PDA

View Full Version : Let's all "name a baby".

jenluckenbach
04-09-2006, 06:52 AM
I LOVE names. (is that why I have so many pets?? LOL) And with all the babies due it would be interesting to see what name you would pick if you had a baby today.

-Pick a girl's name and a boy's name.
-pretend you have to choose right now (and only post the 1 name you want)
-You can't pick the name of the child you already have, it must be a new name for your NEXT baby.

Over the years my taste in names has changed, but these are the 2 names I always imagined that I would use.

Monica Anna Catherine

and

David John Charles

(I love 2 middle names) So what are your choices??

joanofark
04-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Cecilia Germaine

and

Uhg, I can't do boy names, can I do another girl?? Lol :p

Samantha Puppy
04-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Benjamin Gabriel

or

Rachel Victoria

Miss Z
04-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Lydia Marianne

Alexander Nicolas

Nomilynn
04-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Braeden Thomas for a boy - I LOOOOOVE the name Braeden and my ex, who I though I would marry, hated it. Well.. since he's the EX I can start trying to convince the bf I have now lol!

For a Girl.. Hannah for a first name but not sure about a middle yet.

BaileysMom
04-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Amayaleigh Rosaria ''Maya''
and
Nikolaus Terry(n) / Nicholas Terry(n)
not sure what spelling i like best though and if i should use Terry or Terryn lol

DrNiblik
04-09-2006, 12:32 PM
BOY- John Seamas
GIRL- Autumn Dawn

Cats?

BOY- Bodger Nuggins
GIRL-???

Kfamr
04-09-2006, 01:06 PM
I've ALWAYS loved the name Beatrice. I don't really, really, really like and boy names but IF *IF* IF I have children, and I have a little girl, her name will be Beatrice -something-

Beatrice Roslyn (Rozz-lyn) maybe?

Roxyluvsme13
04-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Michelle Alise
or
Morgan Tate

joycenalex
04-09-2006, 01:10 PM
;) i'm never going to have children, but i kept these names for just in case,
dianna lea and ethan edward.

kimboe
04-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Janilyn Dyami

Eh, For a Boy I think I would leave it to my Man. ;)

Cat's Meowm
04-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Shelaigh Leighanne

Gregory Kent

critter crazy
04-09-2006, 01:45 PM
well for a girl name i just love Kaitlyn Elizabeth
and for a boy name i love Jordan Micheal :D

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Camille Marie or Marie-Claire

and

William Paul or David Gordon

David Gordon because it is a tradition with my bf's family! Every generation it switches from Gordon David, back to David Gordon! I don't really like the name Gordon but hey! My poor bf got stuck in the generation with the first name Gordon haha! I call him Gord for short!

Suki Wingy
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Layla Monahan
In memory of my pupper Layla. Monahan because in my family we don't change our "maiden" names and give them to our children as middle names. (My middle name is my mom's last name. My sisters both have the same middle name as mine.)
I don't know as far as boys names but something not common, but not too hard to pronounce.
oh and I just wanted to add in that I hope I don't ever have kids, at least not if I don't change because judging from watching my little half sister and half brother (different moms) I'd be a terrible mom.

Suki Wingy
04-09-2006, 02:16 PM
I've ALWAYS loved the name Beatrice.
My little sister was almost Beatrice "Bea". I thought they were joking when my dad called me from the hospital to tell me Lindy was born!

jenluckenbach
04-09-2006, 02:26 PM
William Paul or David Gordon

David Gordon because it is a tradition with my bf's family! Every generation it switches from Gordon David, back to David Gordon!

Same in my family. My Dad is John Ralph, my oldest brother and grandfather are Ralph John. (but my oldest brother has only girls, so no John Ralph this generation.)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-09-2006, 02:26 PM
For a boy, I LOVE the names Joshua and Anthony. For a girl, I'd have to think about it...:)

carole
04-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Well there won't be anymore kids for me for sure, lol, but we did think after Melissa briefly about another and this was the names we liked.

Angelina Marie .,but i love Katelynn too.

Brendan Stephen for a boy.

catnapper
04-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Tee hee, Jen where on earth would this subject have come up... wouldn't have anything to do with Ashley now would it? ;)

So far we like Nicholas Andrew but two things became apparent.... our dog is named Nicki. Ummmm... wouldn't it become confusing to have two Nicks in the hosue, and the poor child might grow up thinking he was named after a dog! :eek: Second, Nicholas is #4 most popular name in Pennsylvania this year, so he'd be one of a dozen Nick's in his grade.

So now we're thinking Adam or Cory -- both names are something everyone here like (even hubby! :eek: ) No middle names to go with either name yet.

For a girl, I promised my grandmom that I'd name my child after her -- Lillian, though I'd have done Lilli and dropped the "an".... but since I'm not having a child I'll name my next dog after her (and she'd be very proud!) As for Ash's baby, we pretty much stopped looking for girl names since we are pretty sure it'll be a boy. Its just a feeling we have, plus all those old wives tales are agreeing with us ;)

jenluckenbach
04-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Tee hee, Jen where on earth would this subject have come up... wouldn't have anything to do with Ashley now would it? ;)

Maybe :o ;)

So now we're thinking Adam or Cory -- both names are something everyone here like (even hubby! :eek: ) No middle names to go with either name yet.

I LOVE Adam! (no comment on Cory :p) Just make sure the middle name does not start with an "S". (think of his initials :eek: )

we pretty much stopped looking for girl names since we are pretty sure it'll be a boy. Its just a feeling we have, plus all those old wives tales are agreeing with us ;)

Now I KNOW it will be a girl...............hee hee.

There are so many names on this list that I really like! :D (which amazes me, as I am super particular about what I like) :rolleyes:

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-09-2006, 05:09 PM
As for Ash's baby, we pretty much stopped looking for girl names since we are pretty sure it'll be a boy. Its just a feeling we have, plus all those old wives tales are agreeing with us ;)

All of my signs pointed to a boy as well. I carried low, craved sour things etc. I was sure I was having a boy, but I ended up having a girl! I think this one is a boy, but I won't find out until my next ultrasound. :D

animal_rescue
04-09-2006, 05:15 PM
For a girl it would be Charlotte Fawn or Jordan Ellen
I've loved the name, Charlotte, ever since I was a little girl (it was actually my almost name along with "Buck" and "Raquelle") and it would be after my dad, Charlie and Fawn after my mom, Bambi. Jordan would be after one of my best friend's Jordan and Ellen after my twin Rachel Ellen.

For a boy it would be Dominick not sure about a middle name.

however, I don't want kids but if I do have them, that's what I would name them!

carole
04-09-2006, 05:17 PM
My niece who is due in October ,yes for those who missed my post I will be a great aunt and this is the first great grandchild in our family, have already chosen their names, Jordan James for a boy, James is her fathers first name, and Paige or Tiffany for a girl, they were going to name a girl Paige Margaret,margaret being my sisters name, but with S being their surname initial, that mean't her initals would be PMS, oops NO figured not worth the poor girl getting a hard time all her life. :D

jackie
04-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Stella and Jakob

catnapper
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
however, I don't want kids but if I do have them, that's what I would name them!
Neither did Ash, yet here she is, at 18, having a baby! ;)

Jen, yes, we had already thought of initials, which is why hubby suggested Scott.... some sense of humor he has! :rolleyes: (Folks, our last name begins with S, so put the letters together!)

sirrahbed
04-09-2006, 06:28 PM
girl - Misha Grace

boy - Tyler Joseph

these are the names of my grandchildren and are my very favorite boy and girl names ;)

Sirrahsim
04-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Boy:
Alexander (Xander)

Girl:
Sara

Middle names are up in the air. We changed our minds on Tyler's middle name quite a few times before we decided to give him his daddy's middle name.

kuhio98
04-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I always thought I'd use: Cathryne Anastasia
Cathryne is my mother's name and Anastasia was my mother-in-law's name. With my last name, her initials would be CAT :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I never, ever, ever want kids but if I did I'd most likely name it Kirsten...not sure why, but I've always loved that name. I have no names for boys.

G535
04-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm far too old for kids but names would probably be Kathleen and Patrick.

CagneyDog
04-09-2006, 10:41 PM
For a girl:
Scarlett June
Morgan June

Eh, I can't really think of boys names...Probably Adam.

Kfamr
04-09-2006, 10:44 PM

My cousin's name is Cory Alan. I like it. :)

Soapets
04-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Andrew James

Shasta Mae

captain
04-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Boy - Spencer David
Girl - Savannah Lilly

finn's mom
04-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I like Violet Grey for a girl

and

Simon for a boy, not sure about a middle name.

but, those are just names that i just sort of thought of, i have no idea really what my children's names will be, although Violet is one I really like.

manda_moo87
04-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Gosh, I have soooo many names picked out! I'm hoping to have four kids (someday)... but here are my favorites.

Gabrielle "Gabby" Alexis

Ethan Alexander

CalliesMom
04-10-2006, 07:25 AM
For a girl, I like Alyssa Nicole.

For a boy, I like Joshua Aaron.

Samantha Puppy
04-10-2006, 09:47 AM
catnapper and flutter ~ You really ought to have a girl's name picked out *just* in case. When I first got pregnant all the way up until the 20 week sonogram, I was CONVINCED I was having a girl. All the signs, all the old wives' tales, ALL of it all pointed to a baby girl.

As we all know, I am now a proud mommy to AIDAN JOSHUA, a bouncing baby boy, who in fact, just discovered his penis for the very first time today.

Have a girl's name picked out - just in case.

catnapper
04-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Jaime, we just talked about this very thing! Ash had a dream last night that she was shopping with a little girl in a summer sundress. Is her intuition telling her something about this baby? Or is she just dreaming of another child in the future? Hmmmm... so much to think about!

On a side note, I was looking at names online last night. I saw the name Skyler. If you knew our last name, you'd know how ridiculous that would be -- its in line with Pete Peterson or Tom Thompson. I jokingly mentioned it to hubby and he LOVED the name, thought it had a certain ring to it! :rolleyes: Yeah, it had a ring because it was repetition (sp?) of the same name! :p

lvpets2002
04-10-2006, 10:40 AM
:) Sophia Dawn if a girl
if a boy Nathanal Micheal

carole
04-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Captain i also love the name Savannah, :)

Another fav girls name is Brianna Rose

And for a boy Lance Ryan.

Husky_mom
04-10-2006, 04:08 PM
boy: Alexander (still not sure middle name, i´ve been changing it for a while)

girl: i have a few i dont wanna jinx cause i want a girl next, but heres one i thought of first Samantha Cheyenne

and just for the record we have similar name likeability here also my kid name is Joshua Isaac

i also like Morgan :D

k9krazee
04-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Hmmm...I really can't ever see myself with kids, they are definately not for me...BUT IF (and that is a GIANT if...) I ever do have kids these are the boy names that I like

Tegan
and
Aiden

Not sure on middle names...and I really don't like many girl names!

Anita Cholaine
04-10-2006, 05:02 PM
For a girl: Sophia Nicole or Lauren Amanda

For a boy: I like Jordan, Jake, Alex and Axel, but I don't like how they sound together...

sirrahved
04-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Tess Anastacia
Tobias William

I'm praying for my babies to join me!

MomToThree
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
For a boy it would be Corey Ivan. The first name is after my husband and the middle is after my father.

For a girl it would be Kathrine something. That is after me. I am not sure on a middle name though.

wolfsoul
04-10-2006, 07:57 PM
For a girl, either Lorelai or Hunter. Not sure what I'd want for a middle name. Maybe my name, Jordan. Or possibly my friend's name, Kelly, because she saved my life.

For a boy, probably Gunner Blake (My dad's name is Blake).

*iluvskipper*
04-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Bianca Marie
or

Devon Kyle

captain
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
For a girl, either Lorelai
For a boy, probably Gunner Blake.

My cousin here in Australia named her daughter Lorelai .....

and

I love your choice of boys' names.

Suki Wingy
04-10-2006, 09:41 PM
For a boy it would be Dominick not sure about a middle name.
I love that name. My little brother is named Dominic after our great(X4) grandpa Dominick who was the first of our family to move to America 150 years ago. ;)

Aspen and Misty
04-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not good with middle names, but as far as first names go I love the names..

Girl - Rebekah
Boy - Jaxom

Ashley

mruffruff
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
My only sister has a son named Adam and one named Corey Matthew. My son was Scott Allen.

My first grandaughter was named Teresa Marie. The second is Stefanie Mikala.

Cataholic
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Hmm.....let's see.....Jonah Parker!!! of course, of course, with a nickname of Jones;

and, for a girl? Absolutely Lilyana Grace!!!. Not that I am having another child..but, that was the name I had all ready for this last time. ;)