PDA

View Full Version : Update On Storm If Anyone's Interested

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi, I thought I'd give you an update on Storm. He had crystals in late December and has now been on Royal Canin Urinary S/O formula for about 3 months now. He just had another urinalysis taken and his results are excellent.:D He doesn't have any more crystals, no signs of bacteria, and his PH level is also normal. I'm so happy to hear this.:D Hopefully he'll remain a happy and healthy cat for many many more years to come.:) I'm now feeding this food to all of my furkids so I hope to keep them healthy too.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-06-2006, 12:01 PM
OH GOODY!!

YAY STORM!! I'm sooo happy for you. I bet you feel a million times better... *HUGS* and *KISSES* for Storm..

moosmom
04-06-2006, 12:02 PM
YAAAAAAY!!!! Give Storm a smooch for me, will ya??

Karen
04-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Great news!

Barbara
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
I LOVE good news here at Cat Health.

May Storm stay in excellent health for a long time :)

Killearn Kitties
04-06-2006, 01:38 PM
That's excellent news about Stormy! I'm so pleased the results are so good.
Kisses all round! :D

Randi
04-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Tracy, I'm so glad to hear the good news. I'm sure he's feeling a lot better now, and I hope he continues to be healthy. :)

Is it the diet that dissolves the crystals, he's eating? Fister had those (Hills S/D) for a while, and then changed to C/D. They are supposed to prevent cats from getting them in the first place. I think my vet said that he should not continue with the ones that dissolve the crystals, but ask your vet about this.

Kisses and headbumpies to Storm from me and the orange boy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Great news, Tracey!!! I think you're right, that feeding the others the same food should help prevent similar problems with them. Happy KAK clan! :D

gini
04-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Tracey, that is excellent news. I am sure you were greatly relieved.

Lizzie
04-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Tracy, I'm so glad to hear the good news. I'm sure he's feeling a lot better now, and I hope he continues to be healthy. :)

Is it the diet that dissolves the crystals, he's eating? Fister had those (Hills S/D) for a while, and then changed to C/D. They are supposed to prevent cats from getting them in the first place. I think my vet said that he should not continue with the ones that dissolve the crystals, but ask your vet about this.

Kisses and headbumpies to Storm from me and the orange boy.

I believe the Hills S/D disssolves the crystals, and three months is the maximum a cat can stay on the diet. Royal Canin S/O prevents both kinds of crystals. I went through this routine with Taranis but she's so overweight (and was when I adopted her) that I've changed her to a lower calorie Royal Canin diet. I'm hoping that the lower stress she is under now will reduce the risk of crystals forming - but we will see. It seems that a diet that combines blocking crystal formation and weight reduction isn't available yet.

Edited to add: Good news about Storm!

lvpets2002
04-06-2006, 04:33 PM
:) Of course we are always interested && That is Such Great News On Storm with Good Test Results..

Don Juan's mom
04-06-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm delighted to hear good news about Storm. Hope this means fewer vi$its to the vet'$ office from now on. Give him a head scritch from Aunt Liz. :)

kb2yjx
04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Great news about Storm!!!!

jenluckenbach
04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Wonderful news!!!!

Catty1
04-06-2006, 10:46 PM
YAY Storm! We GOTTA have a new pic...hint, hint.... :D

jazzcat
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
That is great news!!!!! Way to go Storm!

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks everyone.:) I really needed to hear some good news because it just seems like at least one of my furkids always has something wrong with them. Now if I can just get Sunny's feline acne cleared up then everyone will be fine.

Yes, the Royal Canin S/O prevents both the struvite and the calcium oxalate crystals. I feed them both the wet and dry food and I'm able to maintain their weight by feeding them each 1/2 cup of dry food a day and they each get a little wet food 2 times a day. I feed them 4 small meals a day,2 in the morning and 2 in the evening, so they think that they're getting more food. I also give them each 6 feline greenies treats every evening. So far this feeding schedule is working for me.:)

Donnaj4962
04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Great news about Storm! :)

rg_girlca
04-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Tracey, I am so very happy to hear that Storm is doing well and I pray that he continues to do so.

Arrgg, my Chipper suffers from feline acne also. I put a little bit of peroxide 3% on a cotton ball and dab it on his chin. It goes away after a few weeks, but it just keeps coming back. The vet said it's probably from him drinking from the bathroom tap. :rolleyes:

ChrisH
04-08-2006, 04:34 AM
Yay! Great news, Tracey! :D Thanks for the update.

smokey the elder
04-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Way to go, Storm!