PDA

View Full Version : Poor Pet Display!

Bunnicula05
04-27-2002, 10:54 PM
I was in Moberly today. My Mom, little brother, and I went to Wal-Mart first and I got some veggies for my rabbits. I got them some brussel sprouts for the first time. I serve them whole, should I cut the brussel sprouts up for them? They've eaten on them a little. Then I got a little ceramic fish statue for my fish tank. It's a sign that says "NO SKINNY DIPPING!" LOL. Then My Mom went to Aldi's while I went to Orscheln's. I was soooooooo mad at their pet display, especially of fish! There was algi in the bottom of the tanks and at least 3 dead fish in every tank. These poor angelfish had a fourth of water in their tank, and were basically crammed to the bottom where the algi was. I went there because I wanted to get another fish, cuz my goldfish was lonely after his friend "Oscar" died. Well I told my Mom I was DEFINATELY NOT getting a fish from there because those tanks were full of disease and my fish would probably die when I got it home. So when we got back to the town I live in my Mom took me to this Orscheln's and although their fish were more expensive and didn't have a lot of variety, they have a better and cleaner pet display. So I got a blue gourami for $3.99, it totaled $4.25 plus tax. My Mom was upset that I spent that much on just one fish. LOL. I named him "Blue Barry" and just call him "Barry" for short. HE'S SOOOOOOOOO PRETTY! And Barry and my other calico goldfish Bubbles get along great! Although bubbles is 4 years older than him, they are becoming great friends. LOL, it makes me laugh because Bubbles is old and gets around slow in the water and Barry is really fast and swift. Barry is really curious of Bubbles too!

Kater
04-28-2002, 01:17 AM
I know what you mean! When I see animals in poor conditions at a pet store I won't buy their products, animals and usually will never patronize there again! I think of each dollar bill I spend as a vote --- endorsing the sellers! ha ok thats all for me

~Kater

anna_66
04-28-2002, 07:47 AM
Sounds like your new fish is very pretty, are you going to be showing any pictures? Would love to see him!

Bunnicula05
04-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately, I need another one time use camera to get pics of Barry. I have some pics of Bubbles tho, but they haven't came back yet. It takes for days for them to come back. Ugh....but when I get my pictures back, I'm going to get another one time use camera and take some pics of Barry. Then another problem is, I have to get someone to scan these pics too. Ugh....

Daisylover
04-29-2002, 12:32 PM
I think your mom and Kater are right. When the conditions are bad, it only encourages the store to keep on selling whatever it is. And too, you could have brought home a sick fish and contimated the others.....

I struggle with a store in Ann Arbor that is not nice to its baby bunnies. One of our volunteers went in several times and gave them such a hard time (I wish I had her nerve-they kicked her out once) we did end up getting the 4 babies. But I'm afraid they just bring more in and then I don't know what we'll do. :mad: :mad: :mad: