Sonny swatted her and now I don't think she'll ever touch a cat again. Everytime Autumn went out of her sight she'd howl. You could tell that it hurt Autumn's ears. She lost two baby canines Saturday, probably in Autumn's ears or stub tail. Autumn has tiny holes all over her body I swear. I took Autumn for a walk to chase birds this morning so she could get away from this cute but exhausting pup. I got pictures, in my 35mm camera. I know I'm way overdue. I'm going home Thursday so I'll drop the film off then. I wish I had money for a digital but this summer's savings goal goes to a microchip for Autumn.

Ginger's Mom
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Sounds fun but exhausting. :) Beagles really are adorable puppies. I find them irresistible. Can't wait for the pictures. We haven't seen Autumn for a long time.

BOBS DAD
04-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh... I can't wait to see the shots. As you know, I am quite partial to Beagles. I've mentioned before that my Dad always had Beagles when we were growing up and he occasionally bred his and we would see a litter born and raised to their 8 weeks weaning period. He always had buyers lined up (just modest fees - usually friends or associates of his hunting buddies). Usually whoever he bred his bitch with would get pick of the litter (free for the stud service) and my Dad would usually keep one (picked my brothers and I) and the others were sold for modest fees.

I still think to this day that there is "no puppy" cuter and more energetic than a Beagle pup!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pb1572debceb68003dcde5bd002fa4ac5/efa125c4.jpg
My Beagle Ginger on the Hunt!!!