PDA

View Full Version : I applied for a 2yr old Deaf Catahoula Leopoard dog-Picture

king2005
04-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Heres a little on her:

=================

http://www.mississaugahumanesociety.com/images/mhs_luna2_full.jpg

Luna - I am a pure bred Catahoula Leopoard, female, about 2 years old, about 55 lbs. I am deaf (very common for my breed), but that does not stop me living a full life. I am a friendly girl whos very alert and inquisitive. I like to follow my owner everywhere and cuddling is one of my favourite acitivities. Being a very smart girl, sometimes I try to bend the rules, so an experiened and patient owner with a firm hand is required. I need a lot of attention so a stay home person , or a home with another doggy who can keep me occupied, would best suite me. I get along fine with other dogs and have always lived with cats too. I should go to a home with no small kids
==================

I'm so excited! I know I have MORE then enough $ for a dog now (I actually make more $ then I thought & I get monthly bonus' starting this month!

I don't care that shes pure, every since Max I've just wanted to help a special needs dog, as they seem to be tossed out too often or PTS for no good reason!

I'm so excited, & I even mentioned PT as a place I can get assistance if I ever need it, as sooo many people have worked with special needs dogs & more.

Wish me luck.

buttercup132
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
OMG! yay I hope you get her!

lvpets2002
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
:) Well good for you & I sure hope you get the new puppy.. Lets us know & pictures please..

Lori Jordan
04-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Congrats!!

Flatcoatluver
04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Good luck!!! She sounds like a cutie!!!! :D

king2005
04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
ok fixed the comp problem & added an image to the origional post.

k9krazee
04-07-2006, 02:57 PM
She's gorgeous!!! Good luck!!! :D

Karen
04-07-2006, 03:12 PM
She is a beauty, and I hope that everything works out for the both of you - she'd even have Cyrus to play with!

king2005
04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
She is a beauty, and I hope that everything works out for the both of you - she'd even have Cyrus to play with!

Karen, I really do hope I can get her. Shes has sooo much Pink & shes cute too. I even want to make her a special collar, so when I push a button, it'll vibrate so she knows to look for me & it'll be her recall. Cyrus will freak when he gets to play with another dog all day. Cyrus has been having issues with telling someone he needs to potty & Luna is already potty trained so I'm hoping it'll help correct him (he doesn't go often in the house, so its not a huge deal, its only annoying as his turds are big hehe). I wrote nearly 2 pages worth of stuff, so they wouldn't have to ask me too many questions & I'm hoping it'll make me look as good as I am.

Thanks everyone,

BaileysMom
04-07-2006, 04:36 PM
she's a sweetheart and I'm here if ya need any ''disabled doggie'' advice. I had a deaf cat for almost 5 years.

Toby's my baby
04-07-2006, 05:31 PM
O, i hope you get her!!! She is so pretty!! :D Good Luck!!

luvofallhorses
04-07-2006, 08:04 PM
she's beautiful!! :) I hope you get her! please keep us updated.

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Good luck! She's a beauty :)

moosmom
04-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Here's hoping it's a "go" for sweet BIG Luna. I've seen the word "Catahoula" many times in PT and wondered what it is.

Any word yet??

king2005
04-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Jess, this is John – Luna is here with us, Lily forwarded your eMail to me.

I wish Luna were a suitable candidate for you, unfortunately like some of our other dogs she is not. Luna suffers from an extreme form of separation anxiety, deafness and eye problems plus what I am told is form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

If Luna wakes up and can not see someone she recognizes immediately she leaps to her feet, turns her head straight up so that her nose is pointing towards the ceiling and begins barking and circling. Unless she is distracted right away, the circling and barking increase in pace, volume and tempo till she is ready to drop. Someone needs to be on hand – preferably in the same room – to distract her. I am told that unless we help her “Unlearn” this behaviour it will continue to escalate.

Crating or caging is not the solution – she gets frantic and damages her nose and face and paws desperately trying to get out.

Luna appears to have been bounced from least 15 and probably more homes. The problems appear to be escalating with each bounce – the stress may have contributed to her stomach problems – diarrhea and vomiting – again requiring someone being almost always in the same room to facilitate getting her into the garden quickly enough to avoid an accident – something she appears to feel very ashamed about. Strangely Luna is not shy - and appears to feel no remorse - about peeing inside the house if not put out frequently.

Elvis a.k.a Zeus – one of our other dogs might have been ideal for your situation, he had been with us for a l o o o n g time, however he is going on a trial adoption tomorrow with wonderful people who recognize his problems and are willing to work with him. None of the other dogs currently living with us fit the parameters you describe.

You are doing a wonderful thing helping dogs who need help the most. Please don’t give up because Luna is not the suitable one this time.

Please let Lily and Carla know you are still interested in helping a rescue. I am sure they will be able to find the right dog for you to help.

John

Poor gal :(
I'll take a look at Zues

Flatcoatluver
04-08-2006, 01:08 PM
oh I am so sorry, poor girl!!!!
Good luck!!!!

BC_MoM
04-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Good luck!! She sure is pretty! Please keep us posted!

Suki Wingy
04-08-2006, 07:31 PM
POOR baby! :(
Good luck on your search!

BCollie_Kelly
04-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Poor Girl. She looks like she will be quite the dog, for the perfect person.

Good Luck in your search!