PDA

View Full Version : Please god pray!!

buttercup132
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Well a while back I spilled coke all over my new lap top...Well this time I spilled mil..well no splashed it on but it still got on.
PLEASE PLEASE pray it dosen stop working I'm never drinking anywhere near my computer again!

Karen
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Methinks you need to invest a dollar in a sippycup - the kind little kids have that cannot spill.

luvofallhorses
04-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Methinks you need to invest a dollar in a sippycup - the kind little kids have that cannot spill.

LOL!
:o

Flatcoatluver
04-05-2006, 08:03 PM
lol, I agree lol!!!

BC_MoM
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
LOL! I miss sippy cups.. Those were the good days. :D

When something like this happens, just tip the keyboard upside down for about an hour. You can buy cans of compressed air at stores and you can "spray" it between the keys in case one every gets sticky! :)

k9krazee
04-05-2006, 08:16 PM

LMAO! :D

catnapper
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Tsk Tsk, didn't you do the same thing right after Christmas?

If I were your mom, you wouldn't seeing a computer for a looong time.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I spilled pop into my keyboard and completely fried it. :p I have a new keyboard now, and I'm really careful not to spill again. :D

king2005
04-06-2006, 08:23 AM

I have adult styled sippycups you can borrow :D
I use them for hot chocolate

buttercup132
04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
LOL my mommy wont buy me a sippy cup:(

But we dried it out now and the only letters that dont work are u,i,and y and the y button keeps sticking and making y's after all ym words.. do you think I'll be able to replace those?

king2005
04-06-2006, 03:10 PM

But we dried it out now and the only letters that dont work are u,i,and y and the y button keeps sticking and making y's after all ym words.. do you think I'll be able to replace those?

It'll just be easier to go out & buy a 10.00-20.00 keyboard. Theres a Canada Computers on Herontario (between Britania & Burnhamthorpe), its not a "bad" place for parts, just don't get ur computer serviced there, thats what they suck at.

Jessika
04-06-2006, 03:15 PM
You can just pop the keys off and clean them with a q-tip

Felix
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
You can just pop the keys off and clean them with a q-tip

Make sure you know where they go,for when you put them back on.My friend decided to do that once,just to clean it and when she put the keys back on she put some back in the wrong spot.I was making fun for about a week.Talking to her on msn was FUNNY!Finally she got it right.Good luck with yours :D

Jessika
04-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Make sure you know where they go,for when you put them back on.My friend decided to do that once,just to clean it and when she put the keys back on she put some back in the wrong spot.I was making fun for about a week.Talking to her on msn was FUNNY!Finally she got it right.Good luck with yours :D

Haha well I'm assuming she'll be fine if she only takes one or two off at a time ;)

And something smart would be before you pop the keys off, google an image of a keyboard and either have it on your screen or print it off for reference if you are going to take all the keys off ;)

.sarah
04-06-2006, 03:34 PM

I'm being serious when I ask this... if those letters don't work then how did you just type them? :confused:

Felix
04-06-2006, 03:34 PM
And something smart would be before you pop the keys off, google an image of a keyboard and either have it on your screen or print it off for reference if you are going to take all the keys off

LOL I highly recomend you do this :D

Everytime I do a "quote" it dont come up who it was originally posted by...why is that?What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Jessika
04-06-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm being serious when I ask this... if those letters don't work then how did you just type them? :confused:

Character map??

LOL I highly recomend you do this :D

Everytime I do a "quote" it dont come up who it was originally posted by...why is that?What am I doing wrong? :confused:
Are you clicking "quote" on the post, or copying nad making the quote yourself?

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2006, 03:47 PM
I need to clean my keyboard really bad, but I was afraid I would break the computer, I'm on a laptop..

Jessika
04-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I need to clean my keyboard really bad, but I was afraid I would break the computer, I'm on a laptop..
Laptop keyboards I don't recommend popping them off. You CAN do it, but I don't suggest it

buttercup132
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm being serious when I ask this... if those letters don't work then how did you just type them? http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

i have to copy and paste the letters that dont work and do it that way and
i go on my brothers computer its really annoying.

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2006, 03:52 PM
ughhelpmyspacekeypoppedoff!

Felix
04-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Are you clicking "quote" on the post, or copying nad making the quote yourself?

I just copied what you said and hit reply post,then I paste it in the quote spot.If that wrong?

Felix
04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
ROFLMBO im sorry i cant help it :D pop the spacebar back on,it only clips in.

Jessika
04-06-2006, 03:58 PM

I told you not to do it! LOL

beeniesmom
04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Tried to PM this to you but your box is full:
Maybe I am strange but it really bothered me that GOD in your post was spelled in lower case.
For such a stupid thing, I think you should change the title to Please pray for my laptop.
sorry
carmen

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I told you not to do it! LOL
lol but itpoppedback on, butits just kindastuck up, we're goingtotake it to therentalplace tomorrow to seeif theycanfix it!(yes we rentmycomp)

Jessika
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I just copied what you said and hit reply post,then I paste it in the quote spot.If that wrong?
You can either click the quote button below the person's post and then just delete the bit of their post you don't want to quote, OR when you c&p it yourself and make the quote code make sure to add

QUOTE=username

to the first quote that should work :)

Vette
04-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Both my mom and i have wreaked a couple of keyboards by spilling something on them.
but that doesnt stop me drinking near my computer though. :o im just extra careful now.

ive cleaned out keyboards before by popping out all the keys. what i did to remeber what goes where.. i just laied them out on the counter top as i popped each key off... wasnt that hard. and yes.. i learned the hard way not mess with the space bar or the Enter key...LOL

all paws and figners crossed that your computer will be fine

buttercup132
04-06-2006, 08:13 PM
LOL you guys crack me up! Omg we went to the computer store for the guy to look at and hes like well $135 for the key board 65 for labour and then I was thinking..couldn't I just attach a normal keyboard on the back..so instead of paying tons of money to fix it I payed 20 for a key bored! And haha I think I'll invest in a sippy cup.:rolleyes: :p

Alysser
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
My F12 key fell off once and I couldn't get it back on so I panicked. Then two other keys fell off and another one. They FINALLY I got the F12 key back on and I couldn't get the others 3 in place. But that was a long time ago. Now I have a laptop.

king2005
04-06-2006, 08:45 PM
LOL you guys crack me up! Omg we went to the computer store for the guy to look at and hes like well $135 for the key board 65 for labour and then I was thinking..couldn't I just attach a normal keyboard on the back..so instead of paying tons of money to fix it I payed 20 for a key bored! And haha I think I'll invest in a sippy cup.:rolleyes: :p

Told ya a 20.00 keyboard is easier hehehe

buttercup132
04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Told ya a 20.00 keyboard is easier hehehelol well you see I never thought you could put those types of keyoards into the laptops lol:p I think they should make some cheap spill proof key boards:D

Jessika
04-06-2006, 10:24 PM
lol well you see I never thought you could put those types of keyoards into the laptops lol:p I think they should make some cheap spill proof key boards:D
Well they do have plastic covers you put over them... there is also a plastic "roll-up" keyboard they make (I used to have one) that is spill-proof

king2005
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
lol well you see I never thought you could put those types of keyoards into the laptops lol:p I think they should make some cheap spill proof key boards:D

ohhh you mean a sippycup hehehe :D

Felix
04-08-2006, 08:01 AM
You can either click the quote button below the person's post and then just delete the bit of their post you don't want to quote, OR when you c&p it yourself and make the quote code make sure to add

QUOTE=username

to the first quote that should work :)

Ok thanks alot for all your help!Learn something new everyday! :D

chocolatepuppy
04-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Tried to PM this to you but your box is full:
Maybe I am strange but it really bothered me that GOD in your post was spelled in lower case.
For such a stupid thing, I think you should change the title to Please pray for my laptop.
sorry
carmen

Gotta agree with that. Don't know how old you are buttercup but you will find that there will be a lot more serious things to pray about than a computer. When you do pray, addressing God with a capital letter might help. ;)