PDA

View Full Version : Freedom and Scooter

K & L
04-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Since Scooter has grown and put on a few pounds we have been able to keep the extra small diapers on him now. He is actually relating the diapers to freedom and will jump up for me to put them on him. It's really cute. Here he is exploring the kitchen counters.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/p94ac941c24a0602c4d055b6402de8620/ef8d2e49.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pbfcfeef34ff4413cb1ae3cf80f12458c/ef8d2e2e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/p9bb4beba27b6b2318161a80457b7df16/ef8d2e34.jpg

Fender963
04-05-2006, 10:44 PM
What is the story behind this K&L?

Catty1
04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I almost feel SAD for him...but he doesn't seem to mind them at all, does he?

What a cute little fella!

So the vets figure he's incontinent for life?

Give him a hug for me - Cole's baby brother!

Catty1

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Awwwww!! Another special kitty! I also missed Scooters story, but have friends with links galore, and a terrific website about caring for incontinant etc. pets....www.handicappedpets.com Check out the 'Discussion Board' for answers to any question concerning diapering etc. Great input from persons all over the world giving special kitties a chance...now what's Scooter's story? :confused: :) Purrsonaly I think every PTer should have at least ONE special needs kitty, or dog.... :D

K & L
04-05-2006, 10:58 PM
What is the story behind this K&L?

Scooter was a feral at the park where our colonies reside. He was TNR'd along with his mom and 2 siblings. A couple months later we noticed he seemed to keep trying to go to the bathroom so we tried to recapture him. It took us a bit, but finally succeeded. After the vet exam it was discovered he had a deformed penis, of all things, and we could either have surgery or have him put down. Since he was feral we weren't really sure what would be best, but being the soft hearts that we are, we opted for surgery. He's doing well other than it has left him incontinent and even with medication he still has problems. So he is confined to our room when we're not at home, and now to diapers outside the room when we are. This way we can change them frequently and prevent diaper burn and give him the chance to use the litter box.

K & L
04-05-2006, 11:02 PM
:D
I almost feel SAD for him...but he doesn't seem to mind them at all, does he?

What a cute little fella!

So the vets figure he's incontinent for life?

Give him a hug for me - Cole's baby brother!

Catty1
Oh don't feel sad, he is one happy kitty! He doesn't mind the diaper at all, and has befriended Mouser! They run all over tumbling and wrestling. He's so much better off than before!

K & L
04-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Awwwww!! Another special kitty! I also missed Scooters story, but have friends with links galore, and a terrific website about caring for incontinant etc. pets....www.handicappedpets.com Check out the 'Discussion Board' for answers to any question concerning diapering etc. Great input from persons all over the world giving special kitties a chance...now what's Scooter's story? :confused: :) Purrsonaly I think every PTer should have at least ONE special needs kitty, or dog.... :D

Thanks for the link, I will check this out! We did have another incontinent cat, Porch, but he was pretty much secluded to the garage and cat run area. Scooter's still having some issues so we're keeping him confined to the bedroom for observation.

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the link, I will check this out! We did have another incontinent cat, Porch, but he was pretty much secluded to the garage and cat run area. Scooter's still having some issues so we're keeping him confined to the bedroom for observation.
Well worth checking out and posting on the board! ;) Here's the direct link to the board..and believe me...any question regarding cats etc. that are disabled in any way will be answered by many. ;) http://www.handicappedpets.com/cgi-bin/msg/webbbs_config.pl
I don't believe Scooters feral! :eek:

pnance
04-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I love the diaper and he doesn't seem to mind a bit.

jenluckenbach
04-06-2006, 05:09 AM
OMG! He is the cutest little one ever! :D

K & L
04-06-2006, 05:12 AM
[QUOTE=I don't believe Scooters feral! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Some before when he first had his surgery and some with fear in his eyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p4be8bf599862d444e196d2b3f4c58b4d/f06fd2fa.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pe8521c4da019f41cbeb1c3e44cca6d6b/f0119ce1.jpg

CalliesMom
04-06-2006, 07:35 AM
OMG he is adorable!! He has the sweetest, most angelic eyes I have ever seen. What a wonderful story and what a wonderful person you and your husband are for taking this little boy in! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-06-2006, 09:19 AM
He is such a little cutie patootie, and I'm not surprised he doesn't mind the diapers at all. Animals are so adaptive! :D And they're also so smart - such a little smarty pants (pun intended ;) ) to have figured out the diapers mean freedom.

Why am I not surprised he and Mouser are turning into best friends? :D

mina'smomma
04-06-2006, 09:25 AM
He so lucky to come across you and your husband. He is just so adorable especially with the diaper. Bless your kind heart for taking such good care of him.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Oh bless him - what a little sweetheart

catmandu
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Thats wonderful that you are going that extra mile for Scooter.
He is usch a dear sweet Little Cat,and we are glad that he doesnt mind wearing wearing diapers.
Anything to keep that Little Wonder alive and well.

lvpets2002
04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
;) Scooter you are such a cutie sweetie pie.. I am so glad you have such a caring meowmomie that gave you a second chance with life..

Lizzie
04-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm really pleased to see that you have been able to offer Scooter a taste of freedom and that he's adapted to his accessory very quickly. I remember that it was quite a challenge for you to keep him at the beginning since you were expecting a lot of guests, and coping with a lot of other cats. I honor you for accepting this additional responsibility, but I bet you just look at him and ask how could you not.

Catsnclay
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
:eek: :eek: I thought you got another cat, "Freedom" when I first read the title :eek: :eek:

Ok, so I'm having a dumb blonde moment...... :rolleyes:

It is SO good to see little Scooter out and about, and with those cute diapers! Is he more friendly now? I remember he sniffed my fingers, and touched him lightly, but that was all he would let me do. :(

You know I would take him home with me..........but then again I would have probably also taken 1/2 of your clan home with me, too!

But I have a grumpy one that thinks 3 is enough :rolleyes:

Scooter, you look so cute!!!!

K & L
04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
:eek: :eek: I thought you got another cat, "Freedom" when I first read the title :eek: :eek:

It is SO good to see little Scooter out and about, and with those cute diapers! Is he more friendly now? I remember he sniffed my fingers, and touched him lightly, but that was all he would let me do. :(

You know I would take him home with me..........but then again I would have probably also taken 1/2 of your clan home with me, too!

But I have a grumpy one that thinks 3 is enough :rolleyes:

Ha! I never thought of that but Freedom would be a good name. He is so much more friendly with us, but runs and hides if anyone else tries to approach him. The granddaughters were over this weekend and couldn't get anywhere near him. He stayed underneath the bed most of the time. Oh well with time he'll adjust more. Look how he has gotten with us! :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-07-2006, 01:15 AM
I also thought that you had gotten another cat and named it Freedom. LOL:)
I'm so glad to see and hear that Scooter is doing so well. He sure looks happy and I'm sure he also loves his freedom.:) It's great that Mouser now has a cat closer to his age to play with. I know that he's been missing this since I adopted Pearl.:)

catfamily
04-07-2006, 09:32 AM
You've out done yourself with this one.You guys really DO have big hearts.I'm wondering.Does he not make it in time for the box?Is that why you have diapers on him.

K & L
04-07-2006, 10:04 AM
You've out done yourself with this one.You guys really DO have big hearts.I'm wondering.Does he not make it in time for the box?Is that why you have diapers on him.

Scooter had a deformed penis where the opening was so small his urine would only drip out. His kidney's were beginning to be affected and his options were either surgery or put down. We opted for the surgery, but it's never 100% guarantee things will be perfect. Right now Scooter is incontinent and can't seem to control the bladder. They have him on medication for this, but he still is dripping. Everything else is wonderful. Kidney's are in the normal range, he's now beginning to grow and gain weight, he's calmed down enough to accept just our love, and he's playing like crazy. The vet said he did have some other ideas on how to deal with this if the medication fails to work for him. So in the meantime it's diapers for him when we want him to have free range of the house. :)

catfamily
04-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Scooter had a deformed penis where the opening was so small his urine would only drip out. His kidney's were beginning to be affected and his options were either surgery or put down. We opted for the surgery, but it's never 100% guarantee things will be perfect. Right now Scooter is incontinent and can't seem to control the bladder. They have him on medication for this, but he still is dripping. Everything else is wonderful. Kidney's are in the normal range, he's now beginning to grow and gain weight, he's calmed down enough to accept just our love, and he's playing like crazy. The vet said he did have some other ideas on how to deal with this if the medication fails to work for him. So in the meantime it's diapers for him when we want him to have free range of the house. :)
I'm sure he appreciates all you've done for him :) He seems to be a very happy cat :D

Barbara
04-07-2006, 11:12 AM

I had the same dumb blonde moment- although I never was blonde in my life ;)

And I agree: Scooter these diapers look good on you :)

rg_girlca
04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh Lisa, how good it is to know that Scooter is able to be out and about now.
I'm so glad to see that scared look in his eyes, gone.

Bless you and Kevin, for going beyond the call of duty to help these precious cats.

Scooter looks so darn adorable in his widdle diaper. :)

catcrazylady
04-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Look at this face!!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pbfcfeef34ff4413cb1ae3cf80f12458c/ef8d2e2e.jpg

Lisa I could eat that little stinker right up!!! ;) :D What a super cute little guy! The diaper only makes him cuter! :p

You and Kevin never cease to amaze me. Thank you both so much for caring the way you do. Not many people would deal with an incontinent cat...even one in diapers.

WhiteFlower
07-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey K & L

I am adopting an abandoned kitty that has feacal incontinence due to a Tritrichomonas Foetas infection. Do you the pet diapers you are using would work for him too? What brand are you using and are they suitable for chronic diarrhea?

I'm in South Africa and we don't get them here so I'll probaby buy them over the internet. The only thing I'm worried about is that he'll be too small for the XS size. He's a very teeny Devon Rex.

K & L
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey K & L

I am adopting an abandoned kitty that has feacal incontinence due to a Tritrichomonas Foetas infection. Do you the pet diapers you are using would work for him too? What brand are you using and are they suitable for chronic diarrhea?

I'm in South Africa and we don't get them here so I'll probaby buy them over the internet. The only thing I'm worried about is that he'll be too small for the XS size. He's a very teeny Devon Rex.

We get them at Petsmart and they have XXS. Scooter was very tiny when we first started using them. I'm sure they would work for you, you would just have to change them more often. It's like a baby, you don't want them to get diaper rash. Good luck and please let me know how it works out.