PDA

View Full Version : K9Karen 07apr update

K9karen
04-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone. It's me talking but John typing.

Got home from the hospital around 2 PM. Had a terrible day on Thursday. Ran a fever, low blood pressure, and an unbelievable migraine due to oodles of morphine.

My fingers are discolored and really swollen, and I have to keep moving them all the time. I'll need another operation, to remove the pins that are holding the bones in place -- and they don't know what may additionally be needed.

Animal Control is coming over tomorrow at 11 AM to take pictures of the back fence. I just went outside and noticed the neighbor is repairing the spot where the dogs crawled under.

Don't know what happened to the two dogs that attacked me, but the third is still next door.

At the outset, when I first saw the two dogs had gotten through the fence and were barrelling towards us, I headed for the puppy and had to grab it from one of the attackers' jaws. Then,
I put the puppy under my coat and fell over it to the ground. At that point, I must have allowed my left arm to be exposed because one of the dogs grabbed my wrist. I knew I needed not to pull hard on it or I'd lose the hand at that point.

I have to say something kind about my brother Rich, here. He had just arrived home from the bank and something made him look out the kitchen window into the back yard. He saw me on the ground with the several dogs, and heard me screeching at the top of my lungs, and roared out to save his little sister from the monsters. He got the dog, that was holding my wrist, in a head-lock and began punching it in the face. When it let go, he took the puppy I was holding and literally tossed it over the side fence to the gardener that had been working at the side neighbor's yard. The gardener put the puppy into his truck cab and called 911. Richard, I'm sure, saved my life that day. I was thinking only of the puppy, and never entertained the thought I might be attacked myself.

I'll be reading PetTalk, but may not be responding as frequently as usual, having to do this by (edited) dictation.

Thank you, everybody, for your prayers, messages and phone calls. It means a lot to me and you know I love you guys very much.

BTW Miss Klo is AOK, thank goodness, and hasn't left my side since I walked back inside the house. The puppy got a single tooth-wound on the butt, that John treated with peroxide and aloe vera, and was picked up yesterday by his owner's brother and taken to the vet for a check.

love, Karen

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Aww, Karen! That's so awful. I'm glad you and the puppy are okay. *HUGS* and prayers to you, and major get well wishes!!!
Love,
Briana & The Pets--Roxy, Lily, Skye, Rufus, and Sebastian

dukedogsmom
04-07-2006, 05:40 PM
It was so good to talk to you. You sounded in good spirits despite all that's happened. I am so thankful for your brother! And I'm glad Miss Klo is being a good nurse to you. Duke says to give her a kiss from him :p

lizbud
04-07-2006, 06:05 PM
" Animal Control is coming over tomorrow at 11 AM to take pictures of the back fence. I just went outside and noticed the neighbor is repairing the spot where the dogs crawled under.

Don't know what happened to the two dogs that attacked me, but the third is still next door."

The guy didn't offer an apology or anything? :mad: Don't want to
ingect a negative vibe here, but Geeeze. Please just take it easy and
get well soon. (((HUGS)))

Husky_mom
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
i didnt posted on the other thread that mentioned your incident, but you´ve been in my thoughts all the way, you are so brave and i´m glad it didnt got worse, i send you the best get well soon wishes and rapid recovery........thanks your brother from us for being there at that precise time.....thanks to John for giving us a dictated update ;) and Hugs your way i really hope you just get better in no time............

Lucky puppy to have you around, you are a very valueble person for doing that you know

jazzcat
04-07-2006, 07:19 PM
OMG, I missed all this. What a horrible thing to happen to you Karen. Thank goodness you are okay!!!! Lots of prayers and healing thoughts coming your way.

Alysser
04-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Karen,
You are a very caring and loving person to save that puppy. You put it before yourself. How heroic of you. I am so sorry about your hand and I hope you feel better as soon as possible. I hope the next surgery goes well. Good luck and PLEASE feel better.
From,
Alyssa

Cataholic
04-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Oh, gosh, that is just awful. Poor you, poor puppy, poor everyone. :( Thank goodness for YOUR quick actions saving the puppy, and your BROTHER'S for saving you.

Speedy recovery.

chocolatepuppy
04-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Karen, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :( Thank goodness for your brother Rich being there to help you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

moosmom
04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Karen,

I'm glad you're home and resting. Please take care of yourself. I hope someone got pictures of the fence before the jerk repaired it. Relieved to hear that the puppy is okay too. You are to be commended for your bravery in saving that little puppy. You rock!!

.sarah
04-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Oh my gosh :(

I'm thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery!

Daisy and Delilah
04-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I think that we can all agree here at Pet Talk, that you are our hero Karen!! What a brave lady you are to have acted so quickly and taken such a terrible fall for that poor defenseless little puppy. Thank God for your brother being there and saving you. This is quite a story. It brought me to tears reading it. How scary for you and the little baby. Please recover quickly and get some much needed R and R. Thanks to you for updating us and thanks to your typist as well for doing such a great job :) Get better soon!

p.s. We certainly can't forget to also thank Logan for her up to the minute reporting of your condition. Great job! :)

Catty1
04-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Karen - I don't know you, but I read about your injury - OMG, you must have been in as much shock as anything.

Even if that fence is repaired, it won't fool Animal Control...I am sure they are going to talk to your neighbour. You just relax and I hope you are getting spoiled!

I hope you get well SOON!

HUGS HUGS HUGS
Catty1

Ginger's Mom
04-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Wow, very very scary, Karen. I am glad your brother came home when he did. Hugs to you for saving the puppy. I am glad to hear that Klo wasn't hurt. {{{Big Hugs}}} and continued prayers for your quick recovery.

Karen
04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Big hugs to your brother for getting there when he did, to John for taking dictation, to KLo just for being her adorable self, and most of all to you, of course!

I hope legal action wil be taken to help you with the medical bills this is causing!

luvofallhorses
04-07-2006, 09:22 PM
I am so sorry that this happened to you. :( I am glad your brother got there in time. ((hugs)) you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
04-07-2006, 09:56 PM
GO TO BED, you crazy woman! :p I can't believe you are checking in when you just got home from the hospital!

Love ya.
Logan

shais_mom
04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
this is just awful.
Keeping you in my prayers and well wishes.

pnance
04-08-2006, 01:30 AM
This was horrible, you think your safe in your own yard and something like this happens. Praying for a speedy recovery.

ChrisH
04-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Oh, Karen, this is the first I've heard of this. Thank God you were not even more seriously injured, also for your brother being there. Prayers and good thoughts on the way.
{{big hugs}}

Rachel
04-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Karen, you already know how upset I am that this has happened to you. You indeed are a hero for that puppy, which surely would have been dead had it not been for your selfless protection.

And of course Richard is the hero for you. I shutter to think if he had not been so swift and so brave in rushing to your aid. He is one :cool: brother!
I wish I could give him a big hug for what he did to rescue you.

You might want to get the name and phone number of that gardener who witnessed this event. He deserves our thanks as well.

And keep up with that new goal. Just remember how strong you really are.

Anita Cholaine
04-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Gosh Karen, what a horrible thing you had to be through... I'm glad to know that you're home again... Just try to be patient and will be completely recovered soon!

***Tons of hugs***

Natali ;)

Kfamr
04-08-2006, 09:34 AM
I can't believe I've missed these threads.

Karen, I've always thought you to be a wonderful, amazing woman but this beats it. You saved that puppies life, for sure. What those dogs did to you could and would have been ten times worse for that puppy. But you, being the unselfish person you are, put the puppy before yourself.

I wish I could see you right now and give you a big, but gentle, hug. You are truely amazing.

Please, if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to have John send me a PM. ;)

anna_66
04-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow Karen I am in shock at just how bad the whole situation was. You are so very lucky that your brother was there at just the right time to come to your aid. Your both hero's in my book:)

Thanks to you John for typing this out and letting us know how our Karen is doing. I know the recovery is going to be long and painful (sounds like the same kind of thing that happened to my mom after her motorcycle accident) but I hope that you'll still have good use of your arm and hand after all of this.

Still sending lots of love, hugs and good vibes your way!

zippy-kat
04-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Prayers on the way for all involved in this story.

Karen may your hand heal quickly and may you recover all use. Bless you for saving the pup, bless your brother for saving you, and bless the gardner for being in the right place at the right time to lend his help.

{{Karen}}

captain
04-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Karen,

Anna told me about this thread, and I my LOVE and PRAYERS are coming your way from downunder.
You are truly a special person, your brother - THANK YOU GOD for making him arrive home ...... and to John, thanks for typing.

{{{hugs}}} across the miles to you
Michelle

Pam
04-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Karen, it's just me letting you know that I am thinking about you each and every day. I hope to give you a call one of these days. Richard needs a Big *S* on the front of his shirt. He is truly a hero!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, John, for being Karen's secretary while she is unable to type. If you keep this up you might just turn into a Pet Talker. :p

gini
04-11-2006, 06:07 AM
I just stopped by this thread too, to tell you that I hope you aren't in too much pain.

Gosh, everyone here is a hero! If I was the puppie's owner I would be kissing the ground that you all walk on.

What a horrible thing to have happen - and I sure hope that the owners of the dogs that attacked you are decent and take full responsibility for what has happened.

It is such a good thing that you have the gardener as a witness to the whole event too.

Aren't brothers wonderful?

John, thanks for the update and I hope when you have time you will give us another update on Karen.

lv4dogs
04-11-2006, 08:54 AM
What a horrible experience, I am so sorry you had to experience such a thing. {{HUGS}} I'm very glad to hear though that you & the puppy made it out alive. Kudos to you, your brother, the gardener, you all are heros!
You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

trayi52
04-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow, Karen, I missed everything too! You are indeed a hero. Thank God you saved the puppy's life. I am sorry you had to get injured in the process. Please let me know if you need anything, anything at all.

God Bless you.

((((Hugs))))
Willie

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
OMG, I missed this completely, as I was away during 1 week!How terrible for you Karen....!! I hope yu will get better soon, and I also hope that your neighbour pays for all the damage done!!

lvpets2002
04-13-2006, 11:03 AM
:) Oh Karen you have been thru so much & so glad for your brother that got home just in time.. He is a Hero for saving you & you are a Hero for saving the wittle puppy.. I sure hope charges are pending so you can maybe get some medical expenses taken off you back.. Glad your home & doing better.. We PT'rs missed you..

Corinna
04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Sorry to just be getting here , I have been gone . Glad your doing better and pup is ok. Whats happening with the dog and its owners? glad that Logan decided not to get involved. Prayers for a quick healing.