PDA

View Full Version : You know what really STINKS>??

ashleycat
04-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Charlies farts. OMG today is a bad day. All day our house smells like rotten balogna. He had a good past few days w/o farting. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's from the food that he took from my DD lol.. Whatever it is, it stinks.

AND another thing. I think it's his paws that make the dog smell. How do you get those clean? Use just a wash cloth and what else??

lute
04-08-2006, 12:53 PM
oh my gosh! Gracie can fart like nothing else! there have been many time on our way to dogshows we have to pull over to get a breather!LOL

ashleycat
04-08-2006, 12:56 PM
And o man, they can be sooo loud. YOu would think he was human. roflol

zoomer
04-08-2006, 12:57 PM
It's kind of funny we're sitting her talking about dog farts, huh? ;) Alaskas are just... killer! DEATH FARTS! lol

Chilli
04-08-2006, 12:58 PM
lol! It probably was something he ate. :)
Ethan is the worst here when it comes to gas. :D You can even hear his! He has a sensitive stomach, so he easily aquires gas. :rolleyes:

And about the paws... I'm not sure. I wonder why his feet stink. Both of my guys feet don't have any odor to them at all. :confused:
Good luck!

ashleycat
04-08-2006, 01:28 PM
His feet are what I'm smelling. Don't they sweat thru their feet??

His skin is flaky, can they get dandrif? Or is it a reaction to something?

Don't worry, I'm taking him to vet for other reasons.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/babybrookie/100_1766.jpg

bckrazy
04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Considering that he has bad gas, itchy/smelly feet, and itchy skin, I think you might want to re-think what you're feeding him... this all sounds like standard reactions to a food allergy!

You should ask your vet about what you could avoid, and you can try out different kibbles and see what works. Nutro Natural Choice is a good product for allergies, because it's widely available (at any Petsmart, Petco, or feed store) and they have lots of formulas that can help allergy-prone dogs. I think you said you feed him Iams? Iams has lots of corn, wheat, by-products, etc etc, which is not nutritional and can easily flare up allergies. Try a Nutro product with Oatmeal, OR you can find Natural Balance at Petco, and they have awesome products for dogs with food allergies.

Nutro Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, and Rice for sensitive stomaches ~ http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=1479&PC=productlist&Nav=183&N=22%2092%2030%20535&cp=2&Nao=12&sku=526983&familyID=2525&

Natural Balance products for allergies/sensitive stomaches ~ http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=3834&PC=productlist&Nav=183&N=22%2092%2030%20169&sku=943312&familyID=12456&
http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=3590&PC=productlist&Nav=183&N=22%2092%2030%20169&sku=996874&familyID=13791&
http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=6003&PC=productlist&Nav=183&N=22%2092%2030%20169&sku=822191&familyID=9751&

Also, that's the cutest pic! He's SO adorable :p

ashleycat
04-08-2006, 03:10 PM
WOW, come to think of it. He did start all this a couple days after I got him. A couple days of Iams. I'll have to tell my mom too. She feeds her Golden retreiver mix this, and he's got skin allergies and she says he smells like :a dog: lol
thanks!!

bckrazy
04-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I really hope you find something that works for Charlie! Bad dog gas is NO fun :p... Gonzo had disgusting gas on a different food because he does not do well with Lamb, now that he's on Evo he never has any gas and his skin/fur is awesome. Dogs are just like people, some foods just don't settle with them. Switching from Iams to a better food should also greatly reduce the backyard "clean-up"!

ashleycat
04-08-2006, 03:26 PM
See, and my mom told me Iams was the best. LOL, even for back yard pickups. LOL

eta... Thanks for the coment. Gonzo is cute too. Charlie has a baby face for a 4 year old. The way he acts tho, you'd think he still had some puppy in him. lool

buttercup132
04-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Theres a brand called performatrin ultra sold at pet values it is amazing food its got so much good stuff. The first ingredient is meat on all the flavors wich is a major yes, its made with blueberries,carrots,kelp and tons tons more veggies and fruits it's just so good for them. Mind you it's a little bit pricey but it's really good.

Lori Jordan
04-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Charlies farts. OMG today is a bad day. All day our house smells like rotten balogna. He had a good past few days w/o farting. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's from the food that he took from my DD lol.. Whatever it is, it stinks.

AND another thing. I think it's his paws that make the dog smell. How do you get those clean? Use just a wash cloth and what else??

You know why are Aussie's smell so bad when they do fart? I have come to the conclusion,and it is because they have no tails to muffle the smell lol!!! Lacy farted one night it was hilarious she looked at me it was so loud she scared herself and started sniffing at her rear lol..GOTTA LOVE OUR AUSSIES !!

BOBS DAD
04-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Sometimes Feet Smell When A Dog's Ears Are Infected Or Have A Yeast Buildup. This Is Because They Are Always Scratching Into Their Ears, Will Lick Their Paws (making Their Breath Smell Too) And Get Back At Diging In Their Ears. You May Want To Check His Ears For Yeast (dark, Sootylike Coating In Ear Folds) - The Ears Will Also Smell Too!!!