PDA

View Full Version : Find all posts, Find all thread...

anna_66
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I have a question.

I went to find the first post of one of the members and it only brought me back to the last 300 posts, and the same with the threads.
I couldn't even find my first post or thread.

Is there any way to seach back to the very first post or has all that been deleted when you did an update at PT?

If so how do I go about it now?

.sarah
04-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't think the posts are deleted, but I think that's as far back as you can search with the "Find all posts/threads" option. If you look at the date you joined you can do an advanced search for threads/posts of yours around that time.

lvpets2002
04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
:) Yup I checked Anna_66 & sure thing there is only the last 300 post in my history file.. Maybe thats all the room there is.. I dont know if the updated website had anything to do with it or not.. Why dont you pm Karen & ask & she what she says..

Killearn Kitties
04-06-2006, 11:46 AM
I noticed that recently as well. I did manage to find older posts by putting in quite an old date and taking the "and older" option.

Karen
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
We limited the number of threads to 300 at a time, because searching through 1.3 million threads is difficult for the computer to do. We thought 300 was a good limit.

If you want someone's oldest thread, click on his/her profile, find the "join date" and then limit your search to a period of time near that date.

anna_66
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
OK, thanks for letting me know. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me;):D

Rachel
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM

If you want someone's oldest thread, click on his/her profile, find the "join date" and then limit your search to a period of time near that date.

Are you saying that there is a way to extend to some older date then the 300 limit? I can't find any place to put in a date.

Karen
07-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Under Advanced Search, there's a category called "search options" and the second one down concernes the date. You can select, for example, "A Year Old" on the left and then "and older" on the right.