PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for TN again...

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
There's an actual tornado warning for our area...We've never had one, and tornados are like my worst fear in the world. Going to go gather all the cages and stuff together for emergency moving to the basement, and Roxy is coming in. I'm so scared.

Anita Cholaine
04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
This is so scary :( Tons of prayers for all TN... Try to stay safe and calm!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Prayers on the way from me for sure!!! :(

We went through that yesterday. We had one go north of our town. We've had the sirens go off 3 times already this spring. Once just when I got into the shower!!!

chrissycat21
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Prayers that you and everyone else in TN stays safe.

I hate tornados, too. A couple weeks ago we were in a tornado watch for almost the whole day, I was so worried! Luckily, we were missed and all the tornados were south of us.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Prayers on the way from me and my furkids! You're probably so scared - I would be too.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
UPDATE: Just heard on the news: Storms are heading into East TN, and parts of Kentucky. I'm going to go get all the animal supplies and stuff we need to take to the basement.....I'm so scared :(.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Prayers flying for all in the path of these storms. I have the weather channel on right now. Looks like Nashville and the east TN is really getting hammered. They say a super cell is heading toward Nashville. Never a good thing to hear. :(

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Prayers flying for all in the path of these storms. I have the weather channel on right now. Looks like Nashville and the east TN is really getting hammered. They say a super cell is heading toward Nashville. Never a good thing to hear. :(
The wind is horrible right now...I'm going to pack up all the dog food, cat food, fish food, and hamster food right now.

Daisy and Delilah
04-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Keep us posted! Stay safe! :(

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Just packed a storage bin full of stuff for the pets..Now to worry about stuff for me and my mom...I'm in a practical panic, and we're on the warning till tonight at 11PM.:( I just need to go hug my pets.

chrissycat21
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Just try to relax, you and your pets should be fine. Your definately prepared if you need to go down into the basement.

Prayers are still coming your way.

lvpets2002
04-07-2006, 05:06 PM
:( Sad to hear of bad weather - Please dont be scared... Lets us know if you can on the results.. Trust me here in Texas we have lots of warnings & like you said its get the carriers & babies all packed up.. Me & the girls send lots of Prayers & Hugs.........

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks everybody. Just took Lily out to pee, and Roxy in a minute. It was windy, and the sky is getting dark. I'm really trying to relax...going to go pack somemore things and take them to the basement.

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Right now it's supposedly in Campbell county...I hope Jazzcat, and Kimlovescats are ok... since it's closer to you than me. Oh, and straight from the news this is the 2nd tornado this week, and 3 people have already been killed :(.

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Latest Weather REPORT: Tornado spotted in Hancock and Lee county.
That's about 1-2ish hours away from me, but my mom wont go in the basement.

lute
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
we are having bad weather here as well. the storm is comming from TN. :(

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Heading into the basement guys. I love you all very much, and I pray that we're going fdown there for nothing!

Chilli
04-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I hope it doesn't get too bad. :( Fingers crossed that everything turns out okay!
We had a tornado last sunday, and it was pretty horrid. A town only ten minutes from mine just about got completely blown away. We got extremely strong winds at our house, and hail the size of baseballs/softballs. Thankfully I love tornados, but I understand why some people wouldn't. It was quite the sight to see my family rounding up all the pets (yes, all ten of them! The huge rat cage and the huge bird cage included! :D) and getting them downstairs. Melani ran back upstairs, before mum closed the door, right at the worst part! My sister and I went running upstairs to get her while mum was yelling at us to forget about her. After we got everyone downstairs and both of the cats in a spare crate, my sister and I went back upstairs to stand outside. :o Both of us love storms very much. We were running out in the hail to get peices to put in the freezer. :p After everything died down, we went driving around town. Everyother house that had a car outside had the windows busted out from the hail. The only damage we got was a few holes in the roof.... We get tornados around here ALOT.
I'll be here keeping my fingers crossed, Tornado season is here and we already seem to be getting more tornados than usual... or maybe its just my imagination.

lizbud
04-07-2006, 06:35 PM
We had a huge band of storms come through here last weekend. (shook
all the windows in the house. I took all pets down to the basement till it
passed. :eek: Again today, more tornado warnings all day long till 11pm.

We had a real active spring so far. Hope everyone stays safe. :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Eh..it wasnt even getting windy when I went to the basement. So I came back upstairs. Rufus and Seb are in the bathroom...I know it isnt as safe, but it's too much stress on them to go into our basement. Which is really only a dug out hole...it's very dusty and bad. We are on a tornado watch till 11Pm, and a Severe Thunderstorm warning till 1AM. I am freaked out totally, and I'm listening closely to the weather channel and outdoors, plus checking frequently for funnels coming from the sky. This is so scary!

joanofark
04-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Stay safe!! :eek:

We are getting slamed with bad weather right now!! :eek:

(Even though I love storms though!:cool:;))

luvofallhorses
04-07-2006, 07:11 PM
please stay safe!! :(

jazzcat
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm in Knoxville and the news is breaking in to say that now 10 people have died today in TN alone, mostly in Middle TN where Kimlovescats is. We are under a sever thunderstorm warning right now. There is some really nasty stuff just about 30 miles NW of us right now. They said golf ball size hail - ick!

Hope all the KY PTers are okay too because it looks bad thre too.

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm in Knoxville and the news is breaking in to say that now 10 people have died today in TN alone, mostly in Middle TN where Kimlovescats is. We are under a sever thunderstorm warning right now. There is some really nasty stuff just about 30 miles NW of us right now. They said golf ball size hail - ick!

Hope all the KY PTers are okay too because it looks bad thre too.
Good to hear you're ok! I hope Kimlovescats is ok, too. :( Plus, any KY Pt'ers since it hit them not too long ago! I think it hit worse in her area. I really think all we're going to get is Severe thunderstorms, but we're still on a Tornado watch till 11...so...*gulp* My dad lives down after Knoxville, and I'm waiting to hear from them. Stay safe!!!!
AND Thanks everybody for all the support!

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Just wanted to add...the wind sounds horrible and very constant right now, and I am terribly scared.

Chilli
04-07-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry its so horrid over there! :( I wish the storm would turn around and torture me some more instead of you! Hang in there, I'm sure it will let up soon. :)

chrissycat21
04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Still praying for you & the rest of the TN residents.

Go cuddle up with Roxy and Lily on the couch and try to take your mind of the storm. Beleive me, I know how hard that is, but it can help!

jazzcat
04-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow, I'm freaking out a little because they are breaking in on tv to tell where there are shelters open for safety from the storms. There are lots of reports of funnel clouds. We used to never get tornados around here but the past few years things have really changed.

So far it's not bad here but I can see the lightening and hear the thunder that is just north and west of us. I'm so glad my Dad is down in TX this week visiting my brother!

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Still praying for you & the rest of the TN residents.

Go cuddle up with Roxy and Lily on the couch and try to take your mind of the storm. Beleive me, I know how hard that is, but it can help!
Haha...I wish I could cuddle with them both, but mom won't let Roxy near her beloved couch..:(

chrissycat21
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
The floor is quite comfy when you sit on a nice, thick blanket. ;)

Snowy isn't allowed on the couches here either, my mom doens't want her precious new couches all scratched up. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed that all the tornados will miss you guys.

buttercup132
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes: mothers...

pipersmom
04-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi ladies,

I originate from East Tennessee (Maryville), but currently live in Nashville. Please keep all of the folks in Sumner County (Middle Tn) in your prayers. The news reports show massive devastation. 10 people have been reported dead. I work at Vanderbilt and we were in the stairwells by about 3:30 today and then were told we could go home at about 4:00 p.m. All of my babies (4 of them )are with us in the basement for the night.
Again, please keep the folks who have lost loved ones and/or their homes in your prayers.

chrissycat21
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Everyone in TN right now is in my prayers.

I checked the weather in Nashville, and after tonight it looks like the bad weather has passed. Just keep safe tonight and the week ahead looks pretty nice. :]

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi ladies,

I originate from East Tennessee (Maryville), but currently live in Nashville. Please keep all of the folks in Sumner County (Middle Tn) in your prayers. The news reports show massive devastation. 10 people have been reported dead. I work at Vanderbilt and we were in the stairwells by about 3:30 today and then were told we could go home at about 4:00 p.m. All of my babies (4 of them )are with us in the basement for the night.
Again, please keep the folks who have lost loved ones and/or their homes in your prayers.
Oh yeah! I knew I was forgetting someone from TN. Glad you're ok, too. Now we need an update from Kimlovescats...Oh, and the tornado, I swear was right next to us, but it passed thank god.

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
UPDATE:Tornado went RIGHT by my house, and I didnt even notice! I did hear it though! Now our tornado watch is extended to 5AM, and VERY high chances we'll get a tornado...SUPER scared :(

chrissycat21
04-07-2006, 09:22 PM
OMGosh! How scary. Stay safe!

Prayers still coming for all of those who are danger of tornados now.

Roxyluvsme13
04-07-2006, 09:25 PM
OMGosh! How scary. Stay safe!

Prayers still coming for all of those who are danger of tornados now.
*nod* Me, too. I think we're going to be ok here, and that we're just going to get hit with some severe thunderstorms. Prayers for everybody on a Tornado Watch:(

pnance
04-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Prayers to everyone in TN. I've been keeping a close eye on the weather channel and it looks bad. Most of my family on my dads side (including my dad) lives in TN. My dad and aunt are near Chattanooga and I have a cousin who lives with her family in Nashville. I haven't been able to get in touch with them so far to see how their doing, but I think their South east of the worst of it. I'm guessing everyone there is in for a long night. Keep safe.

Anita Cholaine
04-08-2006, 08:18 AM
This is really scary :( Prayers on the way for all the PTers who are in danger of tornados... Please, try to keep us updated!

Roxyluvsme13
04-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Well, we just got thunderstorms thank god. I hope everyone in Middle and West TN is ok, because from what I heard, they got it really bad.

chrissycat21
04-08-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm glad to hear you're ok. I hope everyone else is, too!

Suki Wingy
04-08-2006, 08:08 PM
glad to hear you are ok!

petslover
04-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Mississippi got pretty rough last night too. Trees are down everywhere here & alot of fires came because of all the lightening. A man that was driving along the road just a few blocks away ran into a tree that had fallen in the middle of the street. He's okay, but he had the paramedics had to rush him to the hospital last night.

I am glad everyone is okay.

Roxyluvsme13
04-08-2006, 08:25 PM
OH GOD. I swear the wind was just horrible a second ago, and I felt our house move. I'm scared again, and went to grab Roxy. She darted like a bullet into the house :(.

slick
04-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I was just watching this on our local news. Talk about scary!! :eek: My prayers are coming out to each and every one of you. Please stay safe and keep checking in so we know you are OK.

Does this affect Laura's Babies???

Roxyluvsme13
04-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I was just watching this on our local news. Talk about scary!! :eek: My prayers are coming out to each and every one of you. Please stay safe and keep checking in so we know you are OK.

Does this affect Laura's Babies???
She lives in Lousiana, if I'm correct? I'm not sure if it went that far.