PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Lily rolling in spices!!!

Kirsten
04-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Have you ever heard of a cat doing such a crazy thing? :eek:

I was cleaning my spice jars today, and poured some paprika powder over the kitchen counter. While I got a call, Lily detected the mess, and when I came back, I saw her rolling in the red powder! She acted as if it was catnip! :eek:

Look!

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily_spice1.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily_spice2.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily_spice3.jpg

After that, a shower was necassary. Lily whined when I did that to her, but she was sweet and didn't let me feel her claws! ;)

After that procedure, she was drying herself:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily_spice4.jpg

I hope she won't upset her tummy just in case there was still some paprika left in her fur!

Kirsten

RedHedd
04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
:D She's our little Spice Girl! :D Too cute - I hope she didn't ingest any - not sure if cats can digest spices

Lizzie
04-06-2006, 02:33 PM
I find that really strange since the spice doesn't belong to a plant family that she should find attractive. Usually cats sniff something like that before they roll in it but she can't have done because she wouldn't have liked what it did to her nose. It's a good job you were right there and able to get her all cleaned up very quickly. Talk about attention seeking!

I've had cats put their noses almost into my mouth to get toothpaste, but attraction to the mint family of plants is understandable. Ted used to do this nearly every morning and I'd give him a tiny dab from the toothbrush on the side of his mouth. Since he isn't here any more, when Los reached towards my mouth this morning, I moved the toothbrush towards her to give her some instead. She leapt away in horror. Now I know how to get her away when she corners Newcat, threaten her with my toothbrush!

Kirsten
04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Usually cats sniff something like that before they roll in it but she can't have done because she wouldn't have liked what it did to her nose.

Oh, she sniffed it, actually, but she seemed to like it. :eek:
She hates toothpaste, btw.

LOL, Spice Girl Lily - that it cute! :)

Kirsten

catmandu
04-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I thought that Paprika was on the spicey side,and nothing something that Cats would like at all.
Thats Funny that Lily had that reaction.
I thought that that was like a pepper.

Lizzie
04-06-2006, 02:59 PM
It is a pepper, in fact it's a capiscum pepper and that's why I'm amazed that Lily sniffed it and then rolled in it. It's the kind of pepper they put in sprays to keep animals away from things - wouldn't work on Lily, she loves it!

Glacier
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Silly Lily! She does look pretty in that color though!

One of my cats, Polly Paws, adores the smell of bleach. She looses her mind for a load of white laundry fresh from the dryer!

Kirsten
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
adores the smell of bleach

Oh, mine love that, too! Especially Luna! When I cleaned something with bleach, they would bite into my hands after that. LOL

Kirsten

Catty1
04-06-2006, 07:18 PM
We had a cat at the kennel - her owners said she would go as nuts over black olives as much as others go over catnip!

momcat
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Of all things to roll around in :eek: I'm a bit surprised Lily liked the smell of it. Lily, I'll bet that you were really trying to help Meowmie clean all that paprika by sweeping it up with your beautiful fur. What a wonderful helper you are!

Kirsten
04-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Lizzie, I didn't know that paprika is a pepper. Silly Lily Girl! LOL

her owners said she would go as nuts over black olives as much as others go over catnip!

That is funny, too! Some cats have really strange likings! :)

that you were really trying to help Meowmie clean all that paprika by sweeping it up with your beautiful fur.

That could be! LOL In fact, most of the spice was in her fur, and when I tried to catch Lily after her adventure, she spread it over the carpet, and my clothes! LOL

Kirsten

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Oh Spice Lily.... you silly silly girl..

Paprika is a fabulous color for you! :D

lvpets2002
04-07-2006, 09:14 AM
;) :p Silly Wittle Girl Lily & thought meowmom had brought home orange Catnip.. How funny & sweet..

Beauty17
04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Wow! She looked beautiful with the paprika on her fur, but I guess you did the right thing in showering her - you never know how the spice might have affected her, and besides, you wouldn't have wanted her painting the house with it.

Barbara
04-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Too funny! I never thought I could relate to cat in paprika ;)

Filou loves chili. When he was a baby he even ate a pod that I had cooked with something and then taken out :eek:

He still is crazy about curries and sneaks in the kitchen to clean the wok (of course I don't let him).

Lobodeb
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Silly Lily!

I had a friend in high school who named her cat Rika (short for Paprika). Maybe Lily needs a new name, too? j/k

Randi
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Spice Lilly, you curious girl! LOL! You just HAD to see what it was there on the kitchen table, didn't you? Did your mom check the color of your tongue? I'm glad it wasn't chili. :eek:

rg_girlca
04-07-2006, 09:18 PM
OMG Kirsten, that is too funny. Lily, red is so your color girl. :D

Cats*Rule
04-07-2006, 09:22 PM
CUTIE! I LOVE YOUR CATS! I have never experienced my cats rolling in spices though. Maybe it just smells, tastes, or looks good to silly wittle Lily;)

catcrazylady
04-08-2006, 09:49 AM
LOL Lilly you are beyond silly! I have to say that this is a first for me to see. How funny! Lilly I just love that paprika covered chin! :D :D :D

NoahsMommy
04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
ha ha....cute!!

Lily Spice...I like it! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Our Lily is a SPICE GIRL !!!