PDA

View Full Version : Chloe is limping :-(

prechrswife
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
My husband and I came home this afternoon to find Chloe limping. She is favoring her left front paw, but there are no visible signs of anything wrong. We are guessing, that being the daredevil that she is, she probably jumped down from either the top of the china cabinet or the top of a bookshelf straight to the floor (without using a half-way point). Anyway, we're watching it, and if there is no improvement tomorrow, we'll be off to the vet. :(

heidiv
04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Best of luck hope she was just playing to hard???? If not my little Chloe sends prayers of sympathy and wellness. Keep us updated on how everything goes if you go to the vets office.(((((Hugs))))) My little Chloe means the world to me. I am starting to think that all little kitties named Chloe are daredevils. My little one occationally falls off of her cat tree in our living room but she tends to bounce back pretty well. Her ragdoll sets in meaning she gets really floppy and boom there she goes off of the cat tree :eek: :eek:

momcat
04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Poor little Chloe girl :( I hope there's nothing seriously wrong and you'll be back to your regular mischief very soon.

NoahsMommy
04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Aren't they little daredevils??

Hopefully a few days rest will help it heal right up and she'll be back to playing crazy in no time.

:) Kelly

Donnaj4962
04-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I am sorry to hear the Chloe is limping... I hope she is feeling better.

My Tabitha was limping a few years ago, came on suddenly just as with Chloe. I rushed her to the vet who found NOTHING wrong! She even was jumping from things in his office! :rolleyes:

Of course, we went home and she was fine. No more limps! The vet thought that maybe she was just looking for some extra attention from her mama! Silly kitties!

Beauty17
04-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Yep - be attentive to the paw to make sure there isn't an abscess developing. One time I noticed that my Sadie had a small bite on her front paw, but nothing seemed to be developing from it. Then after a day or two, I noticed that I was not seeing much of her - so I sought her out, and sure enough, an abscess had developed, and she was hiding out with pain and fever. I hope that she gets better and it turns out to be nothing.

prechrswife
04-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Things are looking better today. She is putting more weight on the foot and not favoring it as much. We'll continue to keep an eye on her, though.

catmandu
04-07-2006, 02:52 PM
If she lets you touch her paw and she doesnt cry out in pain,shes probably all right,she just bruised her paw.
Cats heal very fast.

jazzcat
04-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Poor Chloe. I'm glad to hear she is better today. Maybe she just pulled something that needs a little time to heal. Feel better sweetie!

rg_girlca
04-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Poor Chloe. I'm glad to hear she is doing better today. :)

catcrazylady
04-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Oh no! Poor Chloe. :( I hope it is just a sprain and she is all better by now. When I read your post my first thought was of Mud Pie! :eek: If you have to take her to the vet I suggest an xray if the vet doesn't recommend one. Just to be on the safe side. ;)
Prayers to Chloe that she is feeling all better.

aki
04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Chuck has done that a couple times. I felt his paw carefully and nothing wrong it seemed. Couple days later he was fine.

prechrswife
04-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Today is even better than yesterday, so it looks like everything is going to be okay. I'm glad because one of my first thoughts was of CCL's Mudpie, too.