View Full Version : The $39 Experiment

Kfamr
04-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Has anyone viewed this website?
http://www.the39dollarexperiment.com/

Might be worth it to send a letter to some of your favorites?? :confused:

Toby's my baby
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow, that is VERY interesting, seems to me that the pet places were pretty generous!

NoahsMommy
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
WAYTOO FUNNY!!! That guys is soooo funny and that's such a fun idea.

Its really interesting to see who sent him nothing (larger companies) and who sent him things.

Great link, thanks Kay. :)

jazzcat
04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
That is great! I enjoyed seeing what he's gotten so far. I was a bit surprised at who sent nothing.

chocolatepuppy
04-07-2006, 05:13 AM
That's interesting. I love getting stuff for free! :)

QueenScoopalot
04-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Too funny! I sent off an email to Tom and got a reply already lol.... :D

To: [email protected]
Subject: I've done similar...but in reverse!

Dear Tom, Your website had me howling mostly over your letters. I used to send back deformed Jordan Almond candies to the company with a brief letter of complaint. A short time later I'd get a hand delivered huge box of Bridge Mix, Chocolate Covered Almonds, more Jordan Almonds, and a letter of apology to top it off! Brachs is the company although I have no candy left after all those years so hence...no address. Maybe a reverse experiment will reap more rewards for you...it's worked for me! *GRIN* Companies DO hate to lose customers and will often replace the product you complain about with much more than it was worth in the first place. My brother-in-law sent back a piece of Candy Corn (also by Brachs I think) as the tip was missing from it, and he also got a huge box of goodies in return. I'd love to see you try complaining instead and see how many more items you get then. Have fun....Jan in MA.
Here's his reply..... :eek: :p :D

I gave up on complaining a while ago....

After I got married, I complained that the sex that was supposed to come with my marriage was nowhere to be found. I was told to “get used to it”. From that point on, I just roll with the flow!

Regards,

-Tom