PDA

View Full Version : Ontario's worst mass murder!!

king2005
04-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Murder in heartland
Gang rumours spread after 8 bodies found

SHEDDEN -- Eight men were found dead inside four vehicles discovered yesterday a few hundred metres from each other on a tract of southwestern Ontario farmland in what is believed to be the province's worst mass murder.

The startling discovery earlier yesterday raised the spectre of a underworld battle, as police took the unusual step of bringing in a covered transport truck to remove the vehicles with bodies in tow under the cover of darkness. They were to be taken to the coroner's office in Toronto.

"I've never seen (a case) where they've taken the vehicles together," OPP Const. Doug Graham said.

'I'M ASTOUNDED'

The discovery shocked residents of Shedden, a quiet village about 30 km southwest of London known as Ontario's rhubarb capital.

Stan Lidster, the 60-year-old deputy mayor, said the murders had the markings of organized crime.

"At least, myself, I'm astounded eight bodies were found in Southold Township," Lidster said. "It's got to be an organized crime."

Police were not disclosing many details about the bizarre crime scene, and refused to confirm reports that the men had been shot to death.

"We're not in a position to reveal how they were murdered," OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor told a news conference about eight hours after the bodies were found by the property owner at about 8:30 a.m.

"I won't confirm at this point what the persons were killed by."

Surrounding Elgin County has a history of biker activity. Several motorcycle clubs have been active in the area, including the Loners, the Bandidos and the Hells Angels.

In separate incidents in 1994 and 1998, the bodies of a man and a woman were found in the area. Neither murder was ever solved.

Here's what police revealed and Sun Media learned yesterday:

- The bodies of eight Caucasian men were found inside several vehicles about 8:30 a.m. by a resident of the area, just west of St. Thomas and south of Hwy. 401.

- It's unclear which bodies were found where.

- One vehicle contained four bodies, sources said.

- One car, an Infinity, was parked about 10 metres off the road on the western edge of a 10-hectare (25-acre) woodlot.

The body of a large, heavyset man clad in a dark sweatshirt, striped pants and white running shoes was visible in the hatchback of that car.

Another car was parked further east, just off the road.

The plates on that car indicated it is registered to Avis Car and Truck Rentals in Etobicoke. An official there would not disclose who rented the car. The third car was hooked up to the tow truck, parked at the side of the road between the two other cars.

The tow truck at the scene bore the company name, Superior Towing, from Etobicoke.

A person who answered the company's phone confirmed a driver and truck were missing, but knew no other details.

"We're not too sure what's going on," said the man, who refused to disclose the driver's name.

FEW CLUES

Residents could offer few clues.

"I heard the dog barking at 3 a.m.," said Roy Brown, who lives at the corner of Mill Road and Stafford Line. "I just figured it was some animal."

As soon as the discovery was made, police blocked both ends of the road and investigators began scouring the property.

Neither Ontario's coroner nor the Attorney General's office would comment.

Police, whose cruisers blocked the road well into the evening, stopped cars to ask drivers what they had seen.

No more details were to be provided until a news conference slated for this morning.

CAUTION!!!!
The 6th photo shows a dead man in a trunk
8 photos of the crime scene (http://www.ottawasun.com/PhotoGalleries/Massacre/2006/04/09/1527205.html)

Suki Wingy
04-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Terrible! :( :mad:
But are we forgetting the poor pit bulls?

jackie
04-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Whoa, scary stuff.

Huh? :confused:

king2005
04-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Terrible! :( :mad:

What on earth are you talking about Pit bulls? What Pit bulls? This is a human Mass Murder, they were shot with guns, not attacked by Pit Bulls

Miss Z
04-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Eek:eek: :eek: :eek:

You can never be safe anywhere as there's guaranteed to be some sicko around somewhere:(

king2005
04-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Eek:eek: :eek: :eek:

You can never be safe anywhere as there's guaranteed to be some sicko around somewhere:(

I got a little more info on the story. Looks like its gang related & there is a suspect or gang suspected (I didn't catch the whole story I was on the phone). The men were shot (that was finally confirmed).

elizabethann
04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I got a little more info on the story. Looks like its gang related & there is a suspect or gang suspected (I didn't catch the whole story I was on the phone). The men were shot (that was finally confirmed).

I think I heard it was a motorcycle gang. Perhaps Hells Angels. But don't quote me...just what I've heard through the grapevine.

Pretty scary stuff.

king2005
04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I think I heard it was a motorcycle gang. Perhaps Hells Angels. But don't quote me...just what I've heard through the grapevine.

Pretty scary stuff.
I know. But if your a good person there in no need to fear the Hells Angels. I've met nearly 200+ members several summers ago. I got a grand tour of their lovely bikes & then left.

Suki Wingy
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
What on earth are you talking about Pit bulls? What Pit bulls? This is a human Mass Murder, they were shot with guns, not attacked by Pit Bulls
I mean when the government of Ontario decided to euthenise all pittie with out homes. That was MASSive

Lori Jordan
04-12-2006, 07:29 AM
When did that Happen?

zoey
04-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Chilling
I wonder what happened...

king2005
04-12-2006, 08:30 AM
I mean when the government of Ontario decided to euthenise all pittie with out homes. That was MASSive

It also wasn't murder.

When did that Happen?

last weekend or something like that. I'm suprised it wasn't in the EMC paper. It was in the Ottawa Sun & my friend said it was 6 pages long & the cover was of the body in the trunk (just what everyone wanted to see first thing in the morning)

Chilling
I wonder what happened...

Its gang related, so its more then likely about drugs.

Lori Jordan
04-12-2006, 09:12 AM
I dont get the paper nor watch the news that is horrible!

king2005
04-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I dont get the paper nor watch the news that is horrible!

I assumed you got a paper, as you knew about the AMC

Alysser
04-12-2006, 11:15 AM
That's reallly scary! :eek: Why did he hear a dog barking? :confused:

king2005
04-12-2006, 11:31 AM
That's reallly scary! :eek: Why did he hear a dog barking? :confused:

a neighbours dog was barking becasue it heard gun shots.

Alysser
04-12-2006, 11:57 AM
:o Oh, sorry for that. Either way I hope the people who live around thier are safe.

jackie
04-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Yes, but it has nothing to do with multiply killings by gangs.

king2005
04-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I'll try to watch the news tonight (I HATE the news) to see if there is an update on the case.