PDA

View Full Version : New Collar For Buddy!!!

zoomer
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Hello everyone! I have really been having a hard time here about Buddy and have been getting steamed a lot because of some of your guys's comments. But, I want you all to know that we got a new collar for Buddy so I can walk him now! He won't be left out or needing to join the fun anymore now. So, just wanted you all to know that. And I have already taken him for walks and gave him lots of attention, already. I also took him to the pond and he had a blast. He didn't pull very much, I don't know if it was the collar or him. So... you all don't have to worry about him anymore :) He is getting PLENTY of attention and training, and walking! It's stretchy, and used easily if he runs off or is pulling really hard. Thanks, Makayla.

lute
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
that's great that Buddy got a nice new collar. it's VERY important to make Buddy just as much of the family as the other two. i'm sure he was being hard to deal with because he was feeling left out.

zoomer
04-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I could tell. It was just hard because my therapist was encouraging me not the walk him and she told my mom that I shouldn't be walking him. I finally got my parents to get me a collar, that works. My therapist still isn't too happy about it, but who cares? Buddy's part of the family and he deserves whatever the other two get!

lute
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
if your not suppose to walk Buddy can you take a friend that can walk him while you walk the other two? when we had all six dogs.(permanent and rescues)i had my brothers talk a couple. the ONLY good thing about having 3 brothers! ;) :p

Jessika
04-05-2006, 08:51 PM
As I suggested in the other thread, for walking, a good choice for control would be a type of harness (I've heard good things about the gentle leader and such) or a prong collar.

The elastic on that one looks as though if it were under enough stress/pressure it would break. And your Buddy is a good sound and strong dog. I think this collar would be a good choice if he had a little more obedience under his belt first (ie: no, stay, come, etc).

dab_20
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
That's great he won't be left out anymore! I saw those collars at petsmart. Those are really great for bigger, stronger dogs.

Lori Jordan
04-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Does he pull when u walk him?

sammy101
04-05-2006, 09:08 PM
thats great! :) Like Jessika said,i would have recommended a prong collar for him.Helped both of mine alot!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-06-2006, 04:15 AM
That's brilliant - well done! For every problem, there's a solution :D

zoomer
04-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I do have a prong collar :D I use that too.