PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of sleep...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-08-2006, 06:42 AM
I got two hours tonight. This is graphic and "women" related... beware.

Mom woke me up at 3:30am complaining of intense bleeding and pain. She got a pap last week and they told her she has a polyp the size of her pinky nail on her cervix. Ever since they "poked" around with this polyp, she has been bleeding when she urinates. Last night she was up every hour going to the bathroom and changing a filled tampon.

She was bleeding, so she woke me up and said I needed to take her to the ER. We sat, they did another painful pap, took some blood, and put in an IV. We waited, and waited, and waited... me nearly falling asleep, but they finally came back with blood test results at 6:20am. Not was URGENTLY wrong, her blood count was a little low (obviously) and she is coming back next week to possibly get the polyp removed.

I'm EXHAUSTED! Despite completely HATING her right now, (see cat general) she IS my mother and she was terrified to the point of tears.

Now, with only two hours of sleep, I have to be into work in an hour.

Yippee. :rolleyes:

moosmom
04-08-2006, 08:21 AM
ILoveMyAbbyGirl,

You did the right thing. It's okay to be upset with her for what she did. But she's still your Mom. Like I say about my brother, who I am estranged from, I love him because he's my brother. That doesn't mean I have to LIKE him.

You done good, kid.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-08-2006, 11:22 AM
I was supposed to work from 8-1. Leslie, my manager came up to me and was like, "You look REALLY tired," so I told her what happened and that I only got two hours of sleep. Then she said, "So what you're saying is, if I get the chance to let you go home early, I should, huh?" And I replied, "Well no, if you wan't, you can, but you definitely don't have to, seeing how busy it is."

She walks away, and the other manager, JoEllen, comes up to me and says, "So what happened to your mom?" So I repeat the WHOLLLE story over again, and she just says, "Wow."

At 11, another checker comes to take my place. I figure I'm going on break, so I walk over to the manager to see where to put my till. She looks at me, smiles, and says, "Go home. Get some sleep." I was like, "Really?" and she said, "Yep, totally. Don't worry about it."

Just something little like that made my day so much better. I really appreciate their sympathy and for letting me go home two hours early, even though it was considerably busy... :eek:

kimboe
04-08-2006, 04:27 PM
That was nice and understanding of your bosses. :)