PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a new Kitten

Lando
04-27-2002, 07:46 PM
After months of looking for kittens(But could find none) I found the perfect ktten for me. She is white with gray-tipped ears, paws, and tail. She is so tiny and when we brought her home, we found she could not eat solid food yet so we are feeding her kitten formula with an eye-dropper. She loves it and drinks a lot of it. We are guessing she is around 6 weeks. She loves anybody that is wwilling to stay with her, because she does not like being alone. Whenever we put her down when she is sleepy, she wakes up and constantly meows until we hold aggain. We named her Cloye. We have taken pictures, but they won't be developed for a while. I will udate each day on what she does, until we get the pictures.

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2002, 10:55 PM
She sounds adorable and I can't wait to see the pictures of her. I'm surprised you were able to adopt a kitten that is so young.

Lachesis
04-27-2002, 11:27 PM
Awwwwe how cool.... I can not wait to see pictures....

AmberLee
04-27-2002, 11:47 PM
I look forward to seeing your photos and hearing more about the 'adventures of Cloye'!

Whatever became of Midnight?

wayne0214
04-28-2002, 07:22 AM
lando, your description sounds a little like a Siamese, Does she ahve blue eyes?

...........wayne

Lando
04-28-2002, 07:03 PM
Cloye had a much better night. She is getting use to her home and she only woke me up 3 times last night. That is amazing. She is very active and loves to play with us. She alsoloves to explore her new home and does not show much fear anymote. Right now she just woke up from a nap and is sitting in my lap. Tomorrow we plan to go to a pet store and get her tons of kitty supplies. Midnight is still around and has been a very good cat. Although I have intorduced Midnight three times to Cloye and e3ach time, she sees her, she hisses and tries to get loose from my grasp. Midnight is very sensitive and jealous cat. I am not sure she would will get use to Cloye, do you have any suggestions? And yes she does have blue eyes.

Logan
04-28-2002, 08:18 PM
Time will tell, Lando. Just love Midnight on her own terms and make sure that you make time for her especially. It is very important that she get her own quality time with you. I introduced a kitten into my household once (he was a rescue found by my brother when he was three weeks old). It simply never worked with Mimi. Now we have Butter, who came to us, again as a rescue/stray, and found us. Mimi doesn't like him, but I feel the acceptance this time around. She still hisses at him whenever he walks into a room, but she has realized he isn't going anywhere, and that we still love her more than anything.

Dwayne, the three weeks old kitten, who was with us for several months, found the perfect home where he could be "top cat". It worked out for all of us, even though we were a bit emotional letting him go.

Logan

George da Orange
04-28-2002, 08:23 PM
My grampa said there will be no more cats here, so I'm the baby! That's good; I would not want to compete with a cute little kitten for attention, food, love, food, Mom's lap, food, the kitty beds, food...you get the idea.

Be sure that you pay lots of attention to Midnight. Give him tunsa, and lots of toys, a car, a mahogany cat-sized waterbed with satin sheets...you know, the little things we cats appreciate so much.

gini
04-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Ah, Lando, I am so glad you got a kitten. You wanted one so much! There will be plenty of bonding as you feed the kitten.

I agree with everyone here, give Midnight lots of separate attention so that she knows she hasn't been "replaced." Midnight just might take to mothering Cloye (just love that name) in time.

The kittens I wrote you about are going to be five weeks old tomorrow and I still have not seen them.

Give Cloye snuggles from me - and enjoy every minute of her.

Lando
04-29-2002, 06:06 PM
3rd day here with Cloye. She is doing wonderful and is getting bigger everyday. Last night we moved her and her things into the kitchen. To our surprise, she slept all nighht for once. Cloye is now exploring everything and we ahve to very cautious where we go. Midnight saw me holding her, and when I put Cloye to bed, I went over to pet Midnight and spend time with her,She hissed at me and growled I think she is very jealous of the kitten even though we are giving her lots of attention. I propbably shouldn't have let midnight see her. In about a half hour Cloye and I are goign to Pets mart to shop for toys and other things. I just fed her and she is ready for bed again.

Lando
04-30-2002, 07:22 PM
Today has not been so good. Cloye has been meowing a lot more than usual. I think i know the reason. I think she is constipated because there is no droppings in the litter box and I was getting nervous, so I checked her behind and it looks sort of red. Is there something wrong with the formula? I am using a formula from a cat info book. Should I call the vet?

AmberLee
04-30-2002, 07:28 PM
I think calling the vet's a good idea. If nothing else it will give your real peace of mind.

{{{Cloye and Lando}}}

krazyaboutkatz
05-01-2002, 12:33 AM
I agree with AmberLee. You should call the vet. The vet may also want to do a check up on her. Good luck.

purrley
05-01-2002, 01:14 PM
Lando - are you helping her to eliminate? Try rubbing a warm towel on her bottom and see if she'll go potty.

Lando
05-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Thanks, she is a lot better now. Today she got out of her box and we could nnot finds her. She gave us a real scare. WE searched everywhere and called out her name millions of times. Finally after looking in this one spot 3 times in a row that was covered with pillows, we found her at the bottom. Boy were we glad to see her. She wants to discover everything. Just a minute ago she was running and slipped on my kitchen floor. |Boy! she was slidding. She is very playful and loves toplay with her new catnip ball. She is starting to become friends with the dog Misty, but not Midnight.