PDA

View Full Version : Technical DVD player help needed!!

Sirrahsim
04-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Our 5-disc dvd player thingy has suddenly quit working on us!!
When we put a DVD in it says "loading" and then opens the tray back up?? I'm so confused. ANyone good with electronics??

caseysmom
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Did you try more than one dvd? It could be that one dvd.

lvpets2002
04-07-2006, 09:25 AM
:) Yup just had the same happen to mine && had to take the cover off & clean the eye.. Try first buying a dvd cd cleaner & load & let run.. If not then open it up & check the eye/lens.. Hope that helped & good luck..

king2005
04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I get those questions all the time (I work for Samsung). What brand is it & if its a Samsung, let me know & I'll get you the proper directions so you don't damage anything

king2005
04-07-2006, 10:09 AM
If the disc will not play, take the following factors into consideration.
Is the disc free from scratches, dust or fingerprints?
Is the disc right side up in the tray?
Is the disc a 'Region 1' disc?
Does your DVD Player support the type of disc you're trying to play? Ex: DVD-R, CD-RW, MP-3 (Check User Manual to be sure)
If after checking each of these factors, the disc will still not play, there may be a problem with the laser or other component of the player. Your DVD Player may require service.
Before requesting service, try these simple solutions first.
Try other types of discs to see if the problem is with specific types or with all media
Clean disc with mild dish detergent and water. Dry throroughly with lint free cloth.
Unplug the DVD Player from power source and let sit for one minute.
Attempt to play the disc again.
If this does not resolve your issue, please use our ASC Locator to find your nearest authorized service center.

---------------------------------------

Don't open the case unless its out of warranty... This is the best answer we have right now. We're still making the FAQ's & it was the VCR that kept spitting out the tape & not the DVD players. But if it is a Samsung, still let me know & I'll get ahold of my boss & will have a better answer soon (BUT only if its a Samsung)

Sirrahsim
04-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Mine is a Pioneer, but thank you for offering :)
We tried all of the media types that we could think of and it spits out everything. I'll go by the store later and pick up a laser eye cleaner thingy. Thanks :)

Sirrahsim
04-08-2006, 11:08 PM
We cleaned the laser lens thingy. Now CDs work, but DVD's still don't!!
I'm so irritated!!

king2005
04-09-2006, 02:42 AM
go here (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/contact/us/0,,2076_4351,00.html?fpSiteId=2076)

Sirrahsim
04-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Thank you! I swear I searched that website all over but I didn't see that at all :) I'll send them a note

king2005
04-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Thank you! I swear I searched that website all over but I didn't see that at all :) I'll send them a note

Get google toolbar. What it now does is as your typing it brings up the top hits for what you typed.

google toolbar (http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/index.html)